Got Something You Want To Let Out Part 2

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Todd, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

caffine usually solves that problem

2. Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

So yeah, this sucks.

I can hardly hang out with any of my old friends anymore because if I go over to see them, they'll ditch me to go smoke weed. They've done it before. Over the last month or so, one of my best friends, who was the first friend I made in band, got kicked out of the band for cussing out a staff member. Not only that, but he, along with about 11 band members, and another dozen people I know have been smoking. People I never could have imagined are smoking weed now. When I see them together, I don't have to guess what they're talking about. Whenever they go somewhere together, I don't have to guess what they're doing. Seriously, I don't know what to do. I've thought about ratting them out to someone in hopes of making them stop, but I think it's past that. I hate it.

Now, it's just me, my girlfriend, and a few sober friends that I'm thankful to have. They're just like me, though, and we're a lot closer now that we've lost the same people to that shit.

I dunno. I miss my friends.

3. Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

I thought you were getting better, dammit! :hug:

4. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Absolutely nothing wrong with smoking weed. I don't do it, but I'd never hold it against someone. Hell, it's more than likely safer than alcohol is....and ratting someone out for it is just dumb. If you don't want to hang out with them, fine, but don't go tell on them for doing something that's relatively harmless.

5. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I think his complaint is more along the lines of the fact that that's all they do anymore. I can understand that. A couple of my friends recently started doing it all the time and they pretty much never do anything besides that. Whenever they're available to hang out, they're too stoned to want to do anything. It's pretty annoying, actually. So I understand where he's coming from.

6. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

So, all my friends have just organised tables for the formal.
    And I'm not on them.
    WTF?

God I hate people.

I still wanna ask her, but the thing is, two of her friends have suggested that I don't, and only one has said I should.

God damn this.

7. aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

WHAT THE FUCK????

WE BOTH ADMITTED THAT WE LIKED EACH OTHER SO WHY THE FUCK IS HE BACK WITH ONE OF MY BESTFRIENDS?

8. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I for one hate the smell of weed, and I know if my friends ever got caught by the police doing it while I was with them...I would be arrested too even if I didn't have a joint in my hand, because I'd be guilty by association.

That's why I stopped hanging out with some people from Penske. They were all potheads.

9. Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I used to go to this place where alot of youngsters come and where gigs are being held and all, the place was nice but I got high everytime I went there just because the air was filled with weedfumes, I don't care about the smell I just hate being high so I stopped going there, plus the people were a bit mean...they're very rough to little people when being high. =.=

10. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Harmless? You're calling Weed harmless? From experience I know just how fucking harmful it can be.

When I was in school people started experimenting with Weed which I thought nothing of because at that age it's a time when you can get away with most things. The thing is though that gradually more and more people started taking on Weed and becoming regular joint smokers. This built up so much so that freindships in and around the school were coming together based on who smoked it and who could get it in regular supply. Not exactly the traditional way of making friends. The fact is that people were ditching their friends aswell because they didn't smoke Weed.

I thankfully prevented those lengths from reaching my group of friends because they were on course to be just like the others but I opened their eyes to the fact that we had like a brotherhood and it shouldn't be torn up and become dependant on Weed like the rest. The sad fact is that to some of these people out there, if you don't have Weed then you're not worth the time.

Weed also opens doors to experimentations with other drugs, and while willpower obviously plays a factor, people can get addicted to even worse things as a result. I've seen it happen first hand. My brother started off with Weed but it's eventually lead him to doing Cocain, E and he is also now addicted to Speed. He's a shell of his former self because of it. A lot of those people who took on Weed in my school have also moved on to much harder drugs. Fair enough the only flaws in Weed is that it can lower your thinking power and make you paranoid as hell, which when you look at the effects of alcohol in comparison are pretty small flaws, it's still a gateway for people to experiement with other drugs. Anyone with weak willpower shouldn't even be trying drugs.

Now to be honest I couldn't give a crap either way if people smoke weed but all I say is just don't let your entire life become dependant on it. I certainly wouldn't rat people out about it but I'd try my best to make people see that there's no point to doing Weed. You get a short term high with long term effects on yourself, it's not worth it.

One thing I will not except is Weed being branded as 'harmless' though.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  11. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Honestly, most of the people I know that ended up stoner burnouts, were
    already dumb-fucks in the first place. The weed only sped up the process a bit.

As far as whether its better for you than drinking. There's no question weed is better. Alcohol is responsible for tons of car-accidents, domestic disputes, etc.
    Weed actually has medicinal purposes and can help people. When my mother was dying of cancer, she would smoke weed to help her get her appetite back so she could actually eat. When it comes right down to it, unlike alcohol and tobacco, marijuana actually has redeeming qualities (besides pure alcohols use as a disinfectant). For that reason I think it should be legal (at least on a prescription basis).

P.S. In-case you're wondering, I don't use any drugs, so I'm not the biased type.

12. Messy Marj

Tomorrow I'm gonna take my key and go to this guy's car and scratch it real nice, but it's only because they're so fucking annoying playing loud 'music' right in front and we're both already having a headache.

13. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'm amazed how my father knows all my friends' families. He seriously grew up or went to school with nearly all of my friends' moms and dads and knows all their extended families.

The girl I'm crushing on is no exception. My grandfather and her grandfather were BUSINESS PARTNERS FOR 30 YEARS and had their own company which was well-known in my area.

FUCKING WEIRD.

14. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

So I asked her to formal, and she said yes.

She fucking said yes!!!

:D!!!
    Ah my God, I love this feeling of stupid-ridiculous levels of happiness.

15. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Sometimes I wish she wasn't such an emotional wreck.

But I still love her.

16. Arlene

Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god!

17. Messy Marj

What is it what is it what is it?

18. Arlene

Today!!! I'm going to see Josh, and I haven't seen him in a little over a month, and I'm spending the night, yayyy! (w00t)

19. Messy Marj

Aww, I know the feeling!! It's great! Have fun! ^_^

20. Arlene

Thank you!! :hug: I'm unbelievably excited to see him, :D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.