Spider-man 3

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Seinfeld, May 3, 2007.

abajaj2280

abajaj2280 Well-Known Member

i might see it today.

*crosses fingers*

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Personally, I feel that the team up between Harry and Peter was completely unnecessary like Louis said and They should have given Venom more of an upper hand on his own against Spiderman, rather than with the help of Sandman.

dragon ninja

dragon ninja Well-Known Member

I didn't really like how Venom disappeared for long periods of time - I thought he should have kicked alot more ass, but on the contrary I loved how Harry came to join the fight, as predictable as it was.

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

Actually...for some reason...the fight scene when harry joined reminded me of FFAC...:lol:

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I haven't seen it, but no fight could be as good as FF7:AC...:D

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Just got back from the movie. Wow. I am...to be honest..disappointed.

First off, the musical score used in this movie was very underwhelming, Christopher Young made a good effort, but if Danny Elfman took over full-time, it would've made the movie much more powerful.

Secondly, the cheese was way out of control, and was not as tolerable this time around as opposed to Spidey 1, and 2's. The whole 'emo-Parker' fiasco was lame. They seriously could have delivered the same message without the bangs-in-front-ofTobey's face look. Also, don't even get me started on the giant lettering on the webbing. Furthermore, the dialogue could have been much better.

So how was Venom handled? His appearance was great, despite not having the slobbering tongue shown atleast once, his overall look was fantastic. However, I really wish that he'd be a lot more menacing ( personality-wise ). He definitely deserved a lot better dialogue, as well as screentime. To me, it felt like Venom literally was shoved down Raimi's throat. Venom literally just came and went.

What improvements could have been made?
    The symbiote should have arrived in a much more dramatic way from space. The whole emo-parker look should have gone out the window.
    Flint Marko, a.k.a Sandman and his family should have received more screentime together.
    Venom's character should have been developed a little over the halfway mark during the movie.
    Lower the cheese-factor down a notch.

So in conclusion, I think that the movie would have been much, much more dramatic and memorable, without the addition of Gwen, or Venom.

Just to be clear, I've always loved the first two films, and I absolutely love the cast. So..despite all the negative comments and such, I still thought that this was a good film, just nowhere close to the caliber of 1 or 2. Furthermore I am very grateful that Venom was considered and delivered in this film, however I just felt that he really wasn't necessary, especially when he's just going to hang around for like..5 percent of the movie.

On a side note, Spider-Man 1's final fight still remains as my favourite out of the trilogy.

Rating: 7/10

Last edited: May 6, 2007
    Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

Did anyone else find the ending of the movie where Peter and MJ just danced together and then the picture faded out kind of lame? I thought they could've made a much better ending.

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

Well, I JUST got back from watching it. I thought it was pretty good, just not as good as 1 or 2. The emo-Parker thing was a bit unnecessary, and the cheese, well, let's just say, in parts, this was one of the most unintentionally funny movies of 2007

Topher Grace was awesome, he should have been given WAY more screentime, but the ending was a bit rushed, it was like they thought "oh shit, the movie's been going for 2 and a half hours. Quick, somebody end it".

Then, again, there were a few parts where I wasn't paying much attention to the movie, so maybe my opinion isn't the most reliable :lol:!

Overall: 3.5/5

Snail

There was one particular scene that just...*AGH throws paper ball at the screen*..the lettering on the damn webbing...what did it say again? "Kill me if you Can Spider-Man" something like that? Oh lord that was so...BLAH WHY!!

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

I saw it the other day. I didn't really care for the first 2 films so I wasn't expecting much. The best scene, I thought, was when Sandman was first coming to life in the pit. Very cool! And I thought it was awesome when the sand cloud was flying around the city! The thing that kind of ruined the movie for me was when Peter turned that 'e' word (if someone can tell me a better term or description, I will use it) when he was using the black suit. However, I found it very humorous when he was strutting around town! The ending was kind of expected, I thought. I figured the Peter and Mary Jane love situation would be handled in Spidey 4 because the film was headed into OT and I didn't think that resolution made sense to be placed in this film. Overall, I give the film 3/5. 1 and 2 were better.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

You wanna know the lamest parts of the movie?

