Shadow Of The Day... a single?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by arbaks, Sep 7, 2007.

arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

this decision shows what path they are truly going for

they are going for a pop/rock U2 style band

everything i loved about the band is just fading away

it makes me wonder if their old material was real or just a pose

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

Shadow of the day is a GREAT song i wouldn't say they are going to try to be like U2 with just ONE song that sounds like a U2 song.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Why keep lamenting about it, then? Just move on, like they have.

WizzyKid

WizzyKid Well-Known Member

They are not going for Pop/Rock. Since when does BIO, Given Up, No More Sorrow and HHH sound anything like Pop/Rock? And relax, theres no telling what the next single or single after that could be.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

yeah, but i see no potential singles after "what i've done" and "bleed it out" on the album, gotta say. ;) unless they go and release "leave out all the rest".

arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

the problem is that they dont seem to realy like rock music

its like they did their past albums just because that was what was big back then

but they realy are pop musicians and the rock image they had was just a pose

and the heavier parts of this album are there just for the sake of puting it in to keep some old fans

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Bands change... this is what happens. It's not because what they did before wasn't real, it's because they've moved on past that point, everybody changes. The older you get, the more you find you don't like to do the same things you did when you were younger. Spare me the whole "they don't like their old music" bullshit. If that was so, that doesn't explain why about 60-70% of the songs they play live are old songs. You need to stop beating this dead horse of "the band changed... wah, wah, wah." Linkin Park, have moved on... I suggest you do the same.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Hmm. Then explain to me why songs like, Given Up, What I've Done, Bleed It Out, In Pieces, or Wake are on the album? What about No Roads Left? If they didn't like rock like you are saying, the songs wouldn't have been recorded in the first place.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

LP has stated themselves numerous times that Warner picks their singles, not them. You only need to go back to pre-Meteora interviews where Mike repeatedly said that Breaking the Habit was "a song you'll never hear on the radio" to see that what LP releases as a single isn't necessarily what they WANTED to be a single.

Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

Shadow of The Day compare to the modern pop rock is extremely excellent crafted than being complete crap made by some annoying teenagers who are 20-26 that I keep on hearing on the radio.

Mr. Hell

Mr. Hell Banned

true.:)

mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

this makes little to no sense. LP has matured, they are not angsty teens anymore it doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize this. They all have familys and for the most part i think they all have kids? not sure. But the point is maturity is natural in music, all the greatest bands in the history of music have matured. Just because they may not "rock as hard" or scream as much is a completely shallow argument. They write what they want to write, and what they want to hear. If you go back to LP's catalog, its not like its THAT diverse. 2 other cd's, a couple collaborations. My point is that there isnt alot of depth, and after M2M not only is it a mature step for them, but it also shows people that they dont just do the same thing over and over.

handthatfeeds_25

handthatfeeds_25 Well-Known Member

It sounds so lame when people give these "Wha wha wha , I want the old LP back , wha wha wha" speeches.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I sure as hell don't want another HT but I still don't feel SOTD as much as other songs on the album.

arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

i dont want "old LP back" thats just stupid and childish

all i want is GOOD music from my favorite band

and this seems like a collage of 2007 mainstream pop/rock music

its just i was truly convinced they were going to bring something new and fresh to the table

Last edited: Sep 8, 2007
    Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

Exactly.

Arbaks, your kind of reaction would have been understandable had it been in reaction to, say, Metallica's St. Anger. They had a fairly large back catalog of albums that all had a similar sort of thrash-ish sound. So the fans were understandably pissed when they did St. Anger. But LP only have two previous full albums, so like jonedj82 said, their back catalog isn't that big or diverse.

If you don't like SOTD, then fine, that's your opinion. Let's just wait and see what the next album brings :)

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

As many others have said; things change, people change, therefore how and what people express artistically will obviously be very different.

Personally, it feels as though Minutes to Midnight is just the tip of the iceberg; merely a foreshadowing if you will, of what some call 'the new Linkin Park'. Their next album is gonna be epic.

arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

lets hope youre right...

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

i totally agree. they have discovered something, and are only just starting to realise their potent musical talent. just sit and wait until the next one comes out and listen...in awe

steve12

steve12 Well-Known Member

It also sounds lame when people think they are better than others because MTM is so good. MTM sucks, old LP rocks, if anyone has a problem with that then tough. I'm sick of all the "yeah they've changed, they have grown up now and so have I" speeches, it's as if they think there better than others because they support the band with the music they produce.
    I've never seen a band change as much as LP have with MTM, yes it's as if they are a completly different band, but change does not mean good. Everything that was great about LP which has been mentioned over and over has now completly been killed with MTM.
    They are a different band, they have decided to write what they want now apparently, because it seemed the nu-metal tag and the media were holding them back before.
    To say LP have talent with MTM I feel they could of done a whole lot better, and recently hearing the bully soundtrack defender of the castle which sounded exactly like Given Up (which is my fav song) just makes me hate the album more. I can't force myself to like the album just because it's LP. LP have changed and I suggest I stay the same.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007