'Minutes To Midnight' Leaks

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samedirection

samedirection Member

Yeah, I noticed that too. The first two choruses are the same, but the third is a bit softer and different. I think it's cool, though; perhaps it shows that they're willing to show not only their great strengths as a band but also their weaknesses rather than just covering it all up with Protools.

2. Conjure

Conjure Active Member

Hahaha I still haven't listened to it :p Cmon self control..

3. kmac1lp

kmac1lp Member

Ya know, I am actually glad so many narrow minded people don't like this album....makes getting tickets for the tour that much easier!

4. Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

"no more sorrow" i didn't like on that live version we heard earlier... but the real version kicks so much ass!

5. Rachel

Rachel look at my horse. LPA Super Member

I'm not really feeling it.

And its not because its that whole ZOMFGGG ITS NOT HTTTT.

No. HT wouldn't make sense to come out now.

It's just...it seems very bland in comparison to the work we know Chester and Mike can put out. It's a letdown because to wait so long for something that's mediocre by a band that has amazing artists in it.

I'm saving my money and the space on my iPod.

6. B_Jeezy13

B_Jeezy13 Member

NEXT SINGLE "Leave out all the rest"
    Guarantee it!

7. musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

Well everyone that hates/dislikes this album can look forward to Chester's solo album :p

8. Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Seriously, even if it's the fucking intro song, that's irrelevant.

It has the energy and feel I love, and for some reason, I find it missing from the rest of the album.

I find it builds up a certain sound, then it just gets lost in Given Up, which feels completely different. When I first heard Wake, as the first song of the album, I thought something amazing would follow, but then it all was lost. I can't understand how you can have this really upbeat song, Given Up, then the next one's slow paced. Again, building up energy, then throwing it out. Then again from a slow paced song to something upbeat - Bleed It Out. I actually really like this song, must be the guitar or something, but I don't like the clapping much, nor the ending really. Upbeat to slow, again. Trend? Perhaps. Shadow of the Day is a pretty cool song, it has a great feel. I don't understand the ending though, at 4:20, as it feels completely different. Trend again, but the transition's kinda doesn't make sense. What I've Done is rather energetic, probably making it my favourite after Wake. Hands Held High is an interesting song. I don't pay attention to lyrics much, although, the "amen"s in the background kind are weird, but it fits. The intro in No More Sorrow seriously reminds me a LOT of Green Day, but I love it anyways. Full of energy, but not the same felt in Wake, unfortunately. Both Chester and Mike sound like girls in Valentine's Day, enough said. It's a chill song; likeable. Mike has a great voice in In Between, really soft and just fits. In Pieces has a pretty cool feel, but the solo is so not a solo. Triplets are completely amateur [imo], and I really don't see much talent out of this. Congratulations, Brad, you've showed us you know your scales and you can play them in triplets fast. After four years, I would be expecting way more out of you, not something your average teenager can do. I'm sure there's something else that could be more suitable to the song than your triplets. I love the guitar in The Little Things Give You Away; acoustic sounds lovely for it. I like how the snare helps build up the guitar solo. But throughout the song, the cymbals feel sketchy. Overall, I hardly see an improvement in Dave's playing. He still has the same old one-noters through chords. Where the fuck is Hahn?!

Last edited: May 5, 2007
  9. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Well-Known Member

He's there, and he'll be even more obvious live.

There's a lot of programming and effects used throughout the songs. It's just more subtle. It's not the distinct scratching that all of the LP fans are used to.

But there's a good bit of electronica/techno stuff involved that won't be played live by anyone but Mr. Hahn.

10. musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

Has anyone else noticed the amazing drum work on TLTGYA? I just did. It's fantastic.

11. Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

i think they're singing "amen"

12. Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Am I the only one who LOVES Valentine's Day? It would make an awesome second single.

13. Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

I'm not going to listen to it. Still, after reading what people like Will, etc have said about it, I'm a LITTLE worried, but whatever, I'll still buy it.

14. LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

No, you're not. It's my favorite song in the album. I love how Chester's voice sort of cracks (or whatever you call it) in the beginning. It makes it sound all the more real.

15. BeneathYourSkin

BeneathYourSkin Well-Known Member

I love Valentine's Day too, not my favorite, but a really really good track.

16. Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

Shadow of The Day roxx my soxx! Its a dreamy atmosphere to listen to. Enjoyable for your ears; but that's only my review from the 30 second clip. And I have a feeling that overall, the album is better than Meteora but again I make a crappy judgement without even listening to the rest of the stuff. There are songs on Meteora that I love and hate; its a mixed reaction for the album but I think I can enjoy the whole album. Eh.

17. Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Oh, I hear him, it's just that he's like hiding in a corner, unlike before where he was dancing around.
    Oops, that's what I meant to type. You saw nothing!

18. DarthPeanut

DarthPeanut Well-Known Member

I've seen enough posts to say, I am ignoring others views of it until I get the album into my hands.

19. linkinparkrokr

linkinparkrokr New Member

those of us who have heard it..
    who wants to write the lyrics?

never mind found them...

20. mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

my favorite tracks from the previews are Shadow of the Day, Leave Out All the Rest, and Valentine's day. I downloaded these leaks and just skipped around given up and shadow of the day to make sure its the real thing. I really wanna fight my urges to listen to full versions of SotD and Valentine's Day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.