Fans Shed Light on 'Midnight': 45 'Minutes' Worth

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, Apr 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Great news, very happy. :)

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I think any longer would have been painful. No need to drag out songs just to make them longer.

chaosblade

chaosblade Well-Known Member

You can make well-thought short songs, And you can make boring dragged-out long songs. It's all about quality, not quantity.

I'm not sure whats my take on this, But having two songs over four minutes long, And most of the songs are between three and three and a half minutes long, It seems good (assuming the posted French magazine times are correct).

EDIT: If anyone cares, Wikipedia puts the album up as 43 minutes as well, Almost the same timing as what danielpsoad-09 posted.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
    Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys Well-Known Member

No matter how "bad" In Between is, I will think it's good, I mean Mike's singing it and I'm to stubborn to say it's bad.

musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

Cool, I am more than happy about the album length. It surpassed my first thoughts of 40 or 42 minutes, so I could not ask for more.

Version One

Version One Well-Known Member

45 is cool with me.

underground1

underground1 Well-Known Member

I was having high hopes for "In Between" since Mike sings it. I'll judge for myself of course.

lpcrawling

lpcrawling Active Member

I guess i'm cool with the length of the album bc i wasn't expecting much more from LP. They keep it short and simple, as well as "made for the radio" songs.

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

43 minutes, 17 seconds sounds great to me. The build-up is getting better and better and I am overly-excited for the release of this album. Hopefully I'll gain this a few days before the actual release (May 12th) as I usually do when I pre-order albums.

Great news.

musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

Yeah, that'd be cool if it came like the Friday or Saturday before release or something if shipping is quick. Usually this time of year it is pretty quick since it's not as busy as around X-mas and stuff, so maybe just maybe. If anything it'll probably here a day early [May 14th]; that's what happened w/ 'Meteora' for me.

panza

panza Well-Known Member

I think the "diverse" sound means: One half of the album will be absolutely shit pop rock (in between), and the second half will be absolutely awesome and progressive (little things). You know, LP just can't write a good pop song, It would sound too...weird, too boring, it's like...where'd you go, it wasn't a bad song, but it was way too mainstream and I'm afraid there will be more songs like this on this album. I know now that I won't like the entire album, but also. I think there will be some songs I will consider as the best songs LP have done so far.

Spectral

Spectral Active Member

This is great news. 45 minutes is perfect.

And for 'In Between'? Well, wait and see. But every time a band is experimenting they can come up with songs that will sound very good and fresh to some or like the ugliest song ever recorded to others.

mikhailpreda

mikhailpreda Active Member

I have a feeling I will enjoy the whole album except for "the little things" because I cant stand political bs. But wow 45 minutes is amazing for LP.

chadzero

chadzero Active Member

Bleed it out only 2:45??? damn, wanted more on that track.

Chip

Chip Well-Known Member

Hey Easier to Run was a good song. Hit the Floor was the one and only song from meteora I didnt even bother putting on my Ipod/Itunes. So "In Between" will just be interesting to listen to.

Good news on teh album length BTW. :)

CureForTheSession

CureForTheSession Well-Known Member

After reading that last review, my new most anticipated song is Hands Held High. I love that kind of drum beat and Mike's rapping on top of that would be AMAZING.

And at first, I thought 45 minutes was way too short, but then I realized it is longer than both HT and Meteora, so it's all good. Not to mention only two tracks under three minutes. I'm a happy boy. Can't wait :-D

LinkinParkHotspur

LinkinParkHotspur Well-Known Member

What if every single thing we've heard up until now about Minutes to Midnight was a lie? What if all the track names and descriptions were lies? What if the number of tracks on the album was just a lie? What if every single thing we've heard since the album was announced was a lie and the only track on the entire album was this thing below? http://audio.xanga.com/guilty_by_false_association/bef45759044/audio.html

oh man I'm just joking...but that would seriously be funny for a little while.

MooMoozer

MooMoozer Well-Known Member

ooOOoo that makes things sound very interesting :D now I'm even more excited for the album.

LinkinParkHotspur

LinkinParkHotspur Well-Known Member

Exciting

The excitement level is definitely increasing, at least for me. Every time I hear more about this album or read another review, I just get more excited. Pretty much the total opposite of how I felt before I ever heard the first previews for What I've Done. I was concerned about Given Up and No More Sorrow but after reading the descriptions and reading a lot of other things, it sounds like I'm just concerned about only one song now. Pretty much just concerned about No More Sorrow now.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

Anyone else notice that 'Shadow of the Day' is almost 5 minutes in length? For Linkin Park, it has to be good to be that long lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.