RAR'07 Webcast: No LP?

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

It appears Rockpalast.de will not be airing the Linkin Park set today, which is in complete contradiction to previous Rock Am Ring webcasts. Apparently Warner is blocking the webcast for whatever half-brained reason.

A 30-minute program of concert highlights airs Sunday on MTV Germany, so for anyone who has that channel, check your local listings. In the event a rip of the concert becomes available, we will keep you informed.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Thank you Warner for ruining my entire fucking week. You expect hardcore fans like me to shell out a couple hundred bucks for all the different versions of LP's new album, yet you still remain so fucking stingy as to not even allow ONE concert to be webcast online.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, worst fucking record label on the planet.

Tech Artist

Tech Artist Active Member

AMEN BROTHER! Seriously, what the hell is Warner gaining by doing this? The only thing there doing is showing that there a crappy company and power hungry jerks.
    Seriously, LP needs to get a new label cause Warner is just stupid and arrogant. :angry:

I did read one interesting thing over at the LP boards when I was looking for any more info on this concert, supposedly LP said they wanted to look over the material 1st. Something about, giving the best our fans o r something like that...
    Can anyone confirm this?

Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

My god..all of this for a couple bucks, like they really freaking need it.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2007
    _the_smurf_

_the_smurf_ New Member

I think I heard the host on the Webcast say that they would air Linkin Park's concert in two weeks time or so... I think he said something about they didn't have permission to air all of the concerts live, but they would air them later.

Here's a link to when they will send the concerts

http://www.rockpalast.de/konzerte/2007/rock_am_ring/

Down on the bottom of the page where it says: ROCK AM RING 2007 im WDR Fernsehen:

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Fuckers.
    The next time LP releases anything I'm just going to download it and not fucking buy it.

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

i can confirm this. i was watching mtv germany all day and the moderators said that. like "the best for the fans..."

murphyLP

murphyLP The blood of innocence burning in the skies

That´s ridiculous!

we have to post this on the LP message board

Or they (LP) do something or we say that we are not going to buy their stuff anymore!

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

Although I agree this whole thing is stupid, there's nothing we can really do, and I don't think we should blame LP on this since it's probably mainly Warner's fault. I'm not going to stop buying LP stuff just because of this, it's something between LP and the label that they have to sort out themselves. I highly doubt if you stop buying LP merch you'll make a big difference anyway. Warner won't get the hint I'm pretty sure.

It does suck I can't see the concert though.

DHopper

DHopper Well-Known Member

I don't know the whole story, but if Warner Brothers or Linkin Park said anything of the sort: "it's best for the fans," I will be extremely angry.

Since when do I need a money-grubbing record label or a multi-platinum band to say what's best for me. I think I can judge that for myself.

Tech Artist

Tech Artist Active Member

Agreed. I'm not really blaming LP. I mean sure, LP might have had something to do with it but I think its mostly Warner.

Oh well, hopefully they air the concert soon, even if it isn't live. Btw, how do you find out if you have the WDR channel and/or MTV Germany?

INK12Many

INK12Many Well-Known Member

Yeah its not LP's fault, by now LP should know, and we know they feel bad, but Warner might have some weird thinkin on how to advertise LP. I HATE IT!

luki9875

luki9875 Member

NO PINKPOP........ NO ROCK AM RING !! WTF ??!?!?!?!?!?! THIS IS SICK

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Well I don't think anyone is blaming LP, it's Warners fault for sure. If the band did say that "the best for teh fans bla bla" it was probably because they didn't know what else to say.

Jammist

Jammist Well-Known Member

I don't understand why they did not air it....it could only help promote the new album even further. I guess they're taking the sales figures as an indication of that not mattering anymore :ermm:

murphyLP

murphyLP The blood of innocence burning in the skies

I´m not blaming LP

but i really think they have some kind of power in there!

if they know how mad we are... i´m sure they will do something!

Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys Well-Known Member

It's probably because it's the excactly same show they will use for all their shows in europe and they don't wan't people to know it before they see it live.

lostcontact

lostcontact Active Member

This isn't sick....THIS IS CRRAAAPPPAAAA hahaha

What a stupid decision. Why would they go and hold back something that was probably going to be one of the best concerts they've ever done? Would have been like the one at Webster Hall, except better...

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

not really all too mad but i am a little dissapointed, but hey they might get released later right?

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

its just a concert, not like delaying a album, if they will air it sometime later, hey at least their going to air it at all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.