Perfectionism "Dialed Down" on New Effort

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

Another article has made its way to the forefront, this time by Reuters/Billboard, who enjoyed a screening of "a handful of tracks" from Linkin Park's latest release, Minutes to Midnight.

The publication makes mention of several topics concerning the band, most notably their past, public fall-out with Warner Bros. Records. "At the time, Warner Bros. dubbed the move a publicity stunt intended to beef up the band's position in contract negotiations, a tactic previously employed by such acts as the Dixie Chicks, Incubus and Beck." However, Shinoda replies that things are much smoother now, exclaiming: "all pistons are firing. (Warner is) working their butts off out there, and I know we all really appreciate that. Because obviously we're working our butts off as well."

The article also contains a few descriptions of what appear to be some of the most notable tracks on the record. "'Leave Out All the Rest' has an arena-ready chorus accented by drum machine beats, while 'Shadow of the Day' shoots for a 'With or Without You'-level ballad sure to inspire plenty of lighter-waving. Elsewhere, the six-minute-plus 'The Little Things You Give Away' [sic] references a city 'washed away as a nation simply stares' as multitracked a cappella voices fill the mix."

Working with the talented Rick Rubin, Linkin Park "dialed down" what Shinoda has termed "perfectionism," ignoring the polish and dubbing that was center stage on the first two discs. This time, the band opted for a "rawer, more live sound." Drummer Rob Bourdon, who had worked for weeks perfecting one drum track, was stunned when Rubin told him to "scrap it all" in favor of the demo version, which made it's way onto the final song of the disc.

Thanks to UndergroundSoldier!

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I really want to hear this album. Like, this sounds more and more amazing with each review and each description.

Aleco111

Aleco111 Member

Nice find. I'm actually surprised their not going for the "perfect sound" like the last two albums. I always thought they were big on that kind of thing. I wonder why it took so long to create the album if they didn't spend any time perfecting it...

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

So...like...I know I'm gonna prefer them cursing...I mean...tracks like high voltage and stuff without dubbing sound so much better...

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Honestly, the album sounds amazing but I'm worried about the way some of the band members are acting lately. I hope it's just cause they're really proud of this work and nothing else.

I'll be waiting cautiously for May 15th. I think the album is going to be a hit but I'm gonna wait to give a full opinion.

Caitlin

Caitlin Guest

Ooh. I wanna hear this.

danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

I wanna hear this album so much !

arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

i know this album will be a hit...

what i don't know if this will be a bigger hit than Meteora or not...

Derek

LOL they called Wake, "What The F--K Is Wrong With Me".

:lol:

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

To add to the growing list of concerns I now have this: Linkin Park "dialed down" what Shinoda has termed "perfectionism.." Not trying to say that I'm not excited but I'm really concerned about how this thing's gonna pan out.

-EDIT-

Can you be a bit more explicit?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
    Derek

Some statements (like the ones in this article especially) come off cocky.

Like the claim they invented Nu-Metal even though KoRn kinda proceeded them by a few years, same with limpbizkit.

Urantia Girl

Urantia Girl Well-Known Member

Wait, they actually said they invented it? Shame.

Louis

He said "kinda" and "I guess" in that statement. I'm sure he was thinking of KoRn and Limp Bizkit when he was saying that.

And he's kind of right. I mean, they may have not really invented it, but for sure, they made it extremely popular. Like, they really brought it out.

Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

While I do agree that to a certain extent they did help create it because Hybrid Theory was definitely nu-metal at it's finest, I don't like how Chester says he's not a big fan of the genre and hates most of the music that comes out of it.

If he didn't like the bands in that genre why have LP spent the better part of 7 years touring with nu-metal bands and saying that these guys are their friends and people they enjoy playing with?

Just sounds strange to me.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
    Derek

You mean Chester.

And yeah I admit, that comes off rather strange.

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

Im really excited to hear it, a bit nervous, but excited all the same. They keep getting better and better reviews so that makes me happy...but i dont want to judge it before i hear it...so im going to cautiously be excited for it. :)

Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

Yeah I meant Chazzy Chaz.

goodbyetonight

goodbyetonight Well-Known Member

I'm a little iffy about the album now. That's the best word for it. Just...iffy. A lot of things just seen strange, like what was mentioned in the thread previously.

Louis

No, you meant Chester. :lol:

chaosblade

chaosblade Well-Known Member

well.. :x. just :x.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.