Preview Clips Are Out!

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Lpsoldier88

Lpsoldier88 Member

The clips were great, they made my day, and I didnt expect some of the tracks from them, but it's something new...and it's great.

Joeykat

Joeykat Forever watching...

They are all good. 'Bleed It Out' caught me off guard though :p

Existenz

Existenz New Member

Mikes best effort in my opinion and will always be "Kenji" on the debut Fort Minor album, that track is so moving, "Hands Held High" from the clip does sound amazing but it seems forced like he had to rap like that to hold up the theme of the album... Overall i love the sound, loving the ska overtones in "In Pieces" and almost ghostly melodies in "Leave Out All The Rest", should be a good album but alot of these songs are 3-4 minutes in length, 30 seconds of each song leaves alot of time in each song for them to mess it all up.

EagleMorph

EagleMorph Well-Known Member

It is extremely difficult to rate the songs based off of 30 second clips, but so far it sounds fantastic.

Weaker songs seem to be Valentine's Day, In Between, and Shadow of the Day.

The combination of Hands Held High and No More Sorrow is fantastic. I'm intrigued by The Little Things Give You Away, and three opening song combination - Wake, Given Up, Leave Out All The Rest - is very strong.

But I want to hear more. I want to hear how the flow of the songs works together.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The songs all sound GOOD to me from what I can tell, but here's what I'm worried about...

Wake is the intro
    No More Sorrow/Given Up are both heavy songs
    What I've Done is the big first single
    In Between has Mike singing
    Bleed it Out/Hands Held High have Mike rapping
    The Little Things Give You Away has the guitar solo and is really long
    In Pieces has a kind of a ska vibe to it

My biggest worry is that the 3 ballads sung by Chester (Valentine's Day, Leave Out All the Rest, and Shadow of the Day), while all sounding like good songs...they're kinda samey, there isn't really any big differentiating factor that each one has that the other 2 don't. When multiple songs on an album are really similar, that's when stuff starts feeling like filler to me, regardless of how good it is. So I just worry that I'll end up liking one of those 3 songs and kind of forgetting about the other 2.

Figure.0009

Figure.0009 New Member

There are so many beautifull songs ^_^

But why sounds Bleed it out like In The End

I mean the songteksts

Last edited: May 3, 2007
    goodbyetonight

goodbyetonight Well-Known Member

Sweet. Jesus. Of. Nazareth.

Given Up, Leave Out All The Rest, Bleed It Out, Valentine's Day, In Between, and In Pieces sounds nothing short of legendary.

shockwave

shockwave Well-Known Member

these clips sound awesome...i just cant wait...im loving this sound
    this album is incredibly diverse sounding...lp havnt disappointed in my opinion =)

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

THIS IS AWESOME! i love leave out all the rest

Rube Ranter

Rube Ranter Active Member

They aren't dead. That sound is still very much in all of their songs, it's just been tweaked to the point where it's on opposite ends of what they used to be.

The album sounds complete, and that is something LP lacked before. They have a very heavy punk rock sound, mixed together with rap and some softer, slower music but still carries over that powerful feeling in their heavier stuff. I'm disappointed though there aren't 2-3 more tracks like No More Sorrow and Given Up.

I am not liking the vibe I'm getting from In Pieces and Valentines Day. I'm also not impressed with In Between. Maybe the full versions will rub me in a better way. I am definitely liking The Little Things GIve you Away right now, Leave Out All The Rest and Shadow of the Day as well. I think this is definitely a nice change of pace.

I don't know what I was expecting, this is definitely different and will take getting used to, but it's a bit more different then I anticipated. I will leave until judgement until the album drops. Until then, we can just speculate unless more stuff gets leaked.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

yeah its on the soft side, i cant really tell what chester is singing in The Little Things Give You Away, but it sounds nice. I like it. But it is indeed very differnt.

Majorfort

Majorfort Active Member

All of the tracks sounds great! A new fresh direction!;)
    In Pieces has a funny instrumental :lol:

Scarlet

Scarlet Well-Known Member

Though I'm deciding NOT to listen to any more clips (I can handle the temptations! lol) I think I can say I'm agreeing with you by the 3 songs I've heard. And it's sad they've changed so much.. being honest I can say I'm never going to like this new sound as much as the old... NEVER. But I like it... it's just not as exciting to me. I'm not even excited for the new album... just curious.

haha and who ever wrote LP 2000-2006 is dead, get over it made me laugh. I don't wanna get over it. =P

YKA

YKA Well-Known Member

Most of the songs sound cool, however there are some that I may not like (which will make it the first LP CD where I do not like 1-2 tracks).

I didn't like: leave out all the rest and shadow of the day (i'm not really sure about this one here). But the rest are really cool, I wonder what the bonus tracks sound like, do you think that they are more qwerty-like?

But i have to say that you hardly can find bands who REALLY change their style, and still be good after doing so (e.g. silverchair have fucked up their own music) - but lp did a great job!

Last edited: May 3, 2007
    Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I don't know about In Between now... it has the sound that I could be disappointed in, but I guess we'll have to wait until the chorus. Unless that was the chorus...

Phat Andy

Phat Andy Member

Sounds to soft to me but I guess well have to wait and see...

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Bleed it Out sounds absolutely nothing like In the End.

"/Shawn08\"

"/Shawn08\" Well-Known Member

all these tracks have me intrigued, but Leave Out All the Rest, Hands Held High, In Between, and The Little Things Give You Away really caught my attention.

hybridx

hybridx Well-Known Member

wake - 5 (Awesome clip)
    given up - 4.5
    leave out all the rest - 5 (Best clip I like from this album)
    bleed it out - 5 (Love the guitars..... Mike raps on it!
    shadow of the day - 5 (Song will get better trust me, we heard 30 secs out of 4:50?)
    what i've done - 4.5 (Heard it already)
    hands held high - 5 (Sounds like Kenji, Love it!)
    no more sorrow - 5 (Better than given up, love the drums and guitar riff)
    valentine's day - 5 (Sounds awesome especially the end of the clip)
    in between - 5( Mike sings!)
    in pieces - 5 (Sounds very different from linkin park's style of music)
    the little things give you away - 5 (Sounds amazing, especially the end..... this song will be epic)

This album imo.. will blow ht and meteora to little grains of dust..... :) CANT WAIT!!!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Can you people please type a little better? I just had to edit 5-6 posts bcuz dey wer typd lik dis n were hard 2 read. I know you guys can type properly, because you spell big words just fine so I think it's kind of lazyness rather than bad english.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.