Given Up Clip Surfaces

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Ant

Ant Ambient

If you're referring to my post (I guess you are since I'm the only one who addressed either one of those aspects, let alone both), I think it sounds like shit. Those were some of the reasons why, since I thought one of the forum rules was not needlessly bashing something with no reason.

It sounds mundane.

But if you like it, more power to you :) Maybe I'll change my mind when I hear the full thing.

KIRA

KIRA Member

This clip sounds great so far! I love the heavy style of this song. :angry:

Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

I think its the bridge to "Wake".

And calm down, its only 30 seconds of the 3 minutes and 10 seconds for the song.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

That sounds fucking awesome.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Finally I'm home from work and I just now listened to the clip. I am laughing so much because of how much I love what I heard. :lol: As of right now I could care less about the angsty lyrics. This shit is hot and aggressive. YEAH! \m/

Scarlet

Scarlet Well-Known Member

O M G !!! The ending of the clip just made me like exrtremely happy! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Hmm as for the rest, yeah sounds really different from anything they've ever done and I probably wont ever like their new sound as much as their Hybrid Theory/Meteora days. I mean I love this new sound... a lot! But not ever as much as the old. I think the song sounds awesome tho. I can't wait to hear the hole thing.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The first couple seconds is Mike's voice, this was ripped from a radio broadcast so there's a tiny bit of talking at the beginning of the clip.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Holy crap. I'm really diggin' about the last 7 seconds of the clip, total wow.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

The instrumental is so punk. :lol:

qwerty

qwerty Member

Hey, anyone figure out that bass riff towards the end? It sounds so cool!:lol:

edit: never mind, the more I listen to it, it sounds like a guitar.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
    Jakks

Jakks Point 0

Love Chesters scream towards the end of the clip, cant wait to hear the full version

LinkinParkHotspur

LinkinParkHotspur Well-Known Member

Somewhere in between

I'm probably feeling somewhere in between about this song. I don't think it just flat out sucks like shit but I also don't think "omg best Linkin Park song ever. This is better than What I've Done and I have a feeling this means that What I've Done will be one of the weaker tracks!" From what I've heard, it probably ranks around Hit the Floor for me or a bit better perhaps. It definatly has potential and sounds fairly good so far. I definatly won't pass my final judgement until I hear the full version but so far, it's good enough I think. However, this song could easily become crap so I'm praying it doesn't. There were two tracks that I was worried about when I heard the descriptions for the album. No More Sorrow was one and Given Up was the other. I guess it's a relief that it's not as bad as I thought...at least so far. It's not among the best and it's not among the worst. Based on comments that I've read from over 20 different sites probably, it seems that I'm the only one that thought that What I've Done was probably one of Linkin Park's top 5 singles. I'm ok with that though because I'm used to seeing most fans feel differently about Linkin Park than I do. I'm probably one of the only people that thought Qwerty just flat out sucked and was their worst song. As for Given Up though, it's just not close to What I've Done. To me, What I've Done is just more representative of what Linkin Park is. It's simply better. I'm not worried at all about the album though based on what Mike said. No More Sorrow is my real concern. Given Up isn't as heavy as Qwerty for me but I don't know about No More Sorrow. Given Up is a hell of a lot better than Qwerty though so I'm fine. Like I said though, it could easily become another Qwerty for me so I'll wait to see. I remember though when I thought Qwerty was awesome when I heard the first previews and then the overall song ended up sucking. As long as I can hear mostly everything that Chester is saying and I don't have to look up the lyrics to know what he's saying, then I'm fine. I haven't had to do that for this song like I did for Qwerty...at least so far. If the song stays under control and doesn't become way too fast, then great. However, the moment that this song gets too fast and sounds like "YOUR FAKING YOUR MISTAKEN BLAH BLKADJF;LKASDJF;LASDFJSADLJFADSfdasd," will be the moment that the song becomes shit. That kind of screaming simply isn't Linkin Park and there is no one that is going to convince me that it is. I'm perfectly ok with knowing that 90% (maybe an exagerration) of Linkin Park fans disagree strongly with that. I could list another 1000 reasons why I didn't think Qwerty was good. Anyway, the whole point is that Given Up is better and it is decent enough so far but simply not as good as What I've Done. Given Up sounds like it won't be too heavy which is fine. Songs like Hit the Floor, One Step Closer, Lying From You, etc were still songs I enjoyed. Although I like the beautiful and melodic songs of Linkin Park (ballads mostly) better, I can definatly enjoy the songs like Faint as long as they keep everything to a limit. Hopefully, Given Up won't go over that limit like Qwerty did. If What I've Done is a 5/5, then I agree that this is a 3/5. Saying that it is better than What I've Done or that it is their best track though would simply be disrespectful to the band, at least to me. It would also display great ignorance about their other music. It's a decent song so far and I hope it stays that way. I can't wait to hear the rest of the songs on this album though. It's exciting.

Nosferatu

Nosferatu Well-Known Member

is it me or does it have "The Offspring" type sound to it?

It's just "okay" for me. It's starting to grow on me tho.:p

Tomozaurus

Tomozaurus Well-Known Member

This is NOT the heaviest song on the album. They have said in an interview that "No More Sorrow" is the heaviest song on the album.
    Awesome clip by the way. I was already more excited about this track than any other, and now I still am.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

pa-pa-paragraphs...

Chip

Chip Well-Known Member

I think its a bit too Screamo, or punkish, for my ears. Im mostly a fan of good vocals, and awesome guitars in the back. LP has kept that up all the way, and thats why I like 99% of their songs in their previous albums.
    Brad's guitar sounded sweet in this clip, but Chester screaming and the lyrics... iono =\

xEuphoric_Silencex

xEuphoric_Silencex Member

you mean the first few seconds might be the end of Wake? ...thats interesting. it cuts in extremely fast, if so...a cool idea.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

holy fucking shit, that summarizes that clip doesn't it?

maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

wow..then i'll be very interested to hear "No More Sorrow" if its heavier than "Given Up"..i think "Given Up" is heavy as shit, but it'd be funny if this is a weak track compared to "No More Sorrow", lol.

20. Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

well now if that happened my ears would not be bale to take the sheer pleasure of such a sound from linkin park

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.