Fans Shed Light on 'Midnight': 45 'Minutes' Worth

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, Apr 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    blank_space

blank_space Member

Is someone killing a cow? :blink:

But seriously 45 minutes is a good length. I cannot wait till May 15!

fordmoo

fordmoo Active Member

Linkin Park will be on SNL on May 12, Molly Shannon hosts...just announced before a commercial break

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
    Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

Damn, I don't know whether or not to post.

musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

Post any news items here: http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9878

Wow, I totally missed that. I'm glad you pointed that one out, Omar. I think that song will be badass, too. I am getting excited for the album again.

fordmoo

fordmoo Active Member

Sorry I just didnt know where to post...Ill do that from now on

Diablorojo

Diablorojo Well-Known Member

seems like In Between is going to be a track just for hardcore fans.

musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

Not a problem, just letting ya know :)

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

with this quote from the post in the "Got News?" thread:
    In Between sounds like an amazing track. I love the violin and cello in a "rock" song. to me, it sounds like it very well could be "bad" because mike sang it, but the real fans will enjoy it.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Yay! This is great news! I'm really happy with the length of the album & the tracks (especially 'Wake').

But I don't understand all this b*tching with the song 'In between'? It had just one bad review thats all & the way the band has described it sounds like it'll be terrific. I can't wait!

Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

I posted this in the got news section, but it seems that it should go here:

"Translated by Hahninator

# Wake 1:40
    # Given Up 3:10
    # Leave Out All The Rest 3:18
    # Bleed It Out 2:54
    # Shadow Of The Day 4:50
    # What I' ve Done 3:25
    # Hands Held High 3:53
    # No More Sorrow 3:38
    # Valentine' S Day 3:15
    # In Between 3:14
    # In Pieces 3:37
    # The Little Things Give You Away 6:23

Wake: is a track that required almost no work from Rick Rubin...the band did it all together, which is something they've never done before (I guess they meant they all sat down and wrote it at the same time, which is something LP never does).

Given Up: had several demo titles 'What the f**k is wrong with me', 'Given Up' and 'Wake'. Wake is the first word you hear in this track. Chester didn't want to name it Wake though.

Leave Out All the Rest: Mike wrote the melody, it has nice arrangements (probably violins, etc), is very poppish and Chester says the fans will love this song

Bleed It Out: weird info on this one: Rob said that since this is such a heavy song, Rick had an idea to play it in the studio and have members of LPs staff and entourage (makeup folks, photographers and security/bodyguards) come into the studio and then record all of them rocking out to the song. LOL I wonder if this is in LPTV Rob said they did this at the very end of recording and was a great celebration of their 'accomplished work'. Chester says the song has a 'punk side Rock N Roll' while also having a 'f**k attitude'.

Shadow of the Day: Chester says it's just like a normal Linkin Park song (intro, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, chorus) with Mike rapping and Chester doing the verses. He says it has the exact same structure as the old Linkin Park songs but the way "in which we presented it is very different"

What I've Done: Rob says Joe created the first demo of the song and Mike and Chester developed the concept of the lyrics (isn't that what they always do? ). It is the last song they wrote and recorded. They had finished the entire CD at Rick's studio in Laurel Canyon but they felt that they were missing a critical piece of the album. So then they returned to NRG Studios (Where Meteora/Hybrid Theory were recorded) and very easily created this song and finished it within two days.

Hands Held High: Rob says it's a very soft song. I can't really tell what Rob is saying, "Before Mike does not pose above, we had soft and mélodieuses lines of song at the head. Rick on the contrary suggested leaving on something diametrically opposite to the instru. He thus asked him rapper above all length and the result is excellent! " I have no idea what that means

No More Sorrow: Chester says the guitar is very heavy. There is a unique sample on this track. The ventilation system in the studio broke for a while, so Chester decided to take his lighter and light it up inside, producing weird sounds with the metal blades. Mike thought it was really cool, so he recorded them with an amp and the samples found their way throughout the entire song.

Valentines Day: Chester says this song is far from being a "merry" song. People who have lost someone in their lives will recognize themselves in the lyrics. The words express how small things in your life later have importance.

In Between: Chester says Mike composed a piece of this song on violin and cello at the beginning of the writing sessions. Chester knew he could sing the song well and have a good result, but then they all decided to let Mike sing it. In the end of the song Chester helps with one of the harmonies. Rick wanted them to try something along the lines of Simon and Garfunkel or Lennon and McCartney. They worked hard to make sure the song didn't sound to poppish, and the final result is what you'll see on the album.

In Pieces: This is one of the very first songs they wrote. It's one of Chester's favorite songs they've ever written. He thinks it's evil to think that it was written by the same people that wrote Hybrid Theory (lol?). He says it's an achievement of what they want to do and where they want to go in the future.

The Little Things Give You Away: Rob says it's one of their favorite songs on the CD (of course). It's very different from what they have done in the past. Rob composed part of the chords and composed the piano parts, then trusted Mike to write the acoustic guitar pieces before passing it on to the rest of the band to finish. "

Source: LPTimes

raiyu

raiyu Active Member

no more sorrow sounds like it'll be interesting with that sample

not too keen on the idea of valentine's day, but the rest sound like they'll be good ... especially mike's song

LinkinParkHotspur

LinkinParkHotspur Well-Known Member

Leak of 'In Pieces'? I think not but who knows.

Ok, this isn't really bothering me a lot but I just want to see if anyone can confirm that this is fake or real. As you all probably know, there have been fake torrents posted up online for Minutes to Midnight before What I've Done was even released. The first torrent was simply a compilation of Grey Daze, Tribal-Ink, and X-prophet songs. After the official track names were released, new torrents came out and blah blah you know the story. Same thing. They were all still fake. There was also a fake version of Valentine's Day posted on youtube which the poster admitted was fake in the end. We all know that the band is extremely good with keeping these songs from getting leaked. People that were given a preview of the album weren't even allowed to leave to go to the bathroom. It's obvious there is heavy security. Ok, to get to the point though. Someone recently posted a pre-production track of In Pieces which I listened to yesterday. Some people are saying that the song fits the description given by Kudos. The link is right here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO5T_TOl5XU . It does sound beautiful but there is no confirmation on it. Can anyone from the LPA confirm that this is fake or real? None of the people who have commented on the song have been able to confirm anything about it. Some people are saying that it fits the description and is probably real and others don't think so. I personally think it's a fake based on the kind of security which I listed above and other things. Anyway, just wondering. It has no vocals so yea...go figure..but who knows. It is pre-production supposedly. I know it's just all speculation so far but interesting anyway.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

It's fake.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

i think an [obscure] fansite at "minutes2midnight.com" sort of ripped off your news post on this at the start of this thread. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
    Jacen

Jacen Well-Known Member

You said that so casually :lol:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

like ... what? :confused:

marijaLPnarkos

marijaLPnarkos Well-Known Member

I used to be primarily into quality, not quantity...but I realized it just can't be a complete satisfaction with average 3,5 mins per song, you just can't compress everything in that. Good for them the record lasts longer.. and hope they'll keep it up and the next one will be longer than this one, etc..

One question: why's everybody so suspicious about Mike's lead vocal?!?!

Nothin*2*lose

Nothin*2*lose Well-Known Member

Ummmm...45 mins is grand.

thefaceinside

thefaceinside Member

i like long songs...but im still very nervous about the supposed "changes" in this album...i won't have a real opinion till i hear it.

Nosferatu

Nosferatu Well-Known Member

sounds promising :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.