Great Album

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Ever Ending Story, May 5, 2007.

Ever Ending Story

Ever Ending Story Member

Everywhere I go, everyone seems to be complaining about Minutes to Midnight. Besides for a few songs, most people I've talked to on different forums seem to hate this album. But I love it. While I would have liked some more heavier songs, I don't care if there are lots of softer songs, I don't see anything wrong with it. It is my favorite album of theirs, and it is because of this album that Linkin Park is one of my favorite bands again. It is more diverse than their other stuff, it has(in my mind) better lyrics, and better instrumentals, and chester sings better, and mike is rapping better. I just want to know If I'm the only person who thinks this is a really great album.

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

no man i agree, i loved Hybrid Theory don't get me wrong, but like someone else said, most of their songs sounded alike thats why people if they like ussualy 2 or 3 songs, they liked the whole album. thats why i would get bored of it so fast, and with MtM i am not bored of it, i love how diverse it is, and i am Glad they are changing, plus its not up to the Fans to say whether they should change or not..remember..its THEIR MUSIC.

Ever Ending Story

Ever Ending Story Member

Yeah, I hear alot of people saying that this isn't Linkin Park anymore, because its so different, but I'm glad its different. And this is Linkin Park. Even if they did change alot, they will always be Linkin Park, if for no other reason than the fact that it was Linkin Park who made it.

BeneathYourSkin

BeneathYourSkin Well-Known Member

QFT

Really, who are we to say what is and isn't Linkin Park? Linin Park says who Linkin Park is, and that's that. We either choose to love it or choose to not. Of course, LP does love their fans, so there will be some impact I'm sure, but in the end (no pun) it's up to them to figure out who they are, not us.

LD50

LD50 Well-Known Member

I haven't gotten through the whole thing yet, but while it's way softer than I'm accustomed to these days, I like it a lot.

It could just be that finally hearing new LP material is refreshing, I'll withhold my final judgment until I'm finished listening, though.

Chip

Chip Well-Known Member

I loved the album on first listen. You are SO not the only one who loves the album. Truely, HT and M were good in their own way. This is GREAT the way it is. Theres a good variety of songs and strong lyrics are present in each one. Sure its not as hard as HT, but it has its own hard side. TBH, I love the way it flows after "What Ive Done". Who knows, maybe I will like "In Between" after a few more listens.

I have thought that maybe Rick Rubin was trying to be like Timbaland and maybe land LP on the radio Top 40s. Just a thought. :ermm:

Nick

i already do, i hated it but now that i listened to it when im in a sad mood, it sounds really great, BTW im not sad anymore so im on like Given up lol

XVZ

XVZ Banned

Well, i haven't heard any song of MTM, i have only heard what i've done, i will not listen any song of MTM till i have bought the album. If you are a true and one of the biggest LP fan, you will also wait till the album is out ;)

Conjure

Conjure Active Member

It's weird. At first I loved it.. But still preferred HT and Meteora.. Now I'm thinking this is my favourite album.. It's just awesome.

pugofdoom

pugofdoom Well-Known Member

You know, some of these people are just being morons. I love MtM, and I don't know Why people can't accept that they changed.

imwhoim01

imwhoim01 Active Member

Some people just don't want LP to change, but I don't mind that they've changed. Those "softer" songs are incredible, and I think it only shows the quality and diversity of the band. Way to go LP!!! ;)

Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

thank you! people are finally seeing the truthyness of music!

wayzamTCS

wayzamTCS Member

dont get me wrong. i'm perfectly open to bands changeing. i listen to a lot of bands that have changed over the years. however i have a hard time believing that you guys love this album. its bad. are you sure you dont just 'LOVE' it because its linkin park??

xvz - you need to listen to it befor you buy it. i think theres a huge possibility it will dissapoint like it has me and many other people.

i'm not a moron for "not being able to accept change." i listen to so much music. rock, grunge, alt rock, emo, screamo, metal, thrash, death metal, punk, hardcore punk, post-punk, post-hardcore, classic rock, even a little pop. you cant give ME crap for not being diverse and open to change. this is a bad change for this band. when it finally hits you guys you'll see what im saying.

Nick

you can only say it is a bad change for yourself, others including Myself like the change and i am still listening to the album, of course im going to buy it, because i don't listen to music for catchy chrouses or awesome guitar riffs, yeah thats all part of what becomes the big picture of a song, but the feeling you get when you hear a song, right now im getting positive feeling from this album, that is why I LIKE THE CHANGE

Deewy

Deewy Well-Known Member

I already love this album more than all the previous albums.
    The songs have this depth in them that I can't resist.

pugofdoom

pugofdoom Well-Known Member

Are you sure you don't just hate it because it's Linkin Park? If you really like all those different kinds of music, then I see no reason for you to dislike this album.

Ever Ending Story

Ever Ending Story Member

No, it isn't a bad album. YOU think it is a bad album, and OTHERS, think it is a good album. I don't have a problem if you don't like it. I can't expect everyone to like them same things I do, and I respect your opinion, but that is all it is, YOUR OPINION. Don't talk like you know what is good and what isn't, because it isn't up to you to say, it is everyone's opinion. It isn't about it universally being just good or bad. Some people like it, others don't, and you just happen to be one of the people that don't.

the11thdoctor

the11thdoctor Resident Time Lord

Same here.

And the more I listen to it, the more I think it carries on the "Hybrid" theme of LP... not because the songs themselves are mixtures of different styles (like HT & M), but because the album is... there are so many different sounds/styles on this album it's crazy - and awesome.

Cuidado314

Cuidado314 Well-Known Member

Over on the LP messageboards, everyone hates it... which I find wierd, because it's an LP forum. If they hate it, why are they there? I know opinions get expressed, but come on... if they don't like the album, they don't need to drag it out, just cuz they don't like it... and then defend themselves like they know everything about what Linkin Park should sound like. They wanted to change their sound because Linkin Park is about change and diversity... If it doesn't work to the expectations they think they'll get, they'll try something new on the next album... They said from the beginning that this album is dramically different... some fans would leave, and others would come... it was a change that had to be made, otherwise it would become boring... And I don't see how M2M is like all the other bands out there... I just don't see it. They're geniouses... musical geniouses... who knows... if this album flops, it might be less than 2 years before we get another new one... So you "diehard fans that have been let down," since you don't like this album, suck it up and wait a little longer for the next one. Or don't. It's your choice.

lpjordy

lpjordy Well-Known Member

Speaking of die hard fans, being one myself, it took a few listens of What I've Done to like it. I really didn't like it at first and was disappointed because I thought the LP I've loved for the past six years had gone away. Now I love What I've Done and any disappointment I had was broken last night when I saw them live for the first time. Even if their music has matured, they're still LP.