LPTV 14 Added and Possible Singles News

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

The latest installment of Linkin Park's 'LPTV' documentary series is now available on YouTube. This episode chronicles the band as they finish up work on Minutes to Midnight. From here on out, there is only one more scheduled LPTV episode (presumably regarding the band's visit to New Orleans).

Further, Billboard News is reporting that 'Given Up' and 'Shadow of the Day' will be the next singles off the new album, released August 6th and October 8th, respectively. However, it should be noted that the news has not been confirmed by Linkin Park, and the the album's first single, 'What I've Done,' was officially released in the beginning of April.

Thanks to Delta Epsilon and Shockwave!

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

I was hoping that "No More Sorrow" and "Leave Out All The Rest" would be the next singles. While "No More Sorrow" would bring in the "rockers", Leave Out All The Rest would bring in more of the soft-rock crowd. In my opinion, I think that would make more sense; show your variety of the CD; but I guess they can do the same with these two singles. And besides, I wanted to see a video for No More Sorrow, I think LP could make a badass music video for that. :eek: :lol:

Mon(e)y

Mon(e)y Active Member

I really hope they'll pick out a better single. I don't mind Given Up but I think shadow of the day won't make people to buy the album even though it's exactly what LP wants to do, get recognized for other things other than Nu-metal.

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

They usually do 5 videos (5 singles) so maybe Leave Out All The Rest and No More Sorrow will still be made into singles. Given Up is a strong choice and I love Shadow of the Day, but I believe they should have kept SOTD as a special track on the album and made Bleed it Out a single instead.

kev_

kev_ Well-Known Member

In my opinion the singles should have been WID, Given Up, Leave Out All The Rest, In Pieces, and Hands Held High. Shadow of the Day is a good song but it gets repetitive towards the end so I don't think it is a good choice for a single.

blueeye

blueeye Well-Known Member

I don`t believe it until it gets official :)

And i agree LAOTR should be a single imo.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I figured Given Up would be a single with how much they've been playing it live. Poor choice, in my opinion, since it's not radio friendly. Then again who knows? :lol:

Ant

Ant Ambient

Same. I was hoping they'd also release "Bleed It Out" after those two.

Paperku7

Paperku7 Banned

what happened to Leave out all the rest as a single. doesnt it say in the pre release notes by the band that "they knew it was going to be a single from the beginning"?. im not taking anything seriously as far as singles news goes until its confirmed by the band.

obiwanws2

obiwanws2 Well-Known Member

i actually was hoping that in pieces would be a single, but undoubtedly The little things give you away will probably be the last one.

btw....the popper stopper was hilarious

Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

i think "bleed it out" and "leave out all the rest" would've been better... and then maybe "given up" later... but whatever.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

LOATR has to be a single. its so radio friendly!

Given Up would be a bad move for them i think

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

They're releasing Given Up to target the angsty, I hate my parents and want to die kids that buy Linkin Park CDs.

Honestly, that's exactly why songs like OSC became singles. To target the angsty kids.

FiGzZ

FiGzZ Banned

I was thinking no more sorrow and given up was the next singles. Then In pices or shadow of the day comes next. I don't think it will be given up because they had the wrong date on it like "wid" wasn't even marked april 2nd on the release it was like may 7 so i think it's the wrong single or date, idk let's just wait for the words from LP, But i really want a new single 2 months from now..

Derek i hope u don't mind that i kinda copy ur little signiture by having song lyrics on it...lol =)

Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

what is IMo?

FiGzZ

FiGzZ Banned

what..who type that in??

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

That is why One Step Closer became a single. I was watching a special on Linkin Park once on MTV, and a lot of the fans were saying how that single got them into the band because of its angst. If Linkin Park decides to go with Given Up, it's probably for that reason, if not something similar.

I think the choices are decent. I wasn't expecting them to choose Given Up, though. It's not very radio-friendly and it just seems like an unusual choice. I'm glad they're choosing Shadow of the Day, though. I love that song and I'll be very happy if they release it as a single.

The other two singles will probably be two of the three: No More Sorrow, Bleed It Out, or Leave Out All the Rest. That's what I think.

LPgator

LPgator Well-Known Member

why would they wait so long in between WID and the next single, but then only wait 2 months in between the 2nd and 3rd single?

Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

If they release "Shadow of the day" as a single I doubt it will be a hit.

YKA

YKA Well-Known Member

ok, given up is no surprise, but the other one...

i thought that they'd release 1)valentine's day or 2)in pieces

but I'm sure that either No More Sorrow ot Bleed it out will follow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.