Kudos Magazine Reviews "Minutes to Midnight"

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    steve12

steve12 Well-Known Member

Dude you can't expect everyone to agree on that, cause it's your opinion, I respect your views on those songs as much as I respect this guys reviews on the M2M songs. I cant really agree or disagree with this guy cause I havent actually heard the rest of the album, so we cant make judgement on his opinion.

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd answer this point also. I was speaking to myself... it's my opinion and I thought I'd express it. But what I put was also factual evidence as I have read a lot of posts where LP fans rate first singles by LP on each individual album as not the best compared to the rest on that certain album.

chaosblade

chaosblade Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about derek's post. I thought Evanescence took a dive with their latest offering, But the reverse about MCR (I really disliked their previous album).

We should all grow some patience and listen to the entire album, preferably more than once, and then judge.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

It didn't even seem like they noticed Mike was singing.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I know you were, but it was as if you were speaking for everyone else at the same time when in fact it wasn't representative of the popular opinion.

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

Yeah, I see what you mean and I did somewhat come across that way, when I did not intend to. Anyway, I'll try an be clearer next time.

Moving on.

Casper15

Casper15 Member

He mentions a lot of "poppy" and "ballad". I think thats great ^_^
    I really like slower, emotional ballad songs, like Breaking the Habit ( that is not a REAL ballad however). So I'm pretty content with this review :)

LPdiscovery02

LPdiscovery02 Well-Known Member

this reviewer writes like he is 12 and is so stupid he says that at song 10 the album starts to die down and then gives the next two songs a combined 9/10

The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

5/5 for WID? Personally, I think that that that song deserved about 2/5. That alone is probably, in my opinion, enough reason to not listen to anything that this review has to say. Still, though, I cant help but lose of my exitement over MTM. Slow ballad songs are really not what I was expecting, nor what I wanted. Some slow songs are good, heck some are amazing, but right now im enjoying faster, louder songs more then slow ballad's. I guess we'll just have to see.

EazyLee

EazyLee Well-Known Member

For the first track, this is just my theory, could it be the intro they played in their live concert in 2006, Russia?

flux

flux Active Member

if you guys don't give a damn what reviewers have to say, then why do you even read this?
    actually there is always something true in those reviews and as far as things go he could be right. what Ive done is the single and singles mostly should be one of the best songs off the album and represent it. and it seems like the whole album is similar to what Ive done.. slow, ballad-style whcich really leaves a lot of LPstyle out..

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Actualy, excluding Cure For The Itch, One Step Closer was probably the weakest track on HT and yet it still became their debut single.

Linkin_way

Linkin_way LPA VIP LPA VIP

all what I'm reading is "soft".what's going on? Did LP turn themselves into a slow classic rock/punk band? If this is true we're gonna miss songs like "hit the floor" and "papercut," which were in the classic heavy Linkin Park style, according to this review.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
    Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

where have you been?

GigaScythe

GigaScythe Well-Known Member

Please direct me to your rock, sounds like a good place for a vacation.

Would've been a better joke had Sanders not already made it.

Linkin_way

Linkin_way LPA VIP LPA VIP

No, no...I knew that they totally changed their style, but i didn't think most of their songs we're going to be SOFT according to this review!

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

What about *insert name of song which ive forgotten* , the band actually described it as being basically heavy metal, which I don't think they're done with anything they're written before.
    :cloud:

linkinparkman

linkinparkman New Member

I have great faith in Mike after hearing him sing part of P5HNG ME A*WY in Live in Texas and left me wanting more. The 1/5 for "In between" has to be a joke or their just not used to hearing him sing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.