VA Tech Shooting

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by palingenesis, Apr 16, 2007.

palingenesis

palingenesis Well-Known Member

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/16/vte...ing/index.html

This happened not too far away from my college campus and not only that I know some people there. Some are saying this is the worst school shooting yet, and CNN confirms this is deadliest shooting in the U.S.

With at least 20 dead and more than 25 wounded, it is stuff like this that makes me a little angry, worried and all those other feelings that came with Columbine.

Why does stuff like this happen? Even if there is no good explanation, let's talk about.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

32 people are dead and atleast 28 more wounded is what I heard last. When I first head the story, it was 1 dead and a few wounded. I also heard he went into a classroom, gathered up students, and shot them execution style., thought I don't knwo how much truth there is to that.

This is very sad indeed and I can never understand why people do these kind of things. :(

shockwave

shockwave Well-Known Member

yeah, the execution process is true unfortunately. what i dont get is the time difference between the two attacks (2 hours). i was very suprised to hear that they hadn't found the gunman before.

extremely depressing to hear an attack like this has happened again...they really need to look into it further to prevent it happening again. i heard that am attack like this has happened before on 19 different occasions, which is very sad.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Earlier in the day I'd heard that there was only a couple people shot dead, and I assumed that one of those people was the shooter and he'd killed someone he didn't like, like a professor or something.

But when I got home from my classes, my dad told me that at least 30 people had been shot dead and it shook me to my bones. This situation is really scary to me because I'm going to be attending Kent State this coming fall and it could happen there just as it happened at Virginia Tech.

My condolences go out to the families of all the people killed today...

Fatal

Fatal Well-Known Member

This is just plain horrible! What do people try to earn out of doing such things?

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

What the fuck?!

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Man do I hate violence.

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

I just heard 33 people died (including the shooter) during the shooting...

Seems really pointless violence and I feel bad for all the people who suffer from it.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

What the fuck is wrong with some people in this world. Why the fuck would you shoot 32 students? Dear god.

R.I.P. All those who passed away today.

MooMoozer

MooMoozer Well-Known Member

I just heard about it. When did this happen?

Maybe that's why I felt so down today.

ryuranshin

ryuranshin Member

My condolences to all the families and friends of the victims.

越南

越南 Well-Known Member

wow thats really fucked up. who the hell is crazy enough to go through such a thing like that

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I go to Virginia Tech, and yeah things a pretty crazy here. Went outside this morning to go to my first class and sirens were everywhere. We have a big field in the middle of campus (Drillfield) and everybody was just standing there confused while police swarmed the campus. Spent most of the day locked in the dorms, watching TV and trying to get calls out. Instant Messenger has never been so valuable. Anyways...yeah, just figured I'd post.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

When I came home from work today my mom just randomly hugged me. I found it odd and I asked her if she was ok. She said that there was a massacre at Virginia Tech and she wanted to hug me to let me know and let herself know how much she loves me. When she told me about the shooting I instantly felt sick and overcome with such sadness. How someone can be so selfish and commit such an act is beyond me.

Condolences to all.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Hearing about this ruined my day. It's terrible. Absolutely terrible.

Condolences to the victims' families and friends.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Wow, man. It must be absolutely surreal to be in the middle of a storm like that. I'm so sorry to hear it happened.

I mean, could you hear the gunshots? How long a walking distance is it from the two separate areas of campus where the shootings occured 2 hours apart? How close are your dorms to either shooting? There's just so many questions.

This is twice now we've had a forum member living in the middle of a tragedy like this. It's so unfortunate things like this have to happen.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Damn, that must've been scary as shit. Glad to hear you're OK, and I hope all your friends who go to VT with you are OK.

This makes our powdered sugar anthrax scare 2 months ago seem like nothing.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

My computer science teacher had it on the tv during lunch and break, and I was watching it. Damn. RIP to those killed, and best of luck to those who are in critical condition.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

Hearing about this reminds me of when my friend got shot and when i almost did, being on the opposite end of a gun is the scariest feeling in the world...rest in peace to those who died and i know how the families of the students must feel now...it really sucks

Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

I heard about this when I saw the Ctrl-Alt-Del splash page. I'm shocked that someone would do this. I hope there's something we can do, later on, to help.

Meanwhile, I hope those who were injured recover quickly, those who were killed rest in peace, and the families and friends of all find comfort.