one questionable seemless-track-to-track transition

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by astheniac, May 15, 2007.

astheniac

astheniac New Member

In reference to those seemless-track-to-track transitions on the album, the source being MTM by way of iTunes, what's with the non-seemless cut between Track 5 "Shadow of the Day" and Track 6 "What I've Done" ? Is it just the iTunes version of the album, or perhaps a problem with my download?

I've yet to actually "look" at the audio waveform of either of the aforementioned, seeing what actual silence/slugs have been laid down, whether it be at the end of Track 5 or the beginning of Track 6.. but those other seemless-track-to-track transitions seem to be flawless (e.g. Track 1 "Wake" to Track 2 "Given Up" and Track 3 "Leave Out All the Rest" to Track 4 "Bleed It Out").

Nick595

Nick595 Well-Known Member

The end of Shadow of the day is the moment what I've done starts.
    That why Mike said you should listen to the album in the correct order, i think.

astheniac

astheniac New Member

Hey Nick595,

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about. The two tracks are connected. And as I was saying, the transition from the end of Track 5 "Shadow of the Day" into the beginning of Track 6 "What I've Done" isn't as seemless as I believe it was meant to be.. with that noticible break between the two songs.

If you listen to the transition between Track 1 "Wake" to Track 2 "Given Up," as well as the transition from Track 3 "Leave Out All the Rest" to Track 4 "Bleed It Out," there's not a moment's pause, effectively making the transition "seemless." However, the transition from Track 5 to 6 alone doesn't have that seemlessness, at least not the iTunes version of the album.

Not a big deal, but thought I'd ask fellow fans. :)

CHW42

CHW42 Well-Known Member

I believe Leave Out all the rest and Bleed it Out are connected. Along with Shadow of The Day and What I've Done. Then there's No More Sorrow and Valentine's Day. All those 6 songs are connected together, the rest of the album is just kinda there.

samedirection

samedirection Member

Shadow of the Day/What I've Done seems to transition seamlessly for me, though I brought the actual CD.

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

Wondering, did anyone rip their CD on their computer? Because I did, and there was something messed up with the song title data. The music was in the right order, but the song titles were either jumbled, and some of them weren't even titles of the songs at all. Did that happen to anyone else or was it just my copy? For example, instead of Wake, it was called Stand! and stuff like that. I figure that it's just a data problem on my CD, or something to do with my Media Player, but anyone else?

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

Pr3D

Pr3D Active Member

Transitions fine on my retail cd, and the leak transitioned to, must just be itunes having a bad rip.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Maybe you have to enable gapless playback in your iTunes.

lparks41

lparks41 Well-Known Member

I love this part on the piano that leads up to What I've Done. Whenever I listen to What I've Done now I backtrack on my cd player into Shadow of the day where the transition starts every time.

NoBrain2k

NoBrain2k Active Member

I reckon this is something to do with there being a slight difference between the beginning of the single version and the album version. I reckon for some reason they used the single version.

maybe

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Yeah, if you rip What I've Done off the MTM CD you can hear the keyboard from the end of Shadow of the Day still fading out. The single version obviously doesn't have that.

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

I think the long paus at the end of shadow of the day was for the effect that most U2 songs have. It gives you a moment of realisation after listening to such a deep and emotional ballad.

-x-ecks-x-

-x-ecks-x- Well-Known Member

Stop comparing LP to U2!!!

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

i think even you have to admit it has the U2 feel to it. I can compare who ever I like, its my opinion.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

albeit you should do it in a relevant thread. :rolleyes:

the11thdoctor

the11thdoctor Resident Time Lord

Mine transitions fine on iTunes and on my actual CD (from the LP Bandmerch preorder) of the explicit version... but on my clean Cd (from Wal-Mart... I just wanted the jewel case!) it has a very noticeable gap.

The_Catalyst

The_Catalyst Active Member

I just listened to it on the CD from Wal-Mart, and there was no gap. Maybe it's iTunes, but that would make it less seamless, since it goes to the next song when there is 5 seconds left in the song. maybe it's just the iTunes version.