Julien K Talk "Dead By Sunrise"

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

In a recent interview with Ultimate-Guitar.com, Ryan and Amir of Julien K talked about Chester's participation in the making of their upcoming album Death To Analog, as well as all their involvement in Chester's side-project Dead By Sunrise.

Ryan: "He (Bennington) came in and was basically working for Julien K when this thing was kind of in its nucleus stage. He was sort of teaching me and coaching me to sing and giving me the confidence to actually be a singer because in Orgy I wasn't a lead singer. This was kind of a nebulous group of people creating and writing music and he was sort of part of that group and one day he walked in with an acoustic guitar and he goes 'Hey I want you guys to record my side project.' And Amir and I looked at each other and we were like 'That's awesome. O.K. That's a great opportunity to work with Chester, who is our favorite singer in the world."

Ryan then elaborated about the differences between Julien K and Dead By Sunrise;

"It turned into literally in a few days Julien K became Chester's band Dead by Sunrise so we literally stopped our record and recorded a record with Chester which is complete. Of course, the reason that didn't come out is because you have the Linkin Park record in front of it. There was a little bit of back up in timing and complications but basically Julien K is two bands. With Chester singing it's Dead by Sunrise and when I sing it's Julien K. Julien K is decidedly a bit more Electro but Dead by Sunrise a little bit heavier, a little bit more rocky and it's still got, Chester loves Electro music and he loves what we're doing."

Julien K plans to complete the recording of their new album by the end of 2007, while Dead By Sunrise's album is still believed to see the light of day sometime in 2008.

Source: Ultimate Guitar

Thanks to Roxas!

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

hopefully the DBS album will be released in the spring time; I don't think I can wait any longer for it.

as for Julien-K, I think they are truly an overlooked band; I didn't care for them at all, but saw them during the PR tour this year and was blown away. will be a great album as well.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

The comment about Dead By Sunrise being heavy made me pretty excited. Julien-K is by no means soft and reading that Julien-K thinks Chester's record is heavier is awesome.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Having a name like "Dead by Sunrise" implies the band's going to be heavy. I don't expect balls-to-the-wall metal or anything like that, but I do at least expect the album to be heavier than Minutes to Midnight's heavier moments.

INK12Many

INK12Many Well-Known Member

Wow one group, two singers=create two bands awesome!!!
    im just excited when they said heavier, i figured his band was goin to be soft and acoustic, but i guess that was the "old" name but now im like YESS

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Sweeeeeett :D

Sounds good to me, I reckon they can drop DBS as soon as MTM falls out of the top 30 really.

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

Likewise, end of the year would be good. Though I honestly wouldn't mind that much if they pushed it back to first/second quarter of next year.

This "heavier" side definitely has definitely perked my interest in DBS.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

i like julien-k's new songs from "death to analog". sounds like an album worth buying, definitely. as for dead by sunrise, i don't know much about the sound other than what's been said and that's not really enough to really perk my interest. but i'm looking forward to it, nonetheless. ;)

maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

ah yes! So lemme get this straight..Chester is featured on Julien K's new album, so we dont have to wait to hear new solo Chester music? Anyone know what song hes featured in? And i wanna hear Dead by Sunrise!!! lol..i want an early preview! Knowing now that it's gonna be heavy, makes me happy! Especially with what kind of heavy we heard on "Minutes to Midnight" on "Given Up".

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

he is featured on their album? if any song, I figure "Technical Difficulties", because when playing at PR, Chester came out and screamed the "WE ARE" parts.... and in the "studio song", it sounds like him, but I could be wrong.

maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

well im HOPING Chester's on the album, lol.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

That's awesome! I'm excited!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2007
    esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I could have sworn it was said before that Dead by Sunrise was supposed to be a soft group (look at the song Let Down).

I am rather pleasantly surprised that it is supposed to be heavier.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Damn, I'm really excited for DBS now! after a long period of nothing, with got a bit more news. I seriously can't wait to hear the album versions of 'Morning after' & 'let down' & all the other tracks we haven't heard!

& It'll be out in 2008 after all!!! :D

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

WOO GO ME lol i check UG a LOT.

cant wait for DBS to drop

Jalie

Jalie Antebellum Cecity

I think they won't release this album before the end of 2008. I reckon early 2009, remember LP is touring around the world, what can take forever. And Chester surely will do promotional stuff, which will cost a few months at well.
    Not sure, not sure...

Misi

Misi Well-Known Member

i'm really looking forword to listen to both albums, i think they'll kick ass :)

Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

I wonder what sort of genre is Dead By Sunrise, good news to hear that we'll hear some heavier things off the album.

iBleedInPieces

iBleedInPieces New Member

chester's album has been delayed for way too long! it's time to release it already. i'm growing anxious for it! come on chester!!!!

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

Doesn't the Julien K remix of Morning After describe this perfectly?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.