Got Something You Want To Let Out Part 2

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Todd, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

Well, that's only true if we still aren't able to manipulate human nature, whether that's actually a good thing I'm not sure.

But the whole who's more logic thing won't work, though. If there would be a war between a group with high logic and another group with low logic, then wouldn't the group with high logic stop the war?

But I'm kind of stepping on my point here, lately I've found discussing over philosophy or religion is useless because we can't solve it with our tiny brains.

2. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

It's probably not unreasonable to say logic is subjective though, and as such people of equal intelligence still hold opinions that are completely different.

But yeah, we're hijacking this thread.

3. Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

I thought it was funny :(

4. Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

Everyone's changed names confuse me. :(

...:lol:

I'm finally feeling better!! And hopefully I'll be spending the night with Josh on Saturday if I can work things out! :D *is happy*

5. Linja

Linja Good. Be magnanimous. Über Member

Andrea, Will, thanks :hug:. It ended up being mastitis. I'd been sick on and off for a while before that, and went for a check up, and to see what the doctors could do about an infection I seemed to have caught, and it ended up being an 'inflammation and infection of the mammary gland', which uberly sucks.

:hug:s to everyone.

Religion? I don't bother with it much. I'm a muslim (family), but my da's actually an atheist, and my mother's not religious at all. In a weird way, I'm half-atheist. I believe in some things.

6. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

mammary :lol:

sorry. let's hope you can have a decent run of good health for once at some point this year. :hug:

7. Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

You didn't tell me that last part there, hun. :lol:

But still...it was a nice birthday present to talk to you for the first time in awhile and have you get out of the hospital as well. Get well soon, dear. :hug: <33

8. pho3nix

pho3nix Member

The verses you mentioned are meant to be taken contextually, as an urge to cause self defense.

Please do not judge the religion by the misinterpretion of a few. Islam is infact a rather introvert religion, that respects other religions, urging self defense, not war.

The ottoman empire, the last islamic empre to fall, was infact very multicultural.

The article you you mentioned, is but a reflection of ordinary human nature. Humans think that their way is the best for others, and thus try to do others a favour. This explains missionaries. Some people however, due to the lack of knowlegde go to their extremes to accomplish their utopia. The very paradigm of many current muslims, is similar to that of medieval europeans. Their living conditions are so bad, and they have seen cruelty towards their kin that their urgue to accomplish their utopia has increased.

"God will perhaps bring about love between you and those of the disbelievers with whom you were enemies. God is All-powerful, All-merciful, and All-forgiving "
    "He only forbids you to be friends with those who have fought against you about the religion, expelled you from your homes or supported others in expelling you. Whoever loves these people are unjust"
    (60:8)

2:224 AND DO NOT allow your oaths in the name of God to become an obstacle to virtue and God-consciousness and the promotion of peace between men for God is all-hearing, all-knowing.

9. Nikki

Nikki I have no idea what is going on LPA Super Member

The above post is an example of the sort of stuff that really should be here. None of your "oooh she doesn't like meeeee" gobshite.

Welcome to the boards. I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

10. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

i'm a christian -- and i hate preaching. :) ha.

11. Rachel

Rachel look at my horse. LPA Super Member

ALL evangelical religions, especially Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Islam, and Christianity) have their fundamental wackos, but it's always those fundamental weirdos that screw everything else up for the other people.

And besides, for those of you who care, I just learned this in history yesterday when we started learning more about the Ottoman Empire, that jihad does NOT mean "holy war". It does, but it doesn't mean it in the context of saying Osama bin Laden's way. It means "striving in the way of the Lord", as in fighting a METAPHORICAL war on varying religions, as they are "infidels" for following a different way than the religion of Muhammad. Who by the way, recognized Jesus and Abraham, since Islam and Christianity are off-shoots of Judaism, which makes me kind of sick to my stomach when I see the fighting between the Abrahamic religions get to the stage of Israel vs Palestine, for an example.

So between the connotations of Muslims being crazy patriarchal people blowing themselves up, Christians as being accosting, homophobic patriarchal asswipes, and Jews being money-hungry witches (yes, witches), is anyone in the Abrahamic who is pure of sin, thus being able to cast the proverbial stone?

No?

Ok then.

And also:

Q.F.T.

12. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Because I guess there's a rule about what we can post in this thread now.

13. Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

I certainly don't agree with that. I know sometimes it's kinda like "sheesh okay she doesn't like you, get over it," but that's what this thread is for. It's to get out your feelings, about whatever is upsetting you. If someone is upset because they're crush of 6 months doesn't like them, the "got something you want to let out" thread sounds perfect.

Just my thoughts.

14. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

So as much as I don't want to be right now, considering things that have happened, I'm overjoyed and relieved.

I feel like 2 years of stress have just disappeared.

