UK tour 2008

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by JJ, Nov 8, 2007.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

Thu, 24 Jan
    Arena
    Nottingham, UK

Fri, 25 Jan
    Arena
    Sheffield, UK

Sun, 27 Jan
    MEN Arena
    Manchester, UK

Mon, 28 Jan
    The O2
    London, UK

Tue, 29 Jan
    The O2
    London, UK.

a general thread so people can disscuss the early '08 leg of Linkin Parks tour

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it think its pretty poor on LPs part tht they are missing out Scotland, Wales and Ireland. its more an 'English' tour than a UK tour. if it was me i'd play Dublin, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Manchester, Liverpool, Cardiff, Nottingham, Shefeild, London and maybe an extra date in London. then no one can complain then and everyone has a chance to see them without too much travelling.

i understand however LP are going to be very busy people right at this moment in time and they cant meet everyones needs. just a couple of extra nights wouldnt harm though, i dont think.

this 'digi souvenir pack' sounds interesting though. from what i've read its very similar to what LP where offering at PR. a really good idea IMO.

so who is going where?
    is everyone whos going excited? (probably a daft question :lol:)
    anyone applied for a 'meet n greet' pass?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
    Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I'm going to the London show with 4 friends and my bro. I'm terribly upset by it JJ, not looking forward to it at all. :lol:

JJ

me too.

im distraught by the fact that im going to Shefield :lol:

i hope Deans going to a gig otherwise it looks like its only going to be me and you in this thread!.. talking about how much we are not looking forward to it :mellow:

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I'll be at the Nottingham show. :thumbsup:

Luke

Dammit Joe, you ruined it all with the thumbsup. :lol:

JJ

yey :) we have another!! haha thats cool!

is it wrong that im 20 years old and all excited, like its christmas for like a 5 year old?

Steve

Steve Active Member

I'm going to Nottingham Sheffield and London! I figured I may as well do it properly as it'll be years before I get another chance to see them again :( I'm so excited though, I just hope the set is a bit varied over the three nights.

Beca

Beca Plug in baby.

I might go to Manchester, but i dunno if i should go or not, i've never been to a concert before so i'd be really worried lol.

SPACED

SPACED Well-Known Member

yep im goin to the manchester gig, loved it so much last time i have to go again! xD

oh btw, does anyone know if you can buy the digipack at the gig, cos i didnt know about it till my dad got the tickets today :(

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Go, it'll be the best night of your life.

Smarky

Smarky Well-Known Member

Date added: Tue, 29 Jan The O2 London, UK.

I'm really pissed with See tickets, I ordered, went to work, found the confirm email was actually blank, called see, order is not valid due to tech error, tried to reorder, tickets sold out. Really wanted standing tickets for Manchester. Have bought tickets for this new Tuesday date instead. Tuesday is a better day for me (need to travel via train), but hotel situation may be a problem.

Luke

So another London date has been added. Wow, that'll piss off alot of people in Wales and Scotland. :lol:

JJ

i know yeh :/

[edit]:

SPACED - are you on about the LP show in 2003 at Manchester MEN? 'cos that was amazing show. and im sure theres a way of buying the digi pack thing serpate - tm asked me if i wanted to like three days later in a new e-mail i got of them

Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
    Smarky

Smarky Well-Known Member

The people in Wales and Scotland will just need to travel, simple as. I don't know what the problem is. If you live somewhere like that, then it's expected. I live in Hereford, Cardiff is my closest Gig veneue and i'm having to travel to London, just get a train and a hotel or don't go. You have to expect that if you don't live in a real big city like that. Quit complaining.

Luke

I don't think it's a matter of not living in a big city. I think it's the fact that people living in Wales and Scotland (no matter where) wouldn't have to leave the country in order to go to the show. Say if someone wanted to see the show in Perth or Snowdonia, they've got a fucker of a journey to see the show whereas if the show was in their country, they might still have a bit of a journey but still a significantly shorter one than the England shows.

SPACED

SPACED Well-Known Member

yeah man, thats the gig, my december live, ooooh the memories lol, ahh thats reasurring then man, ill look outm for the mail, and if not, ill jus hope i can get it at the gig :)

JJ

i saw them twice in 03 - both times in Manchester. the first time was just before Meteora came out and tbh they were pretty average.. however the second time (after the bulk of meteora world tour) they blew me away at the MEN. damn it was a good show :)

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I doubt they'll mix up the set list to be honest. I'd love to see them at every venue too, but with work, college, money & LP potentially playing the same show, it hardly seems worth it. I'll just see the one, be more special that way anyway.

JJ

i was planning on going to every show .. so i envy you Steve :lol:

in early '03 LP played a few shows across the UK and if im not mistaken they played the same set for every show :s

WizzyKid

WizzyKid Well-Known Member

I'll definatly be going to the LP concert in Manchester, and hopefully get some floor tickets. This will be my first time seeing LP at a concert :D

Oh and the concert at Manchester (January 27th) is exactly a week after my birthday! :)