Preview Clips Are Out!

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeneathYourSkin

BeneathYourSkin Well-Known Member

I couldn't have said it better myself. Of course, there's always that little piece in my heart for the old LP.

2. 666Liam666

666Liam666 Active Member

in response to the lpmb posts, when they say bring back don gilmore it makes me think what would linkin park have come up with if they still had don gilmore producing them and they didn't heavily change their musical direction?

kinda interesting

3. mikhailpreda

mikhailpreda Active Member

I listened again, and I just cannot stand the U2 stained "The little things give you away" but other than that I guess its growing on me.But sadly the old LP is dead, along with that "Depeche Mode of the 2000's" appeal

4. ragingxchaoz

ragingxchaoz Active Member

"In Pieces" sounds like Chester's part in Rock and Roll (Could Never Hip Hop Like This)

"Leave Out All The Rest" is my favorite song so far.
    I kinda wanna know the rest of "Bleed It Out"
    hmmm... now I'd wonder if "What I've Done"'s position will stand still for the next few weeks...

5. User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

I used to post at the LPMB. In all honesty, you can't expect a whole lot of intelligence to come from that place.

6. lp_supastar

lp_supastar Member

I just listened to it and i think it is perfect. I was a tad worried that joe would be left out but he is in more songs than i though which is great. I like this new direction from LP - i was getting a bit sick of them writing about similar things all the time and im glad this album has revived them for me. They have tried new things - by the looks of it, even writing about love - and i is beautiful. Everything is there - mike raps, mike sings, chester sings, chester screams and everyone else does their part but only better than before.

7. underground1

underground1 Well-Known Member

I might be having second thoughts on Rick Rubin now. I'll still buy this cd of course, but I think LP should consider bringing Don Gilmore back for the next one.

8. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I'm tired of all of LPMB's negativity! This is good stuff, respect it.

9. MrT

MrT Member

I agree ….Linkin Park are going to be upset after reading all that crap on the board

10. Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

Whoa hey, I didn't even notice that, good call. The drum beats are almost identical. Plus, "The sky opens wide..." and "You promised me the sky", are eerily sung in a similar way.

Well, it seems like MtM is going to polarize the LP fanbase. I'm going to miss their old stuff, and am probably going to favor it over the new material, but I'll still try to accept this new direction, mainly out of loyalty to the band.

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  11. lpcrawling

lpcrawling Active Member

yeah for sure. you know mike is gonna see all the negativity. It's interesting to see alot of the fans are ripping LP and the critics are praising them.

12. dancingjesus

dancingjesus Member

I myself haven't listened to the previews yet and I'm waiting for the album to drop but you my friend need to respect another person's opinion. I'm loving the automatic shutdown of a person who disagrees with the album's direction on this board. If they don't like it , it's automatically wrong. Please people this a forum; meant for open discussions.

13. dfhddhf

dfhddhf Active Member

I have absolutely NO restraint I'm already on 15 listens per clip (minus given up and what ive done) anyone with less restraint than me?

14. Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

Yeah, but if they brought him back, they'll run out of ideas of stuff to write. I think a 3rd HT would be, idk, playing on that same sound too much. I think they needed to expand their horizons, so maybe they'll bring in more attention from people who haven't listened to Linkin Park previously. Plus, it IS interesting hearing new stuff, heh.

15. Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

Definitely. Some people just don't understand that around here.

16. KrylonBlue

KrylonBlue New Member

The Linkin Park we once knew is gone, ladies and gentlemen.

This band has gone downhill.

17. Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

I think this album is going to be as divisive as Metallica's Black Album. Most will think it's awesome and it will sell very well but there will also be a large contingent of fans who think they're selling out etc.

18. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Linkin111, your post has been declined twice because IT'SLYKTHISOMG3!@!!!111 and also in all caps. Calm down a little bit, then after you've relaxed, please post a reply with much better grammar. Quite simply put, we are not going to approve a post that's in all caps.

Furthermore, do not submit replies twice. There is a "Post Queue" paragraph under the reply box that you should observe the next time you make a reply.

19. Detri

Detri Well-Known Member

Everyone that's complaining has poor taste in music. That's all I can say.

Sorry if I offend you with that remark.

20. Babak

Babak Well-Known Member

After listening to these clips, my favourite song off the album would be "Leave Out All The Rest". but actually i like the whole album. every song has its own feelings to me. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.