Perfectionism "Dialed Down" on New Effort

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

A lot fo people will dislike this album, atleast for a while, because the change of sound. And yaknow I'm kind of glad for that. I feel like for the first time we're going to eget something real from LP. Not that their previous work wasn't real or great, but this sounds like it's going to be stripped down, in-your-face, music.

Harldy any ProTools, if at all, one band performing what they like, and not five or six bands layered over eachother and pieced together on a computer.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

It's just too concerning to see the band change so dramatically.

Sonic

I can see your point, but you have to remember these guys aren't in their 20's anymore. When they made Meteora, they were 25-26 years old, and now their 30. I don't see how people expect them to not change.

For example, when people were younger (depending on their current age), I bet a lot of them listened to totally different types of music then what they do now. I know I did, but I'm not saying everyone does that, either.

I guess what I'm trying to say is as people get older, they change. It's actually real simple when it's thought through. Almost everything about people change as they get older, including musical tastes. A lot of people still expect LP to make angsty songs about things that happened a long time ago, but why should they?

I feel this album will be awesome. I can't say it will be better than Hybrid Theory because that's simply impossible because this practically isn't the same band anymore. I feel like this is a new beginning, and I'm looking at this CD as if it's their first album, which in turn they will blow us away again.

That is, of course, it lives up to all they hype that's surrpounding it.

panza

panza Well-Known Member

Chester is really strange, I don't know if it has something to do with his divorce or if its because he has new "superstar" friends (slash & co) and doesn't want to be appear like a "teenie numetal star" in their eyes or whatever. In my mind, as long as the music is great, it's okay. But to be honest, his overconfident words have shocked me quite a bit.

Like for example, in one of the first interviews for MTM, he said he would be really shocked if they won't sell at least 3 milion copies of MTM and, in the same interview he said he spent all of his money...so I'm not really sure he's not doing this for money...but I know he's not doing this JUST for the money (and because of that) I'm not that sure he'll stay if this album won't be that successful. Also Mike, he acted like a big Hip hoper with Fort Minor and now he sings and looks like as though he's a rocker. I know he likes to do a lot of different things but hmm...

It all seems to me as they are trying to escape from what they are, but they are doing it a bit strange, pretending to be who they aren't. Yes the music seems to be more mature and bla bla...I admit, I haven't listened to Meteora and HT for a long time, that music doesn't interest me really now and that's why I love to hear this time it is gonna be different. But from everything I've read, it doesn't look like they are so original now. just copying their favourite bands, doing some experiments along the way. So maybe the sound is just more mainstream, they don't have the excitement to do some real experiments, achieve something really original. It's just a typical post-modern way to create something - take something old, something you like and everybody else too, mix it with something else, give it some modern arragements and voila, the new stuff is here. it looks original, it's enjoyable, but you have that feeling like you've heard it somewhere. U2? with or without you? or AC/DC? or Pink floyd?

This album will be good. Maybe it will be awesome. But nothing like to act like you're writing the history. But all in all, is there some space for good, but experimental music these days? It's the problem with the music business, of the whole pop culture today, yes I'm really skeptic, but I know so many examples of great, enjoyable, original and contemporary music, that isn't played, just because big radio stations and MTV play mostly just what's IN.

Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

I don't know what to expect..:hmm:

danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

Expect the unexpected

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Your post was impossible read before with all the grammatical errors and spelling mistakes. I did the best I could to edit your post and make it understandable and easy to follow. Please proofread posts for now on.

JohnnyBoy

JohnnyBoy Active Member

or maybe you need to stop freaking out over everything they say and give them a break.

Metal_God

Metal_God Member

Yeah. This new album is a little scary. But all we can do is hope for the best.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

So, we should expect Minutes to Midnight to be a complete fraud and that it it's going to end up being a Jazz record? :lol:

Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

lmao..that would be so fucking screwed up :lol:

mis

mis Well-Known Member

LP have always done the unexpected. If you look at Reanimation and Collision Course they went outside of the box with these and they were awesome. So I hoping that with their new stuff it will be the same. They can't keep making the same music cause then it will get boring and they have to think on how to stay in the game and still be true to themselves. It's all about compromise. I also think that the guys being over confident is cause they are nervous on how everyone will accept their new sound. I don't know I'm just trying to be optimistic.

Derek

We don't allow people who CANT TYPE LEGIBLY on these forums for a reason. So taking a cue from what you just said, maybe you need to stop over reacting over the way we do our jobs and give us moderators a break. You type legibly and you're not even a part of the type of person we're talking about, so I'm not sure why this even bothers you. Did you intentionally want to start drama?

JohnnyBoy

JohnnyBoy Active Member

lol, dude, i wasn't talking to you. i was talking to the guy that posted the paragraph. i was telling him to stop freaking out over everything the band says lol. i would never do that, especially since i'm a noob :lol:

Derek

Ah I'm sorry. My apologies.

I've gotten a lot of nasty emails concerning our new grammar policies so I thought you we're just another one in the crowd.

And yeah I'm guilty of freaking over what they say too. Chester's statements have made me feel he's in it for the money now. Just goes to show how words can make a person look.

JohnnyBoy

JohnnyBoy Active Member

's ok. and i do agree to some extent that Chester comes off a bit cocky, but my point is that if you don't know him personally, then you shouldn't assume things about him. but he also should have taken into account how he would come off to people. or maybe the media is just twisting his words or whatever. eh, i don't know. i think it's better to just not read the interviews at all. ignorance is bliss.

goodbyetonight

goodbyetonight Well-Known Member

I never though I'd say this about Linkin Park, but I have to agree with that statement.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Of course they're doing it for the money. It's a job. Why does anyone do any job? For the money. Sure, bands may say they do it because they love making music, but they wouldn't be putting years of hard work and labor into a CD if they were getting McDonald's wages.

Sonic

The media could have a lot to do with that, too. I mean, how many times over the years, with anyone, have we seen as a society a magazine of sorts twist around the words of someone famous to create some drama?

I've seen it happen a lot.

Derek

And it's true, yeah..but a band has to watch how they come off. There's a difference between doing it for the money and being humble, then doing it for the money and just coming off greedy. I'm especially worried by this 100.00 CD package, the old LP would've never done that. Maybe 60 tops in the old days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.