Shadow of The Blog

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

you all might think this is fubar but i had a dream a few days ago. i was brad delson and i was playing guitar on a beach with the band. The beach was deserted and we were playing SOTD and facing the sea. I was colour blind (?lol? ya) and there was fog all around us. There was a large cliff behind us, almost 90 degrees upward and while we played the song we could hear yelling at the top of the cliff. Turns out, there was a house right near the cliff and there was a dude fighting with his girlfriend (uh oh lol). Just before I/brad played the solo, his girl left the house and stole his car.lol The dude jumped of the cliff and i just finished the first solo in the song. It all went quiet and this dude is falling down the side of the cliff (lol must be emo) then i looked up and he was just abut to fall on me. I played the solo and he started going in reverse - back up the mountain. I stopped playing and the dude returned to falling so the band and i finished the song. While we were playing he was going in reverse, or back in time - but everything he done wrong, he now fixed.
    dont say its retarded or whatever cuz its a dream lol. im so hyper right now lol i had to let it out.

JoMe

JoMe Well-Known Member

This looks very promising, at least way better than BIO. I'm very excited about this video.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

You have been told twice already not to use the word retarded or any racist/homophobic/discriminatory slurs on here and you don't stop. We do not allow that here! Please refrain from saying such statements again in the future or face the consequences!

Since you already have 2 out of 3 points for THE SAME offense I am allowing you off with a final warning. It seems you have been told this before though yet refuse to learn, so I would recommend either following the rules for now on or your next warning will be your 3rd point (and your last).

[Tezzy-Tez]

[Tezzy-Tez] Well-Known Member

You cant show anything but love and hugs for Gerard Way either, that equates to a warning aswell since he may aswell be a fucking ethnic minority now.

In other news:

From a screen shot you're all going I can tell the video is going to be like this and I think it'll be like that.

Urm.. it's a screenshot, chill out,

You're all getting way too aroused by the thought of this video, all anybody knows is that it has a burning car in it, nothing else.

Derek

I have no clue what you are trying to imply by the Gerard Way bit of your post. Honestly.

Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

Sweet. Cant Wait...that was the best part of my day..

[Tezzy-Tez]

I made a comment that was unfriendly about Gerard Way before the myspace broadcast show I think it was and because it vaugly broke your code of conduct you gave me a warning over it.
    Now I'm sure if I made a comment of the same nature about something other than Gerard Way and it was a first offence as it was, I would not of had the point taken from me.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Your unfriendly comment was calling him "gay" which is against the rules. It has nothing to do with the fact it was Gerard Way, you can't go around here calling people gay.

I can't fucking stand MCR and I still wouldve given you the warning for that post, but one of the other staff beat me to it.

[Tezzy-Tez]

Yes but it was a first offence and usually such a "warning" would be preceeded by a verbal (in a sense) warning telling me that I am not to do that and in future I will be given a formal warning by decucting a point from me.

But instead you were right in at the throat with an official warning. Now its your site and you may run it how you wish but the point I'm trying to make is that you were so quick to the trigger because the comment was about Gerard Way and you were over sensitive to the issue since it wasn't the first time it'd happened.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

It had NOTHING to do with it being Gerard Way. You could've called someone as evil as Osama bin Laden gay and you still would've received the exact same warning for the exact same reason.

Derek

Todd is right Tezzy. Stop trying to debate the warning you received because you failed to read the rules initially when you joined. It had nothing to do with the fact it was Gerard Way, and quite frankly? If you had spent the time to review the rules before posting you would've known it had to do with the fact you said 'gay' in a post which isn't allowed to begin with.

I did not jump down your throat with a warning, I enforced the rules. Only reason colonel got a break here is due to the fact that he is one warning away from losing his membership here, so please stop passing accusations when you have absolutely no way of proving they are true.

[Tezzy-Tez]

Okay whatever, I believe otherwise but you're the mod and whether it was or it wasn't is irrelevent now....
    lets get back on topic...

I had a feeling this video was going to have a winter like feel... apparantly not.

I didn't intend the comment to be homophobic, I thought it'd be a light hearted play on words to call him it and I believed that's how you saw it too but were being over sensitive due to who the comment was about... apparantly not,
    Well I'll be honest, I did not read the rules before I posted and was unaware that the use of the word in any sense was not tolerated so I hold my hands up.
    I wasn't just trying to cause trouble, I was trying to make a point which I feel I've made but which you have responded to accordingly and made clear the facts of.
    There'll be no more about it.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
    Derek

You can believe otherwise, but all its going to do is just make you harbor false unneeded anger towards me over something that isn't true. It was YOU who assumed it had to do with MCR, so let me tell you something: Up until about 2 years ago I used to totally detest the band and think they were just another whiny rock group that wouldn't go anywhere. That was until I gave their music a chance and realized I was going with what everyone said instead of forming my own opinion which is that the man can truly sing.

Now tell me, if I'm a fanboy for Gerard would I have thought he was annoying for a couple of years? You have the wrong idea entirely and need to drop it.

[Tezzy-Tez]

Did you not read the rest of my post?
    I concurred that what I believed was incorrect because you'd set the record straight and I said I'd not say any more about the whole thing.
    You were right and I was wrong.
    I dont harbor any anger towards you, I simply made a joke about the incident to which you asked what I meant by it, which I explained, which you put the record straight on showing I was in fact in the wrong to which I accepted.

Why did you just pick out a minute part of my post and choose to carry on the argument based on it?

Read all my post again, I actually want to put this to bed now it's pointless and get back on topic.

Derek

Please accept my apology, but it seemed as if you were coming at me for warning Colonel due to the fact that you were warned over a similar comment not too long ago. I see now that all of this was all a big misunderstanding and therefore I agree to put this all behind us and get back on topic. Thank you for taking the time to clear things up.

My Violent Heart

My Violent Heart Transmissions echoing away.

Honestly, has anyone ever owned Derek or Todd? :lol:
    And dude, there's no need to start so much shit over a warning. I remember getting a warning over using the word "retarded" on my first day here. It just means you were a bit ignorant like me. Seriously, let it off.

Anyways, this video seems really interesting.
    ...I mean, as long as it won't involve humping burning cars or anything.
    I kid, I kid.

[edit] - I probably did not understand the argument over the post thoroughly, so forgive me if I have said anything wrong.

[Tezzy-Tez]

*wipes brow*

I could do with a drink after that :blink:

I'll take a guess and say this video will be similar to Numb,
    the band performing with a running storyline, or maybe more than one storyline like Where'd You Go... just a guess, who knows at this point.

My Violent Heart

My Violent Heart Transmissions echoing away.

Grab a Snickers. :)

Ehh, i agree more with the Numb concept. This video looks like it has more of a cinematic storyline, unlike WYG.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

It's gonna be something with war and shit with band dressed up as soldiers and shooting eachother

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Hey it has explosions and miltary/police just like my concept!! AWESOME!! I hope there is a terrific story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.