Got Something You Want To Let Out Part 2

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Todd, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Is it strange that I was listening to Third Eye Blind when I read this post?

2. Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Yeah that's what I was talking about but I don't think it was your fault in the first thread. No one else needed to come in and keep the comments coming. And no offense here or anything Will, I don't have anything against you and I can understand that you hate the word, but it was kind of immature to quote him and then be like "haha I quoted you now you're gonna get warned". That and something else on this forum that really got out of hand with a different person.

Like, his first comment was a little over-the-top but no offense, it was a pretty ridiculous question. I don't think it really warranted the next three people who came into the thread to insult him rather than actually contribute to the thread. I can't really defend his other comments though, I just think he was trying too hard to be funny and it didn't work because people were already mad at him from the other instance.

The other person however, was in the Got News thread...I don't think it was necessary for people to go on for two pages about how dumb it is to believe that a fan site is a band member's site. If I were the person that posted that bit of "news" I'd feel like the biggest idiot...and for what? Thinking that it might be the real site? It's not really necessary. Sometimes it just needs to be left at one comment and then be done with. You know what I mean?

EDIT: That's not to say that I think he was being mature. I just wanted to make that clear.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  3. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I understand. I'll do my best to avoid those situations from now on, since I'm sure you're not the only one bothered by them.

4. Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

Right now i'm in a downward slope... I cried and cried and cried the last three days.

I always cry when i drive home but today I could stop...it was getting worse and worse and worse.... I am to pull over.

they were such full, painful cries. I couldn't doing anything but cry in my pain-filled way.

I miss him so damn much today. it's getting worse...it gets worse...days at a time. then I won't be able to cry again for a few days.

it's bad right now. I had to take a Xanax.

I'm so miserable.

:cry:

5. Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Oh sweetie...=/

:hug:

6. Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

:hug: I'm so sorry.

7. Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I didn't really mean to single you out or anything. No hard feelings, right?

8. Will

It's alright. We're good.

9. Arhaz

Arhaz ...waiting. LPA Super Member

god. holly. :hug:

10. Will

So earlier, I was so pissed at Madden I punched my leg damn