Reminder: NowWhat/MySpace Event

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Awesome show! I really wish I could have been there. The crowd singing along with LP, as well as the live version of Wake were epic, and Rob got his solo again. Awesome.

2. general41391

general41391 Well-Known Member

FUCKING AWESOME MY GODD FUCK YEHH

3. WizzyKid

WizzyKid Well-Known Member

That was one of the best performances from LP ever!!!

I hope they stream another show, that was fucking awsome! I really want to hear QWERTY and HHH live too!

4. Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

it seemed shorter. dunno why.

5. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I just now saw that and had to quote it. You read my mind, lol.

6. Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  7. jonah

jonah Well-Known Member

I was reading the first few pages of this thread, and just had to lol at this comment. We can use Warner as a scapegoat for everything now. :lol:

8. mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

man Derek and Andrea have an interesting relationship :lol:

9. JNudda

JNudda Guest

Removed.

10. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Here comes the part where tasta quotes about 11 million posts from one thread! Ready? 3, 2, 1, GO!!!

He was almost dead on at Cleveland, however I do think he has some bad nights on stage. He's improved tremendously in the past year or so though, I used to think he was a terrible live singer. BTW, was that "Frerard" at the end of Sharpest Lives? Because that looked more like...a shoving match, lol.

It was Set C.

That was Dolla from the FM mixtape over the intro of POA, he's been doing parts from about 6 or so different songs over it all tour.

Chester's only nailed the 18 second scream once the entire Projekt Revolution tour. I don't think he really even tries to most of the time because whenever he does he either comes up short or it causes his voice to crack on the last chorus.

First show Mike did that at was Cleveland last week. Same thing goes for the slightly different TLTGYA intro and the slightly altered piano part in Pushing Me Away.

Ever heard the acoustic performances of Morning After or Jane Says from 2001? Chester did those as solo acoustic performances, he was playing the guitar on them. He also plays a lot of guitar with Bucket of Weenies and plays rhythm guitar on It's Goin' Down when LP plays it live.

There's like a handful of newer songs that he just has problems with singing on key. Shadow of the Day, Leave Out All the Rest, What I've Done, and In Pieces seem to cause him the most trouble. TLTGYA did when they first started playing it but he's gotten better at it.

Mike does an extended keyboard intro on TLTGYA, he still plays acoustic guitar too. But I'm sure you know that now, lol.

*blinks* Huh? Only drum solo Rob does and has EVER done is in Bleed it Out.

GET A FUCKING ROOM. :lol:

I <3 both of you though.

Now for non-quoted stuff, am I the only person who noticed Mike was playing a Gibson SG on Wake/Given Up? That was new.

11. Jalie

Jalie Antebellum Cecity

The LP show was great, but the seats in the crowd messed the whole thing up for the fans imo.

12. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Is it so hard to believe that you can like a band, but still critique them? I'll happily call LP out on their faults (of which they definitely have many). Your
    assumption of me being an MCR hater is DEAD WRONG.

13. Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

To clear that up, if you were there...MCR was amazing. I honestly didn't think they were bad at all but then I got home and started watching the video rips of the stream and it was embarrassing.

14. Tim

I was more or less commenting on Gerard as a whole. I think MCR is a good live band (I think they've improved a lot in the past year). When Gerard is on, he's a perfectly competent singer. When he's off (which has happened many times before) he sounds terrible. I actually like MCR a lot, btw.

15. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Agreed.

16. WizzyKid

WizzyKid Well-Known Member

If it was Set C they would of played QWERTY and had No More Sorrow as the intro.

17. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

That's Set List B, when they were originally posted here they mixed B and C up.

And Gerard was great when I saw them yesterday. Came out in full skull make up. "Was I was only one the brought my skull make up? Did the rest of you not get the fucking memo?"

18. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Since you're bringing up the subject of critique, I will admit that apart from the final song (which Gerard nailed) I thought MCR were completely terrible that night. The mixing was screwed up for half of the entire performance, and Gerard just sounded very hoarse vocally. It was hard to see Andrea be so disappointed over it and I'm hoping that they are way better for our concert because it just wasn't cool to see that.

You just now noticed this? Damn. XD

19. Tim

Sometimes those guys sound like a train-wreck, tbh. I think it has something to do with the sophistication of the music. During the "Revenge" era, they tended to sound bad because most of the songs were very fast and all of the instruments
    sounded muddled together. Now with "The Black Parade" touring cycle they run into the problem of trying to play these difficult songs with tons of layers of guitars, vocals, and many other instruments. Couple that with their intricate stage work and I imagine it must be hard to pull it all together. MCR must be thinking
    "how the fuck did Queen pull this stuff off." :lol: I suppose they bit off more than they could chew.

20. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

As much as some people consider it fake, I feel if they used backing tracks or at least had backup vocalists it'll work a lot better.

These songs are a LOT for one guy to sing. Hell I'm surprised LP can even be so dead on sometimes with how much Chester does vocally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.