VA Tech Shooting

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by palingenesis, Apr 16, 2007.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Fucking shit I just heard about this. My condolences.

I still don't know the details and I really don't have a slightest idea how could something like this happen.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

CNN.com and every news site out there now has a picture of the killer.

The gunman is identified as Cho Seung-hui, a 23-year-old English major from South Korea.

Arhaz

Arhaz ...waiting. LPA Super Member

the shooter is most probably chinese or korean, asian to be more sure. about 24 years of age. about six feet. male for sure. a foreign student of the university.

Dart

Dart Well-Known Member

i'm sorry for everybody who died and their families...here in croatia people are shocked...it was the number one topic on the news...a terrible tragedy...i hope shit like this don't happen again,but they will and no law can stop it...that's the sad truth...as long as psychos walk freely, this shit will happen

Joeykat

Joeykat Forever watching...

Holy hell.. There are some sick people in this world who need help or to be locked away forever.

My condolences to everyone affected. I'm just hoping nothing like this happens to my college because most of the classrooms are in an eight floor tower block, practically no escape.

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

We talked about it for a little while at school today, our teacher told us that Bush actually said this could've been prevented if teachers (and students) were allowed to carry guns with them to school. >_<

That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard...

I think it's a weird situation, though. There isn't a whole lot of information that got throught the first day.

I have no clue what he used as weapons and not even if he was the only one shooting... because there were too shootings.

The news over here was useless, it just said how many people died and got injuried that's it.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Bush didn't say that. I think your teacher was overexaggerating.

Incidents like this provoke people to call for changes to the the second ammendment; the right for an american to bear arms. Bush defended the amendment, saying people should be allowed to possess firearms. He said nothing about whether teachers and students should be wearing firearms in school.

I do believe the US has to beef up their gun control laws, though.

Christopher

Oh, right... thought so too, well then I know how much I can trust her "objectif" opinion as a teacher. >_<

I had seen Bush on tv talking about this, but as far as the fragment of his speech goes he didn't talk about teachers carrying guns, but I thought the fragment I had seen might've been a different part of the speech...

Yeah, the gun control laws are really mild over there.

Over here you can't have a gun without passing an exam, being 18,... all these conditions.
    Once you have your gun, you can't keep it loaded, the bullets have to be inside another box.
    You can't carry a gun outside either.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

He left a note:

o.o

Source. cnn.com

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I fucking hate the US media. They're all making this out like it could have been prevented, that they should have shut down the entire campus after the lone shooting earlier in the day. Uhh, HELLO?! The first shooting WASN'T EVEN ON THE CAMPUS, and there was no indication of the suspect heading toward the college immediately afterward. It was a whole 2 hours between the shootings, so how the FUCK would ANYONE have thought it was anything more than a domestic violence type deal at that point?

Talk about gun control and college security all you want, but if you ask me, nobody did anything horribly wrong here.

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

Uh... dude the first shooting happened in a dorm on campus like 50 yards away from the dorm I'm in. So it definitely happened on campus.

Christopher

I think he shouldn't have ever been able to get his hands on a gun... there is something wrong with gun control.

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

UGH. Here we go. Blame everything from the goverment to fucking gun control. How about let's calm the hell down, give our sympathies and shut the hell up. And I love how people who are talking against our goverment are not even from here. Just because you know a few laws about our country DOES NOT mean you fully understand it.

I'm sorry but I'm just seeing this everywhere. No, I am not a "Proud to be an American" asshole here, but come on. Bush nor our goverment pulled the trigger, the guy with the gun did. The man did what he did, we can't do anything about it unfortnatley. Just get over it.

I'm sorry if this offended anyone, but I'm getting sick of people bad mouthing something, espically in a situation like this. I really wish people didn't get into arguments to flex there politcal knowledge muscle bullshit when 30 college kids are shot and killed.

And just so I can cover this, there is nothing we can do about gun control laws except getting rid of it all together. And this gun control law has been in place for a while. See, people do many things with guns besides kill eachother, from hunting to collecting. We can't just take those guns out of there hands. Is it wrong? In my opinon, yeah. But we can't do anything about it because we don't know who the next Columbine shooter is going to be.

Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

This really made me feel sick and really really fucking angry. This asshole was a selfish bitch.

Mark

I think you may be the one blowing things out of proportion. :)

I just meant that as an aside, not to be directly related with this shooting. Of course this wouldn't have been prevented.

Also notice how I defended Bush (wow.) after an incorrect statement was made about him. ;)

I live in a nation of gun owners. There's tons of them all over the place. Long-barrel ones at that. Who needs handguns to hunt? And why cater to those who collect guns? I think a dramatic decrease in amount, or even the abolishment, of handguns on the streets would be beneficial.

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

We don't either. I mean, we never really massacre people every day or anything.

Man, I can't even win in this. Mark kinda has me beat hahaha.

But just, let's lay off of bashing the goverment for my health haha and remember what happened here and everything else. I also had a friend that goes to VT, he got saved because he over slept, thank God.

Mark

Yeah, and again I never meant for this to be a rallying cry for gun control. I just mentioned one sentence and it kinda got turned into a debate. :p

You'll notice I wrote a long rant about people inserting personal agendas into tragedies like this on the first page. Haha.

ragingxchaoz

ragingxchaoz Active Member

Norris hall will be closed for the rest of the semester.

In my opinion:

Yes, killing himself is a sin, killing others is a greater one. Killing more than 30 people is way beyond the word "UNACCEPTABLE". I'm not trying to defend him, but i think he is just too sick to control himself not to do this.

Antidepressants... medication made him too sick, just like eric harris.
    it's painful, so just let it go. RIP.

p.s.: Don't blame on the RAs. remember one of the RAs is a victim too. Blame on the administration office, because they didn't even try to close down our dorm, which is connected with west ambler johnston. They are just too confident that they could control this entire situation, they learned their lessons in august already.

Dart

Dart Well-Known Member

you americans...tell me something...HOW THE FUCK can a 20 year old student get a fuckin GUN into his possesion just like thet...and not just him...everybody in fuckin america can get a gun in no time (and i mean buy it..not steal it from his dad,a war veteran with 15 rifles,4 handguns and a bazooka in his garage-cos he's a WAR FUCKIN VETERAN so he can have whatever weapon he wants-that bullshit happens in croatia too) i mean buying the weapon...we've done in school endless talks about the american mentality and laws and we didn't come to any conclusion...

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Well I'm from Serbia, and I'm a 20 year old student and I can easily buy a gun illegaly for 100e ;)