Mike: It's Not Rubin's Fault!

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Mike recently responded to an assertion by an interviewer that many fans believed Rick Rubin was the man entirely responsible for their change in sound.

"I don't agree with that. I go on the message board. You go ask anybody on the Linkin Park message boards, they know I'm on there and they know the band is watching. The band goes on occasionally we've always been very active with the fans and we stay that way. We know what people are saying out there, and I have to say: Number One - we call them the vocal minority. There are a smaller number of people who are very vocal, and then there's a lot of people who sit there and they do their own thing."

Mike elaborated on how this album was going to be a "challenge" for some people to get used to:

"...As we were writing the record we knew going into it that this would be a challenge for people. This is not the same kind of record. If you're expecting Hybrid Theory Part 3, I'm sorry. You're going to have to buy another copy of Hybrid Theory or some other band that's trying to do that style because we're not going to do it for you."

Source: Ultimate-Guitar.com

Thanks to >>In The End<< and babaks.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Very well said. :)

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Cool thanks for putting this up.. its a little old but thank you non the less :)

LP Tekkie

LP Tekkie Well-Known Member

Ha ha.

maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

well put by Mike here:

"...As we were writing the record we knew going into it that this would be a challenge for people. This is not the same kind of record. If you're expecting Hybrid Theory Part 3, I'm sorry. You're going to have to buy another copy of Hybrid Theory or some other band that's trying to do that style because we're not going to do it for ya."

i fuckin KNEW the band goes on there..and they see the shit that people post..i KNEW they were gonna see the threads about how Rubin sucks and all that shit..i feel sorry for the band cause they actually see that.

GO MIKE! TELL THEM ASSHOLES! :lol:

palingenesis

palingenesis Well-Known Member

mike sounds serious. watch out interviewers!

musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

Heh, way to go Mike! That's what a lot of people have said on here, myself included. I'm glad someone from the band finally said that. If people don't like it, then they may be just expecting Pt. III of HT, or it is understandable if the kind of music just isn't someone's pot of tea, so that is also a possibility. I was hasty at first to say people that don't like it are close-minded, but that's not really true. Some people just don't like the lighter songs, by any band, not just LP.

life_drainer_04

life_drainer_04 Member

yeah..he`s right ...but the thing is that their new music is crap...sorry...MtM is a combination of all that shit thats on the radio...sucks...i loved LP ...i still do ...but this is simple music ...pop bleah:-&...i mean i don`t know why they wanted to change the style cause mike said that they were feeling comfortable playing HT and meteora...does this has sth to do with that track from fort minor ...get me gone?:-?

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

:rolleyes:

I'm going to approve your post so people can rip you to shreds for it. Ta.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

It's funny how everyone was saying, "Just as long as it isn't HT part 3," and now that they got what they asked for, they're all in an uproar.

FiGzZ

FiGzZ Banned

Some people just acts like baby...
    By the way "Bleed It Out" can be heard at aol music.com

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

You are entitled to your opinion but saying the album and I quote here "Sucks" and is "Crap" is not an appropriate way to share your thoughts.
    You could kindly explain your dislike for the album in better ways.

"I do not like the album, it's not hard like I like and it's just to slow"

Would be a better alternative for your view.

Thank you for visiting the LPA

<<<LPA mod wannabe lol

laurens

laurens Well-Known Member

All right. Just need to say that the new LP album is one of their best albums out in my opinion! :D. Why the hell is everyone bitching on this very nice album, weird man! I know that some of you just wanted the triologhy, but why? We already got this kinda music so why make another one, just like mike said on the MTM dvd: ''we didnt want to make a triologhy, we already exhausted that style.'' Its just true. Im super duper happy with this album, something new and fresh just like I wanted :) SO thanks LP! :D And for those who dont like this album, listen to meteora or just to other bands, just dont say 100000 times that u dont like this album cause its not gonna change anything.

ProEdge

ProEdge Well-Known Member

Hells yeah! You tell'em Mike!!

jordanspringer

jordanspringer Active Member

Wow, I really appreciate Mikes involvement with the fans. He's one of the only guys in many bands that I know of that actually inputs feedback diretly to us. Linkin Park is truely the best.

As for the new sound, and Rick's shine on the album, it wasnt Rick who changed LP, it was LP that was wanting a change, and came to Rick for assistance. The guy is a legend, LP knows what they're doing and look what they've done. I personally have been getting used to the new LP, and honestly am digging it.

Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

Very well said Mike.

I hate to throw everyone into the same boat, but after everything I've read on this and the LPMB, I've come to this conclusion.

People who like MTM are fans of great music, no matter the genre. People who don't are fans of hard rock, and stick to that. There's nothing wrong with that, but it comes off a little close-minded.

I'm not thrilled with the lack of rapping, but I still like the songs. They're great songs. But this is coming from a person who listens to everything from Metallica to The Roots to Coldplay.

maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

yeah, we know how everyone in the band including Mike can joke around and stuff, but after reading this, i think its safe to say he's just plain pissed off..and i dont blame him one bit.

fosto

fosto Member

Amen to that.

Honestly I just hate how people just bash the album because it isn't like HT or Meteora...and people that actually have this wide range of musical taste (which is the essence upon which LP wrote their music) will see this transition and realize that it is still LP just in a different light, continuing the 'musical odyssey' that is Linkin Park.
    I've said it before, Linkin Park has always been a band about fusion and now that they're incorporating even more different styles, people are hating on it?
    And to say the album is soft? There are songs like Given Up and No More Sorrow so don't complain. To me this album just went everywhere the guys wanted to take it, and I think they really did an amazing job at pulling it off...
    and I have even more (if it's possible) respect for them because they did go into this album knowing full well there would be 'fans' that would dismiss it.

Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

Oh damn..he told them up..:lol:

Chrismichaels

Chrismichaels Member

I personally could care less what other people think about this album. The new album makes Linkin Park sound like a real band now. I mean... I dont mean they weren't a band before, but with the new sound of the record, it sounds more like a soundtrack for a movie than a Linkin Park album which I tihnk is great. I love the new sound and I hope with the new record, that they stick with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.