These last few years I've been wondering what the hell is going on in my life. Where am I going to be, what am I going to do... my future just seemed so... blank. I never realized how much it weighed down on me, seeping down into every aspect of my life.

Earlier this month I finally figured it all out, and now I just feel great. Not a care in the world to be honest, just a goal.

This goal started off as a dream. As of a few weeks ago, it has become the game plan. And I'm only 3 years away from it becoming a reality.

It all started when I changed my major to education. It seemed like a natural step for me. The jobs I've loved the most and felt the most satisfied with dealt with kids. My first job ever was an instructor at a Tae Kwon Do school. I was there for 2 years. My recent job is at a Chinese private school/daycare/place as a counselor. In 2 months or so, I will have been there for probably the shortest year of my life.

After my 'senior year' of college (2 years from now) I will be doing my internship for my degree. This involves watching a teacher teach for a semester, then hands-on experience for the other. This will be a breeze. I've been working with kids all my life.

When that is done I have my bachelor's degree in General Education, 4th-8th grade. I will then have to take a certification test to become eligible to actually teach.

Now here's the kicker.

I will become an English teacher... in JAPAN.

Specifically, I will be applying to be an ALT in the JET Programme. ALT stands for Assistant Language Teacher. They want young people holding Bachelor's degrees to come in and help the English teachers teach. They don't even need you to know Japanese, although you must show effort in trying to know the language.

In the selection process, there are two things that will make you stand out in the crowd. The first is a) having an actual degree in Education. You don't need one to be a part of the program (they'll take any bachelors), but it certainly helps. I will have that covered. The second is b) actually know how to speak Japanese. Again, not required, but it certainly does help. And that's where my current goals lie.

I am going to learn Japanese. I don't care how hard I have to work.

This has always been a dream of mine, and only recently, when I came to the conclusion that teaching is what I want to do for a living, did it become more than just a dream. It is now a plan, a goal. And I will do whatever it takes to succeed. I've done my research, looked into everything I need to do, and now I just have my future planned out. No more wondering. It's set in stone. And I haven't felt better in my life. Just the knowing... makes everything else seem inconsequential. So I don't have luck with girls right now... I'll be in Japan in 3-4 years.

And even if I fail in my goal, what have I lost? I will still be an English teacher. I'll be doing what I've set my mind to doing, even if it is in the wrong country.

And I will know how to speak Japanese. How badass is that.
    Maybe I'm just going crazy, but right now I couldn't even give a shit about anything right now. For so long it has felt like I've been in a dark tunnel. Lost and confused... but now I see the light at the end of the tunnel and right now, that's all I need.

15. Rachel

So...my entire building in my dorm has lost guest privileges.

22 boys from the 3rd floor (read: floor beneath mine) were in the elevator, jumping up and down, screaming P3 P3 (Peabody 3rd floor), when all of a sudden... *snap*.

The cable broke.

They fell from the 3rd floor to land between 1st and 2nd floors. One kid, the academic advisor for 3rd floor had his back pinched from the doors, leaving it cut open. I don't know about the other injury, but the rest of them are ok.

However. This isn't the first time P3 has gotten us in trouble. $325 was charged towards the floor after stealing 13 chairs from other floors (we have to keep a specific amount of chairs on each floor and its $25 for each extra chair), were charged $600 for leaving 6 piles of vomit for the cleaning staff to dispose of, and lord knows what else they were charged for jamming the other elevator's door open, leaving it stuck on p3.

Now, not only are we possibly going to get charged, we have lost all of our guest privileges, and the 22 boys from P3 are getting charges pressed against them.

One of my friends was in that elevator, and I don't think I've ever been so panicked in my entire life.

I've been shuffling tarot cards to make myself feel better since I first found out, and now that I know he's ok, I'm feeling a little bit better, but I am just so upset at how dumb these kids are. THEY HAD JUST FINISHED A MEETING WITH THE RESIDENCE HALL DIRECTOR ABOUT BEHAVIORAL ISSUES.

This totally blows. Thank Goddess they are all ok, minus a few stitches and broken bones, but still. Idiots.

16. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I know, it's unoriginal.

I feel lonely, she won't hold me
    I feel shitty, she won't hang with me
    I ain't got much, think I've lost my touch
    Feels like I've got no place to go
    I feel lost and scared now, so unprepared now
    Don't know whether she'll feel any better
    All I can tell you, is that I need you
    And it hurts me soul.

17. Linja

Linja Good. Be magnanimous. Über Member

Whaddaya mean I didn't tell you about the last part, Kevinicky?
    And you, Dean! ..yeah, it's kinda funny. But it's mega painful, too D:

Minus, sincerely, I'm happy for you!
    Rachel :hug: they're cads of the first degree.
    Louis :hug:

18. Rachel

Hey man, things will get better, I promise.

19. Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I wish I never posted that post in here. -_-

20. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

I thought it was actually a good discussion that got going there. People weren't even fighting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.