Kudos Magazine Reviews "Minutes to Midnight"

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    LP1988

LP1988 Active Member

Haha, I never listen to reviews :D.. As from where I see it, LP have never produced a song that is TERRIBLE and that can't be listened to. Their music has always been amazing, I don't see how on earth LP can put out a bad album after so many years of work...it's not possible :D ! I think the reviewer just had a shock from the change of style. That's it :D LP have great sense of music.. they do what they do best..and that's music. These reviewers just want to be cool and unique by dissing LPs album.. haha.

The funny thing is, a review of the song would be pretty good and then you would see the rating as 3/5 or something!! The person had an issue with rating.. when i read it, i thought it was pretty good.. :S i can NOT wait to hear more singing from Chester... the album is going to be a HIT. not a miss :D NO 'HOPEFULLY's' or 'WE'LL SEE's :D ..it is going to rock. :)

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Just sounds to me the reviewer was expecting something Hybrid Theory/Metoera-like and got something totally different. His opinion doesn't matter to me anyway, I know I'm going to love this CD no matter what anyone says.

Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

Sounds like a generally positive review to me. Heck, the guy even said that he expected fans to like the songs he gave low ratings. And aren't we the people that matter anyway?

Hypi

Hypi Member

I agree.. I hate reviews now a days.. Like my brother.. He always trust them and when they give the cd/movie/game a bad score who wont check it out cause it "sucks".. So stupid! People shouldnt trust reviews but wait and judge by themself...

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Well atleast to me it seemed like the person was giving his honest opinion on each and every track. However, thinking that WID is the best track off the album did throw me off a little.

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

The guy writing this does not know what they are talking about! Some of the songs that were pushed strongly in interviews in regards to the MTM album, got some poor scores. I assumed TLTGYA would get 5/5, but In Pieces defeated that.

I'm still very positive for this album, I've read reviews also for albums that did well but were called bland and pretty poor. But 8/10 overall is still a very good score.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Actually, the guy does know what he's talking about because he's heard the album and you haven't.

CureForTheSession

CureForTheSession Well-Known Member

Haha, I literally LOLed when I your post Todd, hahaha. But really, I'm still totally psyched for this album, because didn't Meteora get absolutely terrible reviews? Like, 4 or 5/10? So 8/10 sounds good to me. And I'm still psyched for In Between. I really don't care what this guy says.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

:lol: pwned.

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Im not gonna bother with this review nonsense, when 30 second clips come out soon enough, which they will, i'll make my own expectations, before finally judging the album a few weeks after its released

shockwave

shockwave Well-Known Member

i wasnt convinced at first of that supposed clip on this song on you tube...but the more i read this description and i listen to that clip...they sound very very similar...the sythetic drums, piano and bass are evident in what was regarded a fake :O...hmm i guess we will have to wait and see. ^_^

on another i note, review seems rather positive. and i too think that other peoples reviews are a bit messed up. i saw an article rating meteora at 3/5, but in my opinion it was far better, sure it wasnt absolutely breath taking but most if not all the songs were exceptional IN MY OPINION. its not going to matter what they think because at the end of the day it is us who are listining to it, and being LP fans the album is bound to grow on us even if there isn't 'love at first sight' shall we say. :)

Foreshadowed_LP

Yes, I was indeed 'pwned' :rolleyes:

No, what I am saying is, him calling WID the best single and 5/5 when majority here will consider it as not that high on their list. That, and as others have stated he may have expected something likewise to Meteora and HT, but was disappointed, thus making his opinion of the album more disappointing.

Don't understand why my point is being raised, I've said exactly what everyone else has except for the "He doesn't know what he's talking about". And I still believe that as all reviews are bad nowaday's. And as I stated as evidence, I've read very bad reviews of an album... bought it and enjoyed it.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

this review wasn't too great but then like many people are saying here you gotta try it out yourself before you really know how it is, i have faith in the band and in just under a month i'll see if my having faith in them paid off

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

You guys shouldn't be discouraged. This is a relatively good review. Plus, this is opinion, not fact. So don't be discouraged.

We'll see how the album turns out in a few weeks. I'm still excited. You should be too.

Oh, and Todd, awesome pwnage. *high-five*

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
    Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

o·pin·ion /əˈpɪnyən/ [uh-pin-yuhn]
    –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
    3. the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.
    4. Law. the formal statement by a judge or court of the reasoning and the principles of law used in reaching a decision of a case.
    5. a judgment or estimate of a person or thing with respect to character, merit, etc.: to forfeit someone's good opinion.
    6. a favorable estimate; esteem: I haven't much of an opinion of him.
    [Origin: 1250–1300; ME < OF < L opīniōn- (s. of opīniō), deriv. of opīnārī to opine]

Just because some don't like WID doesn't mean that no one likes it

Foreshadowed_LP

I'm not saying that, I'm saying that many don't consider WID most likely to be the best single. One Step Closer wasn't the best on HT and Somewhere I Belong wasn't the best on Meteora. All I'm saying is WID, as much as I love it, most likely won't be the best.

And like many I'm just saying don't trust the reviewer's beliefs... there are reasons why they give such bad reviews... high expectations for the album is one example. All I meant by "he doesn't know what he's talking about" is that the review (even though the overall score was good) was somewhat bad for the individual songs that were pushes as the best. That's it. Do not see how I was 'pwned'.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

...Speak for yourself, please.

Jawsome

Jawsome Well-Known Member

Yeah, honestly this got me hyped up more for the album. Just going by readin what he said, and ignoring the scores, he still doesn't have alot of bad to say about songs that get a 2. Like Valentine's Day, it got a 2/5 and here's something he said about it, "it finally kicks in with another extremely infective hook and harmonious backing vocals. “On a Valentines day” is passionately sung with interesting vocals spoken over the top" I know I'll still probably like the song, so I'm not really worried. Stop crying.

Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

LOL! Good one. People need to take reviews with a grain of salt. It's basically one guy's opinion. Think about it. If you were writing a music critic would every review you wrote be reflective of the commercial success an album received? I doubt it.

chadzero

chadzero Active Member

Now im reallllly looking forward to this album, especially In Pieces :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.