Got Something You Want To Let Out Part 2

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Todd, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

I'm starting to wonder whether I'm bi-polar or not...

I feel awful, but I'm not sure why.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  2. Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

:hug:

Well, to me you've always been the sweetest. :)

3. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I think you are. One moment you're professing your love for me and the next you hate my guts :(

4. Linja

Linja Good. Be magnanimous. Über Member

Holiday. :hug:. I have no words. Much love to you, your family, loved ones.

Iron Man. :hug:.

----

Updates about me? I had a nice month. Hospitalised 18.01.2008 - 23.01.2008

5. Messy Marj

6. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

What happend?! :hug:

7. aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Aww.
    :hug:

Some how "muslims" are doing bad things everywhere. It's sad that they make such a bad name for all of us.

The same goes for "Pakistanis" all over.

:(

---

Dearest Holly,

I love you, and I'm always there for you. You helped when I needed you, so now it's my turn.

Aisha :)

8. Messy Marj

I'm sorry for that Aisha. However, the Islam is for me, the most disgusting religion there is. It's as if the Koran only preaches hate.

"Make war on them until idolatry shall cease and God's religion shall reign supreme." (Surah 8:36-)

"Believers, make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Deal firmly with them."
    (Surah 9:121-)

"Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it." (Surah 2:216)

And it goes on and on. I hate people who want to push their religion up your ass. I wish they could all just go back to their own country and drop a bomb on themselves or something. Religion is something you have to keep to yourself. It's just really frustrating me because it is getting worser and worser.

9. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The Bible is loaded with that kind of stuff too though. With any religion, there's going to be some bad apples, unfortunately since Christianity and Islam are the 2 biggest religions when it comes to global politics, the bad apples tend to go and cause wars, make ridiculous laws, and kill innocent people. There are good people to be found in any religion though, regardless of whether or not you agree with religion itself.

10. Messy Marj

True. But what I said earlier, as long as they keep it to themselves, I have no problem with it but unfortunately they like to make war.

Still, I find the Islam more dangerous than Christianity, atleast here in Europe. Or perhaps it's because I was raised as a Christian.

If you look at this:

1 Corinthians Ch 13:1-3: ''Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.''

You would never find that in the Koran, so to me, the Koran is more about death while the Bible is more about life. Thus, in my opinion the Koran is the most dangerous one.

11. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

There's no such thing as a dangerous religion. Only dangerous people who choose to use their religion as a basis for conflict.

I have no problem with any religion and I think if religion can give a person guidence and understanding then more power to them. However it's my personal belief that 'holy books' such as the Bible and the Qur'an exist only to seperate and categorise people. Also some of the stuff written in these books is just ludicrous in my opinion.

I think one thing that people have to understand is that the Muslim religion cannot be seen as 'The Enemy'. If people start being taken in by all this religious propaganda then you're allowing yourself to be brainwashed in my opinion. After all that's exactly what's going on in places like Saudi Arabia; people being brainwashed into believing that the Western world is the cause of all that is wrong in the world.

There is a tension around the world today and I fear that it could result in an actual World War III only this time it's a battle of the West and the Muslim faith. I think it's so unfair on those Muslim people who are peace-loving and only want to practice their religion with nothing but good intentions. They're being categorically dragged into conflict because certain people who share their religion choose to use their faith as a method of spreading hate and evil. Something needs to be done and soon otherwise things will really kick off.

12. Dean

To paraphrase KRS-One, there's a difference between the teachings of Jesus and the general practice of Christianity.

You have people who follow the more concrete teachings of the Bible (the eleven commandments, Jesus' parables), and then you have those who pick what they want from the other parts that were written by various different people at different points then translated by various different people at different points, which as such have became convoluted and to an extent either contradictory or vague, then apply it in a way that fits what they want to believe. You also have those who'll exploit people's faith for their own ends, such as Pope Urban II.

Then, on the flipside in regards to what people believe, you have those such as Richard Dawkins who are self-righteous enough to believe that an omnipotent being of any sort can't possibly exist because of, you know, SCIENCE.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  13. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Holly - Please hang in there. I can't believe all that I read and I am truly sorry. Your whole situation changed me on how I view the subject greatly. Stay strong.

Mali - What happened, sweetie? Are you ok now?

As for me, I haven't slept well in two days. Too much on my mind. Very very frustrating.

14. Rachel

Rachel look at my horse. LPA Super Member

I am content in my religion finally.

It's the only one I've seen that doesn't preach violence.

"An it harm none, do what ye will."

And, also, "Ever mind the Law of Three: What is done, comes back to thee"

But moving on.

I finally got my message from Her. And I'm content :)

15. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Holly - I can't believe what you're going through right now. I'm so sorry.:hug:

16. Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

Religion is ridiculous... I understand it can be a support for certain people when they need it, but it is time people drop the whole act of actually believing there is a god, if you think just for a second and look at the world around you'll see there isn't one and if there is he's probably asleep or death himself.

17. Dean

Say there is an omnipotent being or higher power. Stress the word omnipotent to yourself. That would mean above accepted laws of science and so forth, so potentially there could be something along those lines in existence that will never be discovered because people cannot prove or disprove it. And that is where my previous post comes into play.

18. Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

Possible, but it means human intelligence is way too small to even understand what it is, quite possibily it could be too complex for our senses to even notice or even our technology.

And that's why we should just stop killing each other over something we can't even understand, religion.

19. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

I'm an atheist, but at the same time, I know religion isn't going anywhere.
    We're just going to have to learn to live with each other. As soon as the
    Christians, Muslims, Atheists, and other religious learn to start taking
    themselves less seriously and learn to compromise, and respect their
    fellow human beings beliefs, we'll be in a good place. I know this is an
    idealistic pipe-dream at best, but what the hell. :lol:

I also agree that people should keep that stuff to themselves.

20. Dean

You know those South Park episodes where Cartman freezes himself so he doesn't have to wait for a Wii and ends up in the future, and because of Mrs Garrison and Richard Dawkins everyone is an atheist, and they fight over who's more logical? That's a fair bet as to what would happen if religion went away. Atheism is still another belief system, and it's human nature to argue and obviously that can lead to war.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.