Perfectionism "Dialed Down" on New Effort

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

You were going blatantly off-topic about people liking 'Meteora' more than 'Hybrid Theory'. There's plenty of threads that have been created for discussion of that topic.

Granted, you weren't the only person going off topic, so don't take it personal. :)

Everybody back on topic.

2. JohnnyBoy

JohnnyBoy Active Member

sorry, I was just replying to Kayce, didn't mean to go off topic. anyways, back on topic, I think it's best if people stop freaking out over every little detail and quote and not judge the album before you hear it. :)

3. Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

I'm hoping the order of the greatest LP albums will be:

1. MTM
    2. Hybrid Theory
    3. Meteora.

But I believe it will turn out as:

1. Hybrid Theory (this is a huge album to top)
    2. MTM
    3. Meteora

4. LP Tekkie

LP Tekkie Well-Known Member

To be fair, even when they were selling millions of Hybrid Theory albums and Meteora was becoming a big success, they always said they didn't consider themselves "nu-metal". Also, we have always known that certain band members preferred other types of music. Mike's roots are in hip hop, and Chester has always said his favorite band was STP.

5. panza

panza Well-Known Member

and Depeche Mode ... he has said it several times...and DM are definetly not nu metal:)

6. LP Tekkie

LP Tekkie Well-Known Member

Nope.

7. [Tezzy-Tez]

[Tezzy-Tez] Well-Known Member

Right I know this is really off topic and I apologise, but can somebody be so good as to post a link to some screenshots of the new LP website?

I cant see it myself cause I aint got Java script installed and I really wanna see it, anyone who helps me out, a beer (if you're under age, a cookie) to you :p

...urrm, just to make this post not completely off topic... all these interviews, all these quotes and reviews... people need to relax, wait for the album to come out and make your own opinions then, not get stressed over the opinions of others...
    (But you wont, you're LP fans, you're passionate about this and you mean it, so you take things seriously :p)

oh and on the seemingly arrogant quotes from Chester?
    1. Chester is a very humble and down to earth guy, so I dont think he'd say anything negative about anyone, I just think he was saying he doesn't feel Linkin Park fit into the genre of NU-Metal and he isn't a fan of that kind of music and feels a lot of other bands who he knows dont belong in that label either.
    He wasnt saying oh NU-Metal sucks or all the bands are lame, he likes Muse, STP and Depeche Mode amongst others in his taste in music so he's bound not to be a NU-Metal fan.
    2. In saying they created NU-Metal, I think again that was taken outta context, people like Deftones, Korn and Limp Bizkit where some of the original bands to play what some would lazily call NU-Metal, but when the genre was at the peak of its power, when it was really popular and took over Rock mainstream, people like LP, Papa Roach, Korn and Limp Bizkit where the four horsemen if you will of what that genre was and who people associated it with, so with his statement I think he means the whole 'fad' of NU-Metal was defined by them amongst others.... and they wanna let that rest now.

(just to add to the stupidly long post, LPA rules, never ending news and updates, you are appriciated ;))

8. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Tezzy, to answer your question that didn't get posted here, we moderate posts now. That's why your post doesn't show up asap! This has been said quite a bit now. :)

9. [Tezzy-Tez]

[Tezzy-Tez] Well-Known Member

haha yeah and I knew that too sorry :blush:

I've got a hangover so my brain isn't running on top speed today haha :unsure: :p

10. Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

11. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

12. Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

oh..I'm sorry :eek:

13. JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

that is what i was waiting to hear :)

14. abajaj2280

abajaj2280 Well-Known Member

yeah, idk about the cussing. ill still listen to it, but they wont be the perfec clean band anymore

15. Nothin*2*lose

Nothin*2*lose Well-Known Member

Good, I like a rawer sound to an album. Meteora was too polished and in my opinion kinda boring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.