Leave Out All The Rest

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by EagleMorph, Aug 24, 2007.

EagleMorph

EagleMorph Well-Known Member

While all of the Minutes to Midnight songs seem to have multiple meanings, even the Hurricane Katrina influenced "The Little Things Give You Away," after watching the Myspace broadcast of Projekt Revolution, I think we have at least one meaning for the band for "Leave Out All The Rest".

During the show, Chester introduced a group of US Marines and thanked them for their service just before the song. The song is perfect for a soldier longing for home during the horrors of war.

It probably has multiple meanings, but considering how structured their shows are, it seems logical that the above is one meaning.

Just like "Papercut" is dedicated to the faithful fans, yenno?

Fear

Fear Well-Known Member

The meaning of Leave Out All The Rest is not for soldiers. This is what Chester said about the song

Chester: We knew this was going to be a single from the very beginning, so we worked really hard on making sure it had great lyrics. I'm singing 'Pretending someone else can save me from myself' during it because it's supposed to feel like an apology letter, as though i'm moving on but i want people to remember the good things and not the bad things. A lot of the song is about humility

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

So it's almost confirmed as a single then, now what's that last one gonna be?

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Not exactly. That quote was taken from an issue of Kerrang that was out many
    weeks before MTM even hit shelves. Plus Warner picks the singles, so even if they want it to be a single doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

hmmm i'm not sosure now about it becoming a single. i can see them releasing either given up or no more sorrow after shadow of the day

Fear

Fear Well-Known Member

I actually hope they don't release it as a single because I love the song and I don't want to see it all over TRL and pop radio, you KNOW that will happen.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

i've been saying the exact same thing for so f**king long ... :D like, since i first heard it. i also said the same thing about "breaking the habit" way back ...

Fear

Fear Well-Known Member

Actually, when I had just the leak rip of it, all my friends were like ''I can see that on the radio someday'' and I was like ''NOOO!!! That would destroy the song completely!''. :D On a more serious note, I don't want it to be. At. All. Lol.

Mr.Uchiha

Mr.Uchiha New Member

eather way Leave out all the rest is one of the best on MTM

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

What's so bad about having it released as a single anyways?

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I really want it as a single TBH. And No More Sorrow as well.

Radish

Radish Guest

Agreed. It's a fantastic song and shouldn't be publicized otherwise it might get smothered by teenies... or something.

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

You guys have to think of the band, they need singles that do better so they can make more money. LOATR would be an excellent choice in this mindset.

Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

Not to mention popularity. A lot of artists usually pick some of their greatest and suitable singles off the album to attract new fans, cash in some money and also generally improve the album's appearance to the public. :sleep:

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Exactly.

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

^^ Iz what I say.

Hopefully, it has a cool vid though.

LpHDFan

LpHDFan Well-Known Member

I'd prefer TLTYGA to be released, and this is one of the songs that could be really big, although I prefer LOATR, it will be better for LP's image. It would mostly be a different audience. All those people who like Classic Rock and are unaccepting of LP's style may stop bagging them for not taking as much risks as they can, as well as the fact thay do not like LP's style of music.

Fear

Fear Well-Known Member

Hands Held High should be a single.

the enigma

the enigma The Routine Scar

You know, LP doesn't give too many explanations of their songs and what they mean, and I think that's for a reason. It just seems like it would really suck if they came out and said, "Hey, (Insert Song Title Here) was written because my cat pissed on the floor." It best to take into account what they say, but come up with your own conclusions.

Leave Out All The Rest, to me, is about someone who feels like they have done nothing but wrong, and hope that one day they will leave behind something good. Something that will truly over shadow the wrong they've done, and make them a good person, at least in one person's eyes.

For me, it just seems like they have one person in the world that they trust and returns that trust, but they feel like they are letting that person down.

And if any member of LP comes out with an explanation, that explanation will belong to them, and it's up to you to come up with your own.

pugofdoom

pugofdoom Well-Known Member

Omg! that was my show! :D
    In Detroit!