Shadow Of The Day... a single?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by arbaks, Sep 7, 2007.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Nobody who likes MTM thinks they're better than anybody else. I just think some of us are getting sick and tired of hearing the same tired ass complaining that's been done since the album leaked in April. Some people have a real hard time accepting the fact that this album was made... and they didn't like it. Then you have to hear the whole "I waited four-years, boo-hoo,"
    nonsense like LPs next album is the only thing they're looking forward to.
    It's simple, if you don't like the album... go listen to something else. LP is far from the best band around and there are plenty of other things we can discuss
    than this stupid shit over, and over again.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

You really need to broaden your musical horizons if you think LP's change on Minutes to Midnight was the biggest change in a one album span by any band ever. I've seen far more drastic changes happen.

steve12

steve12 Well-Known Member

It's the fact that nobodys right, it's all opinion. To be honest I love music, its a big part of my life, not my life but a big part of it, and LP can sometimes mean alot to people, so seeing your favourite band drastically change like that can be upsetting. For me I just listen to other stuff, like you say, just seems strange to me, after all these years of loving there music then MTM comes along and I just don't seem interested anymore.

I don't really need to because it's the fact that I HAVE never seen a band change so much, your just twisting my words, I never said any band ever, besides i'm not using change as an excuse to dislike the album, I just think the music is poor.

Tim

Fair enough. It is just an opinion, and I really have no problem with people who criticize the album. The ones I do have a problem with are the ones who bring it up EVERY time some LP news comes out. Even something as trivial as a single release seems to bring out people who endlessly whine about MTM like
    everyone else didn't hear this the first million times they said it. Some people just have a hard time letting things go.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

enough said. :rolleyes:

cxerophim

cxerophim Member

As someone mentioned earlier, this whole topic is just a matter of opinion. If you liked LP's old stuff, then stick with their old stuff or find some new bands to whet your appetite; and on the same token, if you like their new stuff then keep an ear out for their next releases. In any event, I am a fan of both the band and the music (mostly the latter) and I'll support LP in whatever endeavors they pursue, but that doesn't mean that you have to like all of the music they put out either. In all honesty, Shadow of the Day is not one of the songs I would have chosen as a single (especially over songs like In Pieces and No Roads Left) but as someone else said, the band doesn't necessarily have a great deal of control when it comes to studio releases, so... I think one of the dj's on my local radio said it best though when it aired the other night. He said, "it's nice to know that a band like Linkin Park can be diverse enough to put out a slow single and still rock out loud" ;)

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I do think Shadow Of The Day is probably the weakest song on MTM... that or Valentine's Day. Both songs are quite limp in my opinion. Either of those should have been left off and maybe replaced with a harder song, which would've made it a better rounded album.

Tim

I would have left off "Leave Out All the Rest" myself (I actually like SOTD and Valentines Day). I agree, though, two or more heavy songs and this album would have been more cohesive.

The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

Personally, I didnt really like SOTD. Maybe it just hasnt grown on me yet, I dont know. I would of rather they released No More Sorrow.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

You know, i never thought I was that into SOTD, but it actually seems to be stuck in my head a lot of the time now that I think about it.

HybirdMetMinute

HybirdMetMinute New Member

I think SOTD is a good song. Although i think it is weak, linkin park had no choice whatsoever, they don't choose the singles, Warner does. So people that are bitching that LP chose this, now u know they didn't. LOATR would have been a better choice, to me atleast. Also people bitching about the whole new sound needs 2 get off these threads. LP has matured and if stuck up enough to not grow up with em, then move on, go to someone else. We don't need your bitching about it here, We are positive people who like it. I think after I've read about 120 posts about how they disbanded nu-metal and west to pop rock are deathly wrong. The new album just shows that they dont wanna do the same thing over and over again, it gets old playing it over and over again.

Ok there is my two cents from the peanut gallery :lol:

Radish

Radish Guest

I think SOTD deserves to be a single, but i can't decide between it and LOATR. They're both just so outstanding and different from other music you hear today like on the radio and on TV. Most of it anyway.
    Shadow would be great as a single though cos it's got the guitar solo... i dunno... it kinda just fits to be a single to me.