Preview Clips Are Out!

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tical105

tical105 New Member

wow, what crap this is... ive been a LP fan ever since i downloaded their 4 song demo from irc in early 2000, but these clips are so crap, and anyone that thinks otherwise is lying to themselves. I am a fan of a variety of different music, from hiphop to mellow rock, and LP has always been a favorite band of mine. LP lost everything that made them special, the rap/rock mixture, the scratching, the electronics, everything is gone. can you people say that there is honestly anything standing out in ANY of these songs with the exception of one or two? If these songs came out under any moniker other than LP, this CD would hit your trash can in 2 seconds. I understand its easier to lie to yourselves to make you feel better, and youre going to force yourselves to like it by listening to it over and over again, but i guarantee 99% of you wont be playing this album 3 months from now. I can sympathize, this was the only cd i was really looking forward to this year, but its crap, and i dont know how you people can support this is you liked HT/Meteora..this sounds like another band. Guess ill be pulling the 2 or 3 songs i like, adding them to my ipod, and the rest of the album will be hitting the recycle bin

2. SuperSaiyan4Kev

SuperSaiyan4Kev Well-Known Member

oh if anyone didn't know, you can right click on the preview buttons and save them!

3. noturningbacnow

noturningbacnow New Member

it does sounds like that.. a damn shame too.

4. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

They wanted to get away from what made them successful in the first place. They succeeded in that. Whether that makes them lose fans or gain fans is a sacrifice they needed to make.

Oh and just so you know, there are people who do indeed like what they hear and most likely aren't lying to themselves. You just don't happen to like it. It doesn't mean other people won't like it. ;):)

5. androidkaita

androidkaita Well-Known Member

I sorta wish there were more heavier songs, I dont really like how they have a lot of soft songs, but I dont know Ill just have to wait and see

6. mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

yeah I did that awhile ago. I made a little video for all of them. you can watch it here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RkIlo-l28rs

7. Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

I'm forcing myself to only listen to these songs once, so by the time I get the album I have some surprise.

I wish people would stop calling this emo. This is great music and I know everyone has their own tastes but we just need to open our minds to beautiful music. I like everything from Killswitch Engage to Coldplay and Coldplay is as soft as can be, and they're not emo.

8. CloserToCrawling

CloserToCrawling Ambient

Holy....

Good things:
    -Almost every song on this album sounds different from one another, which apparently was a complaint from some fans about the previous two albums.
    -The heavier songs are absolutely amazing. This sound is a great change for Linkin Park, and despite its obvious movement away from the rap-rock, it still keeps the Linkin Park style.
    -Lyrics are still pretty good. It's hard to tell with 30 seconds, but so far so good.

Bad things:
    -What the hell is going on with the alternative rock/poppy songs? I know Chester has said that this album is "poppier", but I didn't think they would take that sharp a turn in that direction. These songs make the album seem as though it covers two distinct genres within itself and too divergent. Personally, I feel like these tracks are the ones I will be skipping over after I have listened to the whole CD.
    -A lack of Mike. He sounded pretty good singing, but I still prefer him as the MC, bringing the hip-hop edge to the band.
    -There's only really 11 full songs. Though this album is longer than the previous albums, it'd be nice to have some more. I'm undecided on this one.

9. tical105

tical105 New Member

Well they sure did a good job of that.. This CD is Coldplay Lite (and a very bad ripoff i may add). They succeeded in making a CD that sounds like 80% of the crap on the radio. Good job guys! I understand they are trying to make a new sound that is fresh, all LP has done is ridden the Coldplay wave and made a CD that sounds similar to everything else out there. Is this a new/fresh sound to you? It sure isnt to me. Sure, they may gain some new fickle radio bopper fans, but the true fans that loved their old work will be gone, and when time comes for a new LP CD to drop, and its not 'cool' to like LP anymore, their new fans and old fans will be gone. Time to throw in the towel guys, LP is over. Kinda wish they had broken up after meteora

10. LPLifeFan

LPLifeFan Well-Known Member

VERY different...I like it.

11. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

The best is yet to come for linkin park, they have only scratched the surface. LP to me is the best band in music today because they create what i believe is the highest point in music. Mike even stated that he hates genres and that they hold back directions in music. I love every type of music thanks to linkin park. Linkin Park are creating something here that no one has done before, its completely original, complete and moving. Thats what music has to be. Its a shame that people say "oh no" Lp is deadzorz, they are not, they are merely taking what they love. They are taking what they love and putting their heart and soul into it, and if one doesn't like it and someone else does - thats o.k. they are merely doing what they love to do and that is making music that they love. They are making music to make music now, and that is something that is very hard to find in the music industry today.

12. LPLifeFan

Greatly said, Sanders. I totally agree.

13. Colonel Sanders

thank you, i really appreciate it.

14. Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

Alright... Review on which track I like the most just from the 30 second clips:

1. Leave Out All The Rest
    2. No More Sorrow
    3. Valentine's Day
    4. Given Up
    5. Shadow Of The Day

Love the clips. New good direction.

15. hovat

hovat Member

Werd son. Linkin Park is the reason why I enjoy rap so much.

16. Colonel Sanders

i love em all!!!!1111!!!!!!

17. LPLifeFan

No problem, man. It's great to know that people realize that this is a good change for music.

I'm really loving "Leave Out All The Rest" and "Hands Held High".

18. Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

I mean, you can't please everyone with the music. Some people are going to be dissapointed. But Tical105, I understand what you are saying, but read Colonel Sanders post, he makes a very good argument as well. Linkin Park's new sound is totally different, and isn't what most of us were expecting but you need to try to expand your horizons with music. From what I've heard Linkin Park have created some beautiful tracks that couldn't be easily duplicated. The sound Linkin Park have made with themselves isn't just something that will only appeal to teenie boppers listening to the radio. Many of Linkin Park's previous fans will stick with them, and will genuinly enjoy the music that they made, not just convince themselves that they like it. ^_^ Okay, I'm done rambling.

19. Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

And do you think they were doing something that hadn't been done when HT came out? And wasn't Meteora basically the same thing as HT. LP came out with HT when rap/rock and nu-metal was dominating the airwaves and Meteora came towards the end of that trend. By this point it is impossible for LP to please anyone. If they changed people would be mad that they changed, if they stayed the same several people like myself would be pissed that they're doing the same old thing that was already getting stale on Meteora.

The real point of this is that it's impossible to please everyone. And it's also impossible to do something that has NEVER been done before. No matter how LP tried to change their style people would have said they were copying (insert band here).

20. hovat

hovat Member

Well, I gave in and listened to all of them except The little things give you away.

I can say that I am most excited to hear Leave out all the rest and hands held high.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.