Got Something You Want To Let Out Part 2

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Todd, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'm a little late, but I think you're one of the best people I've ever met, and I surely won't judge you for what you do in your spare time, as it's none of my business. I will say, however, I've got the utmost respect for you for telling everyone something you didn't have to tell anyone. It takes a lot of courage to come out and admit something like that — and I'll admit, I thought you were going to admit you were gay, but that's me being presumptuous.

It's no secret not everyone has the sexy sauce Derek has, but it's okay to feel that way, really. I mean, I never get compliments in real life on how I look — I rarely ever got comments about it from either of my two girlfriends, which is why I post so many pictures here. It makes me feel good to read comments like the ones I get. It should make you feel good when you get similar comments, as well — and I know you do. I've seen the comments your pictures get.

Anyways, as Derek said, maybe it's time you received a makeover. Now, obviously, I'm not talking about a bikini wax and facial reconstructive surgery. New clothes help a lot, and dressing confidently will definitely help even more. I won't lie: wearing "expensive" (as in, not from, say, Walmart) clothing makes you feel good about yourself, to the point where you're not going to care what other people think about you. All that's going to matter is you feel you look good.

As far as I'm concerned, you're Time's Person of the Year for admitting what you did. Not many people admit to something like you did unless they're caught off-guard by someone they didn't know was home. To admit it without any prior conviction or being forced to admit it makes you that much better, whether you think it does or not. Your family life might be rough, but you'll be a better person for it, I know it. The struggles of life are what make us all who we are when we're older.

If it makes you happy and makes you feel good about yourself, I say keep doing it, until you find other things which make you happy and make you feel good about yourself. I'm not saying you should use it as a crutch to make yourself happy, but if it helps and keeps you from doing something stupid, by all means, keep doing it. Gradually "ween" yourself from doing it, though. Next time you find yourself doing it, smack yourself in the face and say, "No, I've got to find something else." It won't work every time, but eventually, you'll finally get it right.

That's my two cents. You're a great guy, a great friend, and you've got more respect from me than I give some of my own friends. We don't know each other well, but that doesn't matter. I feel like we're a lot closer now.

After all, how could someone think you're gay when you've proclaimed Kristen Bell your future wife? :lol:

2. Bleed-It-Out

Bleed-It-Out Well-Known Member

Im so sick of the rain!!!!!!!

3. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

You in Sydney by any chance?

One of my mates told me today he's considering asking her to the formal...

4. Bleed-It-Out

Bleed-It-Out Well-Known Member

Newcastle :)

5. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Same thing, Sydney is gonna swallow Newcastle soon enough :p

6. Radish

Radish Guest

:eek:!!!

YOU HAVE TO ASK HER FIRST!

You can do it, Man! She's important to you!

7. Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Kevin!! I'm so proud of you that you've finally got that off your chest! :hug:

8. Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

Kevin, hun, i'm happy that you could get that off your chest :hug: I'm proud of you for doing that, I never could have confessed something like that. I told you people would accept it. You're too awesome for people to shun you over something like that <333

9. Linja

Linja Good. Be magnanimous. Über Member

Kevhon, I'm very proud of you for letting that out. You're an amazing person, nothing could change that. :hug:. I'm proud to call you my friend.

10. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

It's weird. My grandma died yesterday and it was jjust weird how it happend.
    My sister calls from the mental hospital at like 6 am and ask my mom whats wrong. nothing was wrong then.. then i was reading IT by stephen king and like 3 seconds after i read the line "And Eddie thought about taht as he died" my mom gets a phone call, from my dads sister saying my dads mom is dying. Then when i finish the book like 20 mins later my dads sister calls back and says my grandma is dead.. and then on the begining of NCIS at night GIBS appears to be dead.. so yeah that was a weird day.

11. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I don't know how to take that really. If everyone seriously thinks I'm that attractive then they do a good job hiding it. I realized that nobody comments on my pics anymore, but it's likely because they're scared Andrea will hunt them down and gut them like a pig if they go too far. :lol:

As for Kevin, being metro sexual doesn't necessarily mean plucking your eyebrows, having very clear skin and doing your hair up as there's different levels to it. A metrosexual by definition is the following:

metrosexual (met.roh.SEK.shoo.ul) n. An urban male with a strong aesthetic sense who spends a great deal of time and money on his appearance and lifestyle.

In laymens terms it's a guy who cares about his appearance and therefore purchases things to help him achieve his goal of 'looking good'. This can mean anything from just wearing nice clothes, to doing your hair up, making sure your eyebrows don't become one (LOL) and putting skin products on your face to have a clear complexion. I will admit that I am guilty of all of the above, but until I become like this guy:

http://wwwimage.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother7/images/guests/bio_will.jpg
    (Will from Big Brother 2).

