Shadow of the Day Video Premiere

Discussion in 'News' started by Astat, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Teenie much? :lol:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
    Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

The clock theory makes me appreciate the vid a little more, but how many people are actually gonna take the theory into account?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
    moniku

moniku Well-Known Member

Even before I saw that theory, I simply thought Minutes to Midnight with the clock, and of course that all ties in with it. As for the video, I like it.

It has a good flow and I like the direction it took. At least for me, it was good enough to fill in for the disappointment of Bleed it Out. I found it a bit weird that the rest of the band didn't make an appearance, but then asked myself where they would actually come in during the song. Seeing Chester almost nude in the beginning almost made me laugh, but in a good way. I also made this "OH YES" right when I saw the car explode. :lol:

Minus

I for one think the video is pretty badass, even with the sound effects. They don't detract from the song when I watch it.

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

oh my god Joe thank you

so much better than BIO

go Chester

kev_

kev_ Well-Known Member

Basically I see this as FTI 2. Not too impressive but not terrible

Version One

Version One Well-Known Member

much better than bleed it out. it was pretty good.

Minus

If it was FTI 2 we'd be looking at another kid going super saiyan. :lol:

Paperku7

Paperku7 Banned

you can really tell they wanted this video to be epic. it shows.

no, this video should NOT have been for "No More Sorrow". song fits the music nicely.

about the sound effects: this is a music video people. its a visual interpretation to experience the music in another sense. the fact that sfx were used to enhance the usual boring track laid over video shot is a sign that much thought was put into this. hats off to hahn and the directing team.

only 2 minor gripes i have is:
    1. when the soliders marched, maybe that could have been set to the beat of the music. the beat of them marching is kind of distracting.
    2: maybe the film should have been slowed down, to give a more dramatic feel? (think papercut/in the end/SIB). i also would have liked to see the band, maybe just for a brief moment (especially brad doing the solo). but i do see where that would have taken away from the feel of the video.

i like the story line. but the effort for the video was quite unexpected, and if you ask me, needed due to the lack of time spent on BIO (which had much more exciting video potential then SOAD In my opinion).

4/5 Stars. GJ hahn!

PS please comment/bash me. the boards are too calm nowadays :p

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Overall, a good video, but it felt like it was kind of dragging..it's hard for me to explain, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Imo, I feel like the video needed just a tad extra Oomph to it.

On a side note..I want a cheesy lookin' video filled with symbols etc, comparable to something like In The End in the near future. =D

Zer0

Zer0 Member

My favorite Linkin Park music video so far. Its almost like a mini movie.

lpcrawling

lpcrawling Active Member

Pretty good vid, but the song didn't really fit the video as well as FTI fit its video. Also...Chester put a shirt on man.....

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Totally disagree with you on that one. The point of the audio portion of a music video is to portray the song. The video is merely a visual interpretation of the song, not a soundtrack to an already existing song. The usage of sound effects in this video is very distracting (something you pointed out in your first gripe concerning the marching), and takes away the focus from the most important part of this video: the song.

After all, they're trying to sell a song and an album, not a movie or DVD, right?

Minus

They sell the song by making people think, "Man, I bet that song would be SO kick-ass if there was no background noise!" :lol:

INK12Many

INK12Many Well-Known Member

coughs

and thats what i did
    here!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=NUQjnrn--Vw

Minus

I've seen it already, when you posted it the FIRST time.

I'm not saying I dislike the version with sound effects, if you would have read my post earlier I specifically stated otherwise. I was just being funny with my comment. :lol:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

yeah, it could've done without some of that noise.

all i gotta say about this video is ... i don't like the starting sequence (chester looks like he's naked in the first couple of shots, man) and i don't like the final shot. other than that, it's pretty much alright. ;)

lpeinstein

lpeinstein Active Member

The video gave me the feeling from 'Children of Men'. The whole walking in a city waiting to blow up. And like the movie several scenes did. Although the video was a bit off-beat for me, (miss the obvious video to lyrics type mood) I do enjoy the thoughtful processes this video does.

Jammist

Jammist Well-Known Member

Its ok...something about it just made it seem less fluid to me than their other videos. Plus there were points where I just thought the "all hell is breaking loose" theme was getting overplayed. The sound fx were annoying to me as well. I know what water and marching sounds like already...
    Chester chillin in just his briefs is not the most appealing thing to me either...but I guess some people dig that.

Overall, in my opinion, its better than BIO but not as good as WID. Maybe it will grow on me?

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

I actually really like it, even with the sound effects. But it's a little weird not seeing the rest of the band at all.

Unfortunately, I can see alot of teenies only liking it for a half-nude Chester :lol:.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.