Mike Shinoda Clears The Fog

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

In a recent post on the Official Linkin Park Message Board, Linkin Park vocalist/guitarist Mike Shinoda responded to comments towards the lpassociation.com interview with Joseph Hahn, concerning Joe's statement that his scratches were 'muted' from this album in certain areas of the record. Wanting to set the record straight and to let his fellow bandmate Joe know the real deal, Mike Shinoda said the following:

"just saw an interview that joe did with lpassociation. wanted to respond to something in it =)

Joe: I did a lot of scratching that Mike and Brad muted out. But aside from that, on this album, everyone in the band was working on everything. We weren't limited to our respected instruments. Every song on the album had a different approach to how it was written. One of the main focuses for me was to nail sounds down by re-amping, resampling, and pushing the dynamic of range with the sounds.

Mike response: Actually, I wasn't in the practice of muting any of Joe's scratches. I don't know who did it, but I was working full-time on vocals at that point, so don't blame me, Mr. Hahn =) Maybe we'll have to put the detectives out on this one. But I did mute his singing vocals, because those simply sucked huevos.

please feel free to give this to the LPA for inclusion in whatever ; )
    lpassociation.com"

Hopefully this will help to clear up any suspicion or false impressions that it was Mike or Brad who muted out Joe's scratches. As for what happened to Joe's 'huevo sucking' vocals? We may never know.

Source: Mike Shinoda on the LPMB

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Hahaha. Muted his vocals. Silly.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

This gives me a strange feeling and I don't know why. :lol:

Derek

Yeah I'm afraid we caused some drama between the bandmates with that question :lol:.

Naw I think Joe was being sarcastic, and Mike didn't realize it. Ouch. :lol:

Fredy1985

Fredy1985 New Member

hmm i wonder why and or who deleted them...but i couldnt picture hearing scratches on any of the songs

BeneathYourSkin

BeneathYourSkin Well-Known Member

Hahaha, poor Joe and his singing.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I hope so. This made me lol.

Andrea

I hope they work it out. Wouldn't want Linkin Park to break up because of the LPA! :lol:

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

"I'm Gideon Yago with MTV news. Recently a fansite of Linkin Park caused the band to break up. Here's their new video for 'What I've Done.'"

Derek

They wont lol. I edited the news post to include Mike's original smilies. He smiled a lot during the post so he's not angry. Probably just correcting Joe's sarcasm. :lol:

Andrea

Ah, smilies definitely make a difference. Yeah, he's probably just kidding around.

(Hi Mike if you are reading this! :lol:)

Derek

Mike's probably doing this to get us all worried. Evil I tell you, fucking evil :lol:.

CureForTheSession

CureForTheSession Well-Known Member

Ah, finally the Spanish skills come to good use outside of Mcdonalds. Hahaha. Egg-sucking vocals. Or ball sucking. Bahahaha. Good one. And the Mr Hahn absence doesn't really bug me either way. I don't mind when he's there but when he's not there, I'm not crying. Oh well. It's almost tuesday :-D

Importskyline22

Importskyline22 LPA VIP LPA VIP

I think mike shoudl release the clips of joe singing. It could be interesting lol.

maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

"But I did mute his singing vocals, because those simply sucked huevos." :lol:

Derek

I think the joe singing thing is a joke too..simply put, you cant take these guys seriously. They're such jokesters. :lol:

maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

yeah, come on now, they are mature, but not mature..they have just matured in their music, but they are immature in their own selves, lol which i find funny..like did anyone see this 17 second clip of the band at Bamboozle on their own channel on youtube..Mike said something about doing a meet and greet, and the camera went to Chester at the end, and Chester was like "Ello!" in like a weird voice? lol..they are funny guys.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I don't knwo why everyone is saying how Joe doesn't scratch on the album. I hear scratching in quite a few songs. Just because it isn't scratching like on One Step Closer or Don't Stay, doesn't mean it isn't there, yaknow?

Anyway, this is funny. Atleast we know the band is close and healthy, and not fighting and being emo, like....Evanescence? :lol:

lpcrawling

lpcrawling Active Member

lol joe's sacarsm doesn't really show in text that well does it. At least Mike put smiley faces

Spearsoft

Spearsoft New Member

WAY TO GO LPA. Lol. I do sense the tension, for reals though. It's all good, there are still another 25+ tracks that Joe is on promintently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.