My Chemical Romance To Begin Work On New Album!

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Andrea, Jun 27, 2007.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Gerard Way has recently revealed to Kerrang! that the band is "itching" to begin the follow-up to "The Black Parade".

"It feels like it's about the right time to be making a new record," says Way. "Maybe that's because 'The Black Parade' was talked about for so long before it was released, but it feels like that album's been out for a long time now. It's only been eight months but we're already on our fourth single and we've played a lot of shows.

"'The Black Parade' was the kind of record that you make but don't necessarily have a burning desire to perform because its creation was almost the point," he adds. "It was such an intense experience to make it, that there was almost a feeling of wanting to move on as soon as we released it. It was so artistically ambitious that it made us want to keep on creating."

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yes! That's fucking awesome.

Hopefully they do even better than The Black Parade. Hard to do so, but I'm sure they can do it.

Linja

Linja Good. Be magnanimous. Über Member

Yay! I hope that the tour for the upcoming album will come Moscow's way, just like the Black Parade tour.

*waits patiently*

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

This is awesome news! Can't wait! The Black Parade was awesome, so it'll be interesting to see what they come out with this time round

Disenchanted

Disenchanted The Black Parade is Dead! LPA Super Member

Sounds great. Will be interesting to hear how the sound of the new record will be like.

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

Awesome news, can't wait to hear what it's going to be like. I'm guessing it's going to be a "back to the roots" kind of album, though, because they seemed to enjoy performing those songs more than the ones on The Black Parade...

The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I had to do that. The Black Parade is my favourite album of all time, so this makes me EXTREMELY excited. I hope that they stick to thier new sound, it is much, much better then the old in my opinion. It will be hard for them to beat, or even reach the same quality as, The Black Parade. I guess that we'll just have to see what happens.

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

WOOT they work fast

The_Cool_Cow

Does anyone know how long it took them to finish and release The Black Parade? I just want to know so that I have a rough idea of when to expect this album.

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

Good to see it doesn't take every band 4 years to come up with a new album :lol:

I'm definitely looking forward to this.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

I'm just hoping it doesn't sound anything like Three Cheers..., or I Brought You My Bullets... I hated those albums.

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

I actually preferred Three Cheers and Bullets to TBP. Vampires Will Never Hurt You is one of my favourite songs. But hey, each to their own I guess.

The_Cool_Cow

While I do not hate their old sound, I have to agree that their new sound is better. I hope that the new album will sound more like The End and Mama then stuff like The Sharpest Lives and Dead!. I personally likes those songs more, I found them really interesting and strange. I would like to see them do away with the just plain rock songs on this album and go in a more experimental direction, again like The End and Mama. Not that I dont like the other songs, I just like those ones more.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Darn lucky hardcore MCR fans. 'The Ghost Of You' was always my favourite, hopefully they'll present one or two tracks similar to that one.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

This is really interesting. I'm really hoping they don't go back to their roots, because I really hated those albums, too. I can't really say I didn't enjoy the sound or anything, because I guess I kind of did, but something about them I hated a lot. The new album was so refreshingly good and I fell in love with it.

I'm really confident they can either really satisfy me with the new album or they can really disappoint me. I don't think there will be an in between.

The_Cool_Cow

Same, I think that this will probably be either good, or really bad. I think that no matter what happens, this will dissapoint me, because TBP was just amazing, in my opinion.

Can someone answer my question from before? How long did it take them to make TBP from when they announced it?

The_Catalyst

The_Catalyst Active Member

MCR isn't a sellout band, the money isn't the point in their career, it's to make good and now artful music. It will be difficult to follow up to The Black Parade, since it was so epic, and amazing, but I think MCR can pull it off.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

They never really announced that they were going to begin working on it. I mean, they mentioned a few times that they'd be entering the studio but they never said when they officially started work on the album. Then they tried to make it like The Black Parade was a completely different band when they decided to Advertise for the album.

The_Cool_Cow

Thanks.

Does anyone think that this could possibly be out by the end of the year? I doubt it, but I hope that it will be.