LTGYA End Vocals

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Toast, Aug 24, 2007.

Toast

Toast Ambient

on the album, after the solo in The Little Things Give You Away, I thought Chester starts his melodic singing, then Mike comes in with "Little Things Give You Away", then Chester double tracks "All You Ever Wanted....."

then I saw it live at the Cuyahoga Falls - Blossum Show... Chester does his melodic singing, then I think Phoenix comes in with "Little Things Give..." and then Mike does "All You Ever Wanted..."

THEN I realized on the album, Chester sings part 1, and Mike sings part 2 and 3

anyways the point i am making / the question i am asking is Chester sings his part, so who sings "Little Things Give..." and who sings "All you ever wanted..." Mike or Phoenix for which parts?

Ill try to make that make more sense:

Bridge/Ending of Song:
    Brad - Soloing ---- Chester - "Ahhhhhh" ---- Mike or Phoenix? - "Little Things give You Away" ---- Mike or Phoenix? - "All You Ever Wanted...."

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

On both the live and album versions, Chester does the "ahhhhh" part. On the album version, all the rest of the end vocals are done by Mike, and layered over each other. Live, Mike first comes in with "little things give you away." Then when the "all you've ever wanted" part comes in, Mike starts singing that, and Phoenix picks up the "little things give you away" part.

I'm also going to say that I'm quite jealous of your convenient location. I had to drive an hour to get to the show, heh.

Toast

Toast Ambient

nice, I had to drive not even 10 minutes, why did every band refer to Cuyahoga Falls as Cleveland, were 40 min from Cleveland....

i dunno I saw Phoenix has vocal credit on LTGYA [wikipedia] are you sure Mike sings both parts at the end?

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

once mike starts up the chorus vox ("all you've ever wanted ..."), yeah, phoenix picks up "the little things give you away ..." while chester does his thang on a higher register. ;) frankly, you can barely hear phoenix over mike and chester.

Toast

Toast Ambient

thats what i thought but i wasnt sure

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The album credits just say "backing vocals by Phoenix, Brad Delson, Rob Bourdon, and Mr. Hahn" like on every album, it doesn't list any specific songs. I'm pretty sure the only song that has members other than Mike and Chester doing vocals on the studio version is Hands Held High during the Amen part (and Bleed it Out too, if you count all the background noises).

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

I always wondered why they did that on the past albums, since I never really heard any other vocals besides Mike and Chesters. It could be possible, but I don't really know.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

i'm not sure ... i think mike and chester just layered themselves a few times to create that chorus.

they do pull it off live with just mike, chester and phoenix.

Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys Well-Known Member

You heard some "uuuh"'s in the background of With You in the chorus.

Toast

Toast Ambient

i think in the last chorus for Pushing Me Away [hybrid theory] the whole band does the harmony in the background

XVZ

XVZ Banned

Does Mike sing the part 'I used to be my own pretection, but somehow..' part in Valentine's Day or is it someone else, cause Chester sings 'On A Valentine's Day...' part. And i noticed thaT Mike sings in the background for the chorus in No More Sorrow.