Reminder: Skratch N' Sniff MTM Remix Event on 98rock.com

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Detri

Detri Well-Known Member

That's great and all but it's going to make people hate the album, I think. Ruint. :(

Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

I don't think it's easy to remix the songs on Minutes To Midnight. Linkin Park's older stuff could be remixed relatively easier and you could get something good out of it. The new album I don't think translates well to being remixed, especially if those remixes involve trying to shove in Hip-Hop elements. Which is exactly what's happening here. These songs don't work well with Hip-Hop in them, it's that simple. And I hate being as brief of this when giving my opinion on something, but it has resulted in these remixes being, well... not very good at all.

What i'd like to see is some of the guys on the Fort Minor Forums (DJ Zap, The Chemist, HybridMeteora etc.) try remixing some of the MTM tracks.

JaySinkie

JaySinkie Active Member

Zap actually did do a WID Remix, way back when there were just samples available.

@LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

Not exactly.

They don't mix well in the final state they are in, but if an artist/mixer took the time and wanted to go through a process like Linkin Park did with Reanimation, then this album could easily be remixed.

The key is to get your hands on the songs in the rawest form you can. Seperate the drums, guitar(s), vocals, bass, etc. Then you can really tweak them. This is part of what Linkin Park did with Reanimation. Sure, Hybrid Theory had a lot more hip hop elements, but so does MTM. Honestly, if you look for them they are there. I mean, hell, Rick wasn't the only producer on this... Mr. Shinoda has a lot of say.

Yet, I do agree that some of the guys on the FMF would do fantastic jobs if they took the time. I am going to start remixing again in my home studio and I might just try to push some MTM material out.

Neotriple

Neotriple LPA VIP LPA VIP

To be honest, I don't think the remiixes were too bad. I liked them quite a bit, just a little something extra. The remixes could add a little more, but for the most part I liked them. They added a small bit that would maybe make the Hybrid Theory LP fan feel more at home with the rapping.

stonecoldnimrod

stonecoldnimrod Member

i haven't even heard them yet but i just want to say... wtf??? someone took the time to do this and as lp fans gettin the download for free i don;t think anyone should say things like 'vomiting' and 'just thrown together'. if you don't like it just don't download from here. thanks to whomever provided the link for the download.

Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

Oh yes, I completely agree with you. I was talking about having the songs as they are though, because the average home-mixer doesn't get access to raw samples unfortunately. I mean the Remember The Name remix contest was awesome cause it gave everyone the chance to get all the samples.

I'm sure there is great potential to create some awesome MTM mixes, I just think it would be harder than with the older LP stuff.

Triad

Triad Well-Known Member

are there rips available of the remixes now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.