Preview Clips Are Out!

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

in response to the official message boards on linkinpark.com, im upset about all that..people now hate Rick Rubin.."Linkin Park now sucks"..come on, im a hardcore LP fan to the bone and i will always like them. Im gonna be upset when or if LP loses fans..i really hope this album is number 1 like Meteora and Hybrid Theory too.

2. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

yup it is. in order for music to thrive again it has to back to its roots. Not back a few years, not back a decade - even more than that. Linkin Park will be that band that shapes the direction for new music. Back to a time where music was just beginning to become an essential core for mankind. When it felt so good to just turn on the radio and go "ahhhhh so relaxing". People need to start creating music just to make music. That is where the true heart is. The true soul. no matter what happens to us on earth, this music will last forever. not only should it be a good change for music its a good change for the world and its a good change for the band. People either love or hate change - they need it or don't need it. Linkin Park thought they needed it and yet so does the world and so does music.

3. LPLifeFan

LPLifeFan Well-Known Member

We're totally on the same page here, man.:D

4. Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

Oh oh, me too, me too! :lol:

5. Colonel Sanders

lol

it must be the workout and the grilled cheeze that made me speak up.

6. BeneathYourSkin

BeneathYourSkin Well-Known Member

Both of you guys are making excellent points, to which I must say: Thank someone for understanding how I feel about this new LP and music.

Being a hardcore LP fan, I'll always have a place to at least try out their music, but this sound blows me away. I think lyrically, they've evolved tenfold. Really, it's great work, and really nice ot hear something that can touch me more than the older songs did (only a few then to probably more now).

7. LPLifeFan

:lol: :lol:

How many songs from MTM do you think LP will play in concert?

8. Colonel Sanders

all of em. they should play more underground shows so its more intimate.

9. FMLPFAN4LIFE

FMLPFAN4LIFE Member

I just listen to all the previews of the songs and so far I have to say I love each and everyone of the songs on the album. Here's a list of the songs I really like:

1. Given Up
    2. Bleed It Out
    3. Shadow Of The Day
    4. No More Sorrow
    5. Hands Held High
    6. Valentine's Day
    7. In Between
    8. In Pieces
    9. The Little Things Give You Away

I'm so excited about the new album, I can't wait until May 15th :D!

10. LPLifeFan

That'd be nice. Have you ever been to one of their concerts? I haven't.:(

11. misery

misery Well-Known Member

Because you've heard the whole album... (sarcasm)

I can't believe so many people are making snap judgements after hearing only 30 seconds of each song. How is 30 seconds representative of a whole song? I remember hearing and hating the first Verizon clip of What I've Done, and I think that song is absolutely brilliant after hearing the whole thing.

Give the songs a chance. At least listen to the whole thing, not just 30 seconds of each song, before passing judgement and saying "LP is over."

You're acting like a baby.

12. Colonel Sanders

no i havent
    i want them to come to OTTAWA eh. they always go to TO or MONT. go sens go

13. mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

I finally decided to buy the CD/DVD w/ zeh shirt package. these tracks really sound good.

also, about concerts,:

1. parents wouldn't let me
    2. I'm kinda afraid of me being a 13-year-old in a crowd with what I imagine to be a bunch of 16-year-old stoners. anyone who HAS been to an LP concert, what's the audience like?

and they weren't kidding when they said that their new style was very melodic...its beautiful :)

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  14. Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

Their concerts are great. All there really is, is mosh-pits and singing along, lol.

15. dopout

dopout New Member

Alright, i dont want to be flamed for my opinion, these are only 30 sec clips that could all coincidentally not let be heard the real linkin parkness of this album, but im highly bitter about what im hearing. Yes bands evolve and change, but this is wayyyyyyyy diff than old LP, like half of the songs sound like slow songs. This album seems to be very limited on the heavier or upbeat or energetic music that has Drawn me to LP (Bleed it out, Given Up, No More Sorrow). Bleed it out, definitely sounds like something you could throw in the middle of meteora and it would totally blend in.

I don't expect bands to never change, just seems to be a very dramatic change from the former to the latter which i may more than likely get used to, but it does bother me, this just doesn't feel like the old music LP gave me that i could put on and it literally thrust the hope back into me in some of the darkest times i was dealing with.

16. Nosferatu

Nosferatu Well-Known Member

that opening track is so etheral in sound...and it's about to just go ALL OUT...and the clip cuts :(

You guys should give it a couple plays and close your eyes. Great sound. :)

well we can't jump to conclusion that quickly yet

Just one example of a drastic change I openly accepted...take Papa Roach. I was a fan with Infest (way back when) and every album started sounding different until their very last album (Paramour Sessions)...that took a HUGE TURN in the style (with a few songs like the old albums) and I can openly admit I enjoy every second of their new album.

If LP can do the same with me that Papa Roach did I'll be in business. :D

17. 7even

7even Member

Gah...the cd should come out next tuesday instead of the 15th :ph34r:

18. arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

what the f**k were they thinking, they dont know what are they doing. im very dissapointed...

with their first single XD, there's so much good stuff in this album that is crazy how they picked WID as the lead single, its just crazy

WID its like the worst song on the album, and one of the worst they ever recorded, even In Betweeen is like 100x better

19. Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

Which song do you guys think will be the next single? I think there's a good chance it might be Bleed it Out if they want to get in one of the songs that features rapping and is a bit harder. I also think Leave Out all the Rest will be a single. It sounds like it's going to be a great emotional song. It's already my favorite along with Hands Held High and Leave out all the Rest.

20. Colonel Sanders

i think what ive done is a good track lol. its got a decent vibe to it that makes it good. it has so much energy and just releases it into fantastica with the establishment of the solo and a long note by chester. the nah nah nah gives it a "hey jude" slap in the face that makes it stand out as well.

no more videos. i think Lp made a prevalent statement with WID. or maybe thay should release TLTGYA as a video and just that would be good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.