Mike: It's Not Rubin's Fault!

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    trunkswd

trunkswd Well-Known Member

I knew they were going to change their style, glad they did. I didn't want it to be more of the same, but the sound has changed a little to much. I think the heavier songs (ie. Given up, No More Sorrow) are better than their older stuff and even some of the slower songs are really good, but some of the really slow songs (ie. In Between) atleast to me seem to be lacking something not sure what it is. I just prefer heavier songs. But that is just my opinion.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

If you're a Deftones fan you should know all about bands evolving, and besides, when was the last time you heard songs like, say, Bleed It Out and TLTGYA on the radio? For the former it'd probably be the last time LP released an album, and the only well-known bands I can think of that sound at all close to the latter are The Killers and The Shins. There are a couple of songs that are way more commercial than anything else they've done but they do it well so fuck it.
    In conclusion: you don't know what you're talking about.

INu

INu Member

i don't like the way he said that, hmmmm.

Felipeintheend

Felipeintheend Well-Known Member

really, i am agree with Mike. Well said
    thx for credits

Linkin_way

Linkin_way LPA VIP LPA VIP

what's going on !?
    seems like he's angry a little bit our friend mike....

that's all critics, he should get used to it :)

we all love you mike

sutherbust

sutherbust Member

I love the new cd and dont understand why so many people cant accept change. One of my favorite bands is KoRn and they dont have two cd's that sound the same and they are on album #8....you gotta evolve to stay alive. I like the slower more depressing songs on MTM....the vibe is just so real. I think chester said something similar saying how he always likes depressing music.

Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

I still haven't heard the album and I'm getting all confused with the people who like and dislike MTM. I'll have to wait two more days to make my opinion.
    I also think that every band has to face critics when a new record comes out so way to go Mike!

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Way to go, Mike!

pugofdoom

pugofdoom Well-Known Member

Very well put.

lpcrawling

lpcrawling Active Member

i think a lot of people are mixing up the group of people who hate this album because it isn't HT3, and the group of people who knew there was going to be a change but feel that the quality of the songs on MTM doesn't live up to the old LP. Generally I think we should make it clear that those of us on this board don't like the album as a whole because we feel Linkin Park could do better. The LPMB on the other hand is a bunch of teenie boppers wanting another HT. I really hope Mike reads these boards for a better representation of LP fans.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

bravo mike!!

Meryl

Meryl Member

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
    It's what i'm trying to explain EVERYWHERE on the LPMB but people don't get that - say that we don't have taste in music - and we should buy HT once more if we don't agree with the changes.

The majority will throw me rocks but i tell you, when i heard that Mike said that i thought that he's full of himself. He has to accept critics and saying that it's only the 'minority' shows that he doesn't care. I understand it's his album and he's proud of it and it's ok. But please, there's lots of fans who didn't love this album and not because we wanted a new HT. Saying that was imo a lack of respect about our tastes and he reduce us as stuckinthepast fans. Please, please, please, that is so not true. It's about the quality of the music in my opinion. If he told that Yes they were criticism but he was sure that at one point we would love the album (as he already said) or that fans has to accept the change would be ok. But HT3 part was not appropriate.

Go now, throw rocks at me lol
    and sorry for the mistakes.

LPArabia

LPArabia Active Member

It sounds as if Mike is saiyng that Hybrid Theory is a mistake they've done. :mellow:

Guys....I like the new album, but the thing is:
    anyone can make albums such as Minutes To Midnight
    But no one can make an album like Hybrid Theory.

And by the way, didn't they have "Hybrid Theory" as the name of the band, before calling themself "Linkin Park"?
    I wonder if they could release MTM being a band called HYBRID THEORY

Still, I love LP no matter what!

chaosblade

chaosblade Well-Known Member

Agreeing or not, I just love Mike's quotes. Makes me respect him all over again.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Haha, 'onya Mike, you tell 'em! :lol:

:cloud:

Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys Well-Known Member

Jalie

Jalie Antebellum Cecity

I understand people who dislike the album. I think Meryl put it in a good way. I even understand people who would have liked something like HT or Meteora. I would have liked this as well.

But no matter what, I LOVE THE NEW ALBUM!
    I LOVE THE LYRICS!
    I LOVE THE MUSIC!
    I LOVE THE NEW SOUND!

Just missing Mike a little bit :blush:

jrlcopy

jrlcopy Member

Oh Bull!!!

Mr. Mike Shinoda said it himself in an interview for the album, which I am going to go find it right after this.

it was something like this

"We had a bunch of songs that we wanted to do for the new alubm. partial lyrics already recorded and Rubin came in and told us to forget what we had done before, and start over, start from scratch."

Off to find that segment of mp3, so I may post it around.

The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

Exactly! Wasn't "Hybrid Theory" linkin parks 1st name? I dont think that would of mixed...its like HT is linkin parks blood...and thats wat everyone is so frustrated about..people say that other bands can make MTM but no other bands can make HT?...i mean r u kidding me? have u listened 2 MTM...its incredible...The lyrics are so well placed...and chesters vocals have grown so much...sorry theyre not 20 anymore with mike has red hair and chester with all his piercings...i mean when i 1st started listening to linkin park i was 12!! now im almost 19...and there songs now go around my every day life...linkin park have finally grown up and i dont think people can see that...this record is very mature..besides valentines day...kinda iffy but u have 2 admit...the tune is very, very catchy and its quite depressing. MTM is an awesome record and i really like wat linkin park have put 2gether..i am FOR SURE buying this album...just like i bought every LP album..They never lost me as a fan..and never will and i will always support them as musicians..Im sorry but alot of bands these days are in it for the money..and fame..not for the music. But linkin park is...Mike is a workaholic and if ur a true fan u should know that..He puts his heart and soul into LP and Fm and every song he does and im sure the rest of the band does too...theyre in it for the music and i really respect them for that. i know everyone has different tastes in music but guys...quit bashing them...they only made music from the heart? what the fuck do you want? they cant please every god damn fan in the fucking earth...they only wrote and made music they liked and that they wanted to put out cuz they created it from scratch and until they thought it was perfect. So honestly, give them a break, they deserve one from all the hard work they put into this album. Im not a musician myself...but i surely give this album a 9/10...only thing is i kinda miss mikes raps..but meh....you always got love when chester screams in given up!! god i love that they finally swear in a record..so linkin park have finally grown up...maybe you should too..(no offence)

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

What the fuck! :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.