Critical Sevenfold

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Friskey™, Aug 20, 2007.

Jawsome

Jawsome Well-Known Member

I think I'm in the same boat as most of you guys. A7X and Trivium used to be my two favorite bands basically. I love Waking the Fallen, and City of Evil was really great right away, but after about 6 months began to bore me and I eventually stopped listening to it. When Trivum released The Crusade, I found a few songs on there I liked, but the rest just isn't my bag, whereas I pretty much liked ALL of Ascendancy. Ascendancy got me into metal basically, it's one of my favorite albums of all time. Just sucks to see both of these bands change their music dramatically. I can atleast depend on AILD, they haven't let me down yet and they are 3 albums into it. Each one seems to get better :).

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Ah I don't reckon they're too cheesy, thats one amazing song.

I'm with you on it being one of the best since 2000, easily.

Jawsome

Gunslinger is........pretty good. :O

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

The new album is better than City of Evil and quite possibly my favorite album by them. It's got a lot of variation and a lot of experimentation and I love that in albums.

I admit, after I heard the 30sec samples from the CD, I thought it was going to be terrible. It sounded bland and uninteresting, but hearing the songs in full has changed my mind.

Favorite Tracks: Brompton Cocktail, A Little Piece of Heaven, Dear God, and Afterlife

Jawsome

I like a few tracks I guess. I don't think it's as good as City of Evil. I do think the intro to Lost is epic though. The rest of the song maybe not so much. Could still grow on me I guess.

Edit - why did they have to use all of those vocal effects in Lost??? Song would have been so much better.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
    silve2

silve2 Banned

I.LOVE.THIS.CD.PERIOD. :lol:

I wasn't a fan of these guys at all. I mean I seriously hated their stuff.
    Now, I'm like, the biggest fan evaaaaaaaaaaaaa! lol.

THE CD IS AMAZING. IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD IT, GO LISTEN! (w00t)

DarkTrauma

DarkTrauma Member

That wasn't bad. I believe Waking The Fallen is their best album still, but this does look promising.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I listened to the album, and I listened to it again.

It's fucking shit. I hate it. They tried doing way too much. And the vocals? STILL fucking horrible. He's singing through his nose, and I hate that.

Jawsome

I think my favorites are Gunslinger and Brompton Cocktail. Afterlife got old after 5 or 6 listens, Lost is catchy but I absolutely despise the vocal effects. This album lacks lasting appeal for sure. Pretty disappointing overall.

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

He's still singing City of Evil style? Fuck. I'll have to download this when I get home and at least give it a listen.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

It wouldn't be so bad if he was singing the same way he was on Sounding the Seventh Trumpet and Waking the Fallen, but he changed the way he sings, so he sounds like a gross, male version of Shania Twain, singing through his nose. It's horrible, and that's really what makes me hate all the new Avenged Sevenfold. I mean, his vocals in "Walk" were awesome, and I can't figure out why he doesn't sing that way.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Truth be told, I would think the best comparison to this album would be like the Eighteen Visions S/T record. Harder sound back in the day, that's all but much completely gone from the record with this album.

monkey030306

monkey030306 Well-Known Member

the new A7X is def my album of 2007... sorry LP... (they are in different levels). the album is a compilation of greatness. i can't stop listening to it... and not now when i am going to see them live in two days in NYC!!!! the best!

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Aaah I still haven't gotten around to buying it!