LPU 7 to Launch December 5th

Discussion in 'News' started by Astat, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'm beginning to wonder if Linkin Park controls their own fan club anymore.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

wooo live tracks! *sarcastic voice*

im thinking the same way as Will, i wonder..

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

I kinda hope not...

steve12

steve12 Well-Known Member

Anyone know what the live tracks are?

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I gotta be honest, I got a little excited when I heard LP rented a studio on their asian tour thinking that there was a good chance they might have been recording some new stuff for this years LPU. However if truth be told I was kinda expecting this. Someone pointed out before that LP only ever put new stuff on the LPU CDs when they're not touring full time and at the moment they are so it was to be expected.

I still think it's pretty shitty though, I'll still probably get it but only because of some of the benfits the LPA has to offer. Not because I want LPU shoelaces and want to be part of a forum community that's an absolute joke these days, but simply because I'm an LP fan.

One thing's for sure though, if we get live tracks next year then there'll be hell to pay. :lol:

steve12

steve12 Well-Known Member

Dude don't think you need to prove your an LP fan by joining the LPU next year, i'm 50/50 with renewingat the moment

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'm assuming it's whatever the top 10 most voted-for tracks on the LPU "Favorite Projekt Revolution tracks" poll was. Best Buy will have the fan packs again this year, so the tracklisting should leak any day now.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

One thing I'd like to point out about all this though is that yes it's very dissapointing, but the outcry has been an absolute joke. Some of the stuff I've seen people on various forums say is jusy ridiculous.

Although then again, hopefully whoever the hell was responsable for the LPU tracklisting will see this and think twice about repeating anything like this for future referance. Some live tracks with some B-sides is fine, a whole tracklisting of live tracks is just stupid.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

People have bitched incessantly about literally every LPU CD since 3.0. There's some people out there who actually for whatever reason expect LP to release a CD consisting entirely of new studio material every year for LPU...like that'll ever happen. I remember Will going absolutely apeshit over LPU 4.0, and that was actually one of the better ones. :lol:

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

I'll admit, I'm upset as most of you guys, but I'm gonna try to see some positivity to it. Like Lucas was saying, they can't release a b-side album every time the LPU comes around, they have lives and are busy as well as busy with touring, etc.

and what's not to say that they won't release b-sides like Fort Minor did.

I certainly won't be renewing right away, but down the road, I may, and this is the first year in the entire life of the LPU that I won't be signing up on the renew date :(

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I don't know about ya'll but imma rock my LPU shoelaces. [/sarcasm]

As much as I dislike the LPU 7 package, I'm going to still renew. It's not a lot of money anyway. *shrug*

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Haha fuck this, I won't even bother downloading this shit from torrent.

Fear

Fear Well-Known Member

What the fuck! This is worse than six high quality tracks from Live Earth even! I'm still going to renew, but this is the worst news I'd had all day, and this is by far the worst LPU Cd. I want to see the tracklisting just so I can see how many Breaking The Habit's are on the CD.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
    danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

This sucks really .... I have all the 'exclusive' tracks then xD

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

I wonder if the stinginess to not release b-sides is the bands or Warner Bros. fault? :lol:

This is quite lame, but I wasn't planning on signing up anyway, so I don't really care. :p

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

LPU should not renew yearly if LP can't produce enough material to yearly support it.

Shrazer235

Shrazer235 Well-Known Member

I totally agree. Only when the live tracks are ones like Step Up/Nobody's Listening/It's Goin' Down or Reading My Eyes are they awesome. Besides, when you can download a whole concert without paying anything, paying $25 for some stuff and a CD with ten tracks that you already have the concerts to is kind of pointless. I'll probably join simply for the shirt.

I swear, that made my day. Breaking The Habit has been exhausted over the four years it's been out (and the best one I've heard was on the LPU4 CD (I think)). Same with some other songs. LP needs to start making their shows totally unpredictable (or close to it). I mean, who's heard the original Pushing Me Away live?

EndlessHysteriaX51

EndlessHysteriaX51 Member

im willing to bet breaking the habit will be on this again... its only been on the last 3 in a row...

lp is too big now... they dont get to do what they want anymore and the damn label is running everything...

im slowly drifting away from lp... hopefully something will change...

:(

INK12Many

INK12Many Well-Known Member

wow not even cool the tracks are going to suck but hey it will bring more fans in for those who are interested. But wat do u Care its all about us right. But oh well these songs will be in a actual cd and official. Now all we have left is play wit our shoelaces showing them off to everyone and that =awesome

boojitsu

boojitsu Well-Known Member

i'm kind of annoyed that some of the people saying "this package sucks, LPU is disappointing" and what not are then saying "oh well i'm renewing".... I'm sure a boycott could work if literally a majority (if not more so) did not renew. It's all pipe-dreams, though, since people like to "prove" their loyalty when, like someone else said, the fan club isn't even run by LP anymore (probably).

As for "pre-sale" tickets, I am a member of LPU 6 (I was 1-4, skipped on 5 cause the package sucked, then did 6 for pre-sales).... well.... sometimes that works, sometimes that doesn't. I know for a fact that Taking Back Sunday had PR:07 tickets on pre-sale if you were on their mailing list... not even a FAN CLUB, it was a mailing list.... so yeah, just cause you do LPU doesn't 100% guarantee you're the only pre-sale, meaning you paid $25 or something bucks to get what someone MIGHT get for free.

if LPU puts out a decent CD in the future, i'll rejoin then, until then, there is no benefit for joining (personally speaking of course).

-Boojitsu21

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.