Preview Clips Are Out!

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

I hate to say this because I don't think it's right to say someone's opinion sucks, but I've gotta agree. The songs rock.

2. El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I don't know... I can't really judge from 3o sec clips but there are couple of songs that sound really great and couple that seem really weak. I usually stick to what I think of a song when I first hear it (even with 30 sec slips) but I hope not this time and that I won't be (kinda) disappointed as I am now when I hear the whole thing. :)

3. Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

laziness* ;)
    don't hurt me, i kid, but it's true

As these are clips, I'm not going to listen to them. I'm just going to pretend I never even heard about this...

4. Princs514

Princs514 Member

The reason people are saying that stuff on the LPMB, is because they don't like change. Well guess what: people do change, and the record just shows how much Linkin Park has matured over the years. All the songs sound amazing, and it's not that I'm not going to miss the in your face style of LP, but this stuff is really good.

Either way I see it, no matter whether they did a trilogy of hybrid theory type of music Linkin Park would be getting bagged on as much as they are now. People should say something nice/constructive or not say anything at all. Ok well now that I got that out, I can't wait for the new album!

5. Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

Lol, I wish I did this. I shoulda waited so when I got the album I could be like "oh em gee!!!11one!!eleventyone!!!" :lol:

6. Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

Why? Simply because those people don't share the same taste in music? :ermm:

So basically, everyone in the world who complains/dislikes the music just can't judge good music. Gotcha.

I probably will like a few songs on this album, but I don't think anything will be capture or enthrall me as much as Hybrid Theory and Meteora.

7. mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

best tracks for me are:

Given Up
    Leave Out All the Rest
    Shadow of the Day
    What I've Done (I guess...)
    No More Sorrow
    Valentines Day

at first, I thought In Pieces was a Sublime song. Shadow of the Day kind of...dare I say it...reminded me of an Oasis song. The background of Leave Out All the Rest sounded like some Depeche Mode. Hands Held High was actually disappointing to me. keep in mind, all these previews are only 64kpbs.

8. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Exactly, and the expectations for this album was through the roof. Some people will like it, others won't. That's just how it is. You can't please everyone.

9. El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

What I've Done actually does seem to be one of the better songs on the album.

10. Ant

Ant Ambient

Honestly... I bet they're happy.

They didn't want it to be anything like the old Linkin Park. I'm sure they know they'll have just as many fans one way or another.

11. Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

To be honest, i really dont know if im going to like this album, and it really scares me. Linkin Park's music has helped through alof of stuff in my life, and I don't want them to lose their fire. Of course, I cannot judge from 30 seconds clips, but In nervous about it. I absolutly love What ive Done, Given Up, and Leave out all the rest. I just hope that it turns out great......th hell am i saying, i KNOW it will turn out great. I will support LP, no matter what path they take, and I ALWAYS will. Isnt that what everyone should do? I know I sound hypocritical, but we've got to support this band that we've all learned to love. I know i said that i may not like it, but I cannot wait to hear it turned up on my stereo, blasting my house's foundation to the limits. I probably sound stupid, so just ignore this post i guess.

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  12. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Well I wasn't dissing peoples opinions I was talking more about people saying

1. Linkin Park is Dead
    2. That they will disband

They can like it or not like it, some of the things I dont like very much but I'm not being all "this is completely shit!" having not heard the full songs. I can't see why ANYONE would say stuff like that. People have opinions, and my opinion is the negativity is unneeded.

13. Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Yeah, I've found that usually when I listen to leaks, I'm less motivated to buy the album as soon, but I'll buy it eventually. And horrible quality [note: something good sounding to your ears isn't necessarily good to mine, I've slowly turned into an audiophile...] just makes it worse, or completely destroys my perception of the album. WID for example...

14. Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

Expect some old school LP fans to not bother buying this album, but expect still a large sum of old school LP fans and a wide range of new fans to purchase this album.

I have not heard this album, but I find absolutely nothing wrong with this album being softer. I love soft rock songs. Especially the ones done by Linkin Park. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Quick question, does Chester sing in Hands Held High?

15. Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

Haha, oh well, I know I'm going to buy the album and love it anyway. ^_^

16. Gladiator48

Gladiator48 New Member

There's really two ways to look at this if you ask me. First, let's say LP decided to go with the old sound from the previous two albums. Sort of an "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality. You'd have people on both sides of the fence still. One group would be like "this is classic LP like we're used to hearing and I love it!". Then the other group will complain its "copy and paste" all over again. Obviously the band decided a new direction was needed and expanded their sound. Now we have people who praise it, and then people who wish it was like the older albums and think the new stuff is crap. I guess you can't satisfy everybody... Myself personally, I like what LP has done with the new album judging by what I've already heard, including the 30 second clips that were just put up. I would have liked to see a couple more heavier songs, but like many of you have already said, maybe some of the songs are heavier in the full versions just not in the clips.

17. hybridx

hybridx Well-Known Member

A review for Hands Held high from Kuddos...

The marching drumbeat and simple melody is an ideal backdrop to Shinoda’s poetic rapping and it has certainly developed in the space of two previous albums and his hip-hip focused side project Fort Minor. Again, Chester’s melodic singing comes in later but the central theme of the song does seem to be soldier’s homecoming in the aftermath of war. Maybe it was written to get those arms flailing lighters around at rock festivals. Either way, it’s still an impressive track.

18. lpsquall

lpsquall Member

I don't know what I feel right now honestly. People do change some for worst and some for better. I think LP has changed for the worst. If it ain't broke don't fix it. They had a style that worked. Yes they wanted to change and I don't dislike them for that but I don't think they even know the direction their going in right now.

They hate being labeled by others as rap/rock nu-metal, so lets see how they like being labeled as pop rock. In addition, since they hate the rap/rock nu-metal, they shouldn't play their older songs at concerts because thats what they fall under. So wouldn't that be hypocritical of themselves?

19. misery

misery Well-Known Member

I think it's more or less that they don't want to be labelled as a one trick pony (which they were even after Meteora) rather than them disliking their old music.

As numerous people have stated, you can't please everybody. If they had made a "trilogy" as Chester put it, people would have complained. People are complaining about the change in sound. People want different things.

Haha, what really ticks me off though, is the people who desperately wanted change, and once they got it, are whining about how different it sounds.

Regardless, people shouldn't be judging the whole album on 30 second clips. 30 seconds is like.. 1/6th of a song on average.

Sorry for rambling.

20. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Well-Known Member

One coherent thought that was expressed on the LPMB was the concept that the lyrics will be better, that Don Gilmore helped to water down the flow of Mike's rapping and the emotion behind Chester's verses. Some examples were the progression of "In the End" and the simplicity in "Numb."

From what we've heard from Mike's session in Fort Minor and from the lyrics on this album, the maturity and simplicity is gone. There's still some relatively easy access to the songs, but "Hands Held High" sounds tremendous already.

Goes back to the days of "And One" and "Dedicated"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.