...I don't believe I have anything to worry about.

Simply put, you have a job right Kevin? Go to King Of Prussia Mall (since you live in PA) and spend some cash on yourself. Buy some nice shit and pimp it out in some pictures for the ladies!

12. Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I love making $7.15 an hour at a job I've been working for three years. I make minimum wage still and I've been at this place loyally for three years. I have missed maybe 5 days of work in that three years and do I get any kind of reward for that? Of course not. I work Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday and end up having to clean up an entire bowling alley everytime I work. What doesn't help is that the general public doesn't realize that I have 40 lanes to clean and It's not my job to make sure you walk the 5 ft. behind you to throw your goddamn garbage away. I work until at least 11:00 PM every night I work and on Thursdays I work til 1:00 AM and on Fridays I work until 2:00 AM. I only make 100$ a week, sometimes 120$ if I'm lucky.

I guess what really bothers me is the fact that I'm getting paid less than other people and doing twice the work. One of my managers, Kim, doesn't do jack shit and in the 3 years I've been there, I have never once seen her clean a single table though she loves ordering everyone else around to do everything. I know she's a manager and isn't required to do cleanup but it'd be nice to help because I'm only one fucking person and you can't expect me to clean an entire bowling alley by myself and have it look good without it taking hours. Not to mention on Thursdays, I have to stock the bar for the bartender, while working the front counter and then I have to fill the ice for the waitress halfway through the night, refill the paper towel in the restrooms, make sure the lanes are running right, and then clean up (which includes cleaning tables and monitors, sweeping the tile, vacuuming, cleaning the bathrooms, and cleaning the bar)

Granted I don't have a very hard job on the surface, because no one realizes what goes with the job. I work the front counter handing out lanes, handling leagues, calling mystery, cleaning the bowling alley, stocking the bar, etc... but if you were to stop by and see me during open bowling, I'm usually not doing anything because my job doesn't REALLY start until after you leave. What I really love is when customers (especially league bowlers) yell at me because their lane broke down and it's not fixed instantly. A lot of people don't realize that the mechanics in the back have 40 fucking lanes to deal with and if another call was ahead of yours, you don't get first priority.

Oh and as a side note: If you get pissed when you're bowling, do NOT hit the monitor because some asshole did that on one of the leagues I work and broke the monitor. They cost at least 500$ to replace.

13. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I was more commenting on how confident you are about your looks. That's what it takes, confidence. You could be the grossest dude on two feet, but if you're confident, no one cares. That's what makes someone sexy.

Not saying anyone here's the grossest dude on two feet or anything. Just a metaphor.

14. Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Yeah, I wish I could have your confidence when I dress in regular clothes there, Derek. That's one of the reasons why I "dress up", cause it makes me feel like something.

15. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

It takes some balls to come out & say something like you did Kevin, and I think you're one hell of a guy for doing so. Who gives a shit what you do in your own life? You're still the same person you've always been and there's a reason you're voted favorite member year in, year out. Hell, we all do shit we probably keep secret & don't tell people, I mean I didn't want to do this again, but you've made me do it! Look at this shit! Now that's some fucked up shit from 3/4 years ago & I guaran-damn-tee I'll wear my best friends mothers underwear again if I got the chance because I'm just that fucked up! lol

Seriously mate, don't worry about it. You're one of the best people on these boards and we're always here for you. :thumbsup:

16. Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Hahahaha I remember that picture, you send it to me one time and I think it's still on my computer in Holland actually. :lol:

17. Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

:lol:!

Thanks, man.

18. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

LMFAO! :lol:!!!!!!!

Joe you fucking nutter. :lol:

19. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Actually here's a confession for all of you: Before I started dating Andrea I wasn't that confident at all. Dating her has made me strive to look better and dress more attractively because she makes me feel better about myself.

Just like with you Kevin. When you had that girl you stopped doing the other thing because it brought you that confidence. Maybe that's just what you need, a new love in your life =).

20. Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Kevin is Man of the Year :lol: Im voting for you in every single category at the next LPA Awards.

Anyway, like everyone said. Get some new clothes. It doesnt have to be expensive, i got my some shirts for 10€ each which isnt much but they look pretty neat and people say it. It doesnt have to be expensive, as long as it looks 'unique' and cool. Yknow, how the fuck do I explain something :lol: Something that wouldnt fit in your closet but looks cool enough to wear.

[a bunch of confidence words that everyone said already but I cant say it in my own words.]

But you're a great guy. You make me laugh everytime and you'll be fine :) Someone is out there and she'll make you happy. Maybe its not the time right now to go out and change your life in one day, but do it slowly. Get used to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.