**SPOILERS**

- Emo Peter
    - The Jazz Bar scene
    - The fact that Vemon was in the movie for 20 minutes
    - Kirsten Dunst
    - Too much love drama going on
    - Peter snapping his fingers at random people
    - The fact that Spiderman let Sandman get away
    - Kirsten Dunst
    - Tobey McGuire's acting in some parts
    - Too much going on. There was no need for four villans
    - The fact that Harry died. He was by far the coolest character
    - Kirsten Dunst

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

I thought it was really good, although the ending seemed a bit rushed. I thought that Sandman was a bit unnecessary, it's like, he didn't really add anything to the story besides more trouble for Spiderman lol. Oh well, I still thought it was pretty good. overall...idk 4/5

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Oh my god it was so cheesy.

Everybody in my theatre groaned/cracked up at the part where Spiderman rests on top of a building where a HUGE American flag manages to take up the entire screen behind him.

reddboi

reddboi Member

frist off when did venom even have webbing. he had the symbiote but it came back to him after being relased from him. Plus WHEN DID HE DIE in the comics venom never died. But in stupid movie form he did. They should have made him way more out of control. they made him to calm at points. the whole suit thing on venom could have been way scarifying. it seems like venom was just a last minute place in. PLUS HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN WAY MORE BIGGER. The symbiosis should have been hanging off when he ran. like when the noise effected him like that. but the whole suit. all in all it was okay BUT WHY DID VENOM AND HARRY HAVE TO DIE.

Hybrid Minute

Hybrid Minute Member

Dude Spider-Man isnt a trilogy. There has been a Spider-Man 4,5,6 confirmed. So yeah dont worry this wont be the last one. You will still have more coming at ya soon enough

Snail

Lol. It practically will be nothing but a self-contained trilogy. I really doubt that Sam Raimi, Tobey, and Kirsten will return.

dragon ninja

dragon ninja Well-Known Member

Wow, no offense but read a comic book and do a little research on the characters, and realize it's a movie. Harry dies in the comic from overdosing on drugs and side effects of the serum - I'm glad they gave him a respectable death in this film. Plus, I've heard that a certain character may not necessarily be dead - remember not all of the symbiote attached itself to Peter's bike, and Dr. Connors still has some. The general consensus is that Venom was pretty well done. The one part that bugged me was the voice - I was expecting the traditional double voice overlay type thing, but just hearing Topher's higher-pitched voice out of that suit seemed out of place, at least to me.

And as far as sequels go, the 4th 5th and 6th may not even have the same actors and director, so the producers have said it would be at least 3 more years before we catch wind of another one. But we'll see. With the records this movie is making/breaking, I'm sure they'll want to crank out a new one soon enough.

reddboi

reddboi Member

yes this is true..harry does die.. but i think that venom should have been pushed back into spiderman 4 or five. dr. connor does still have some but you can see that brock is dead you see his f****** skeleton when the blast goes off. now what i was thinking is at the end they could have made a part in which the symbiosis goes on brocks dead body or something bringing him to life but they didn't do that. lol and yes that did bug me too. yeah venom does talk but why did he have to sound like Freddy Krueger. idk i just thought i got real corney at the end. thats all but the blood pressure office scene was too funny.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Good stuff:
    -I never cared much for Sandman before but I really liked him here.
    -Bruce Campbell's cameo.
    -Some of the humour works well, like Spider-Man emptying the sand from his boots and the part with Betty Brant and Jonah.
    -Being a Sam Raimi film the camera work is great.
    -The beginning is really entertaining and after a lapse it gets good again.

Bad stuff:
    It just gets incredibly boring for a while after Sandman's first exit. It probably would've been better if Venom was introduced earlier.

Quite good, could have been perfect for what it was though.

Last edited: May 7, 2007
    belovedpaine

belovedpaine Member

I completely agree. I loved it as well.
    Although, the ending left me feeling like, "wait, that's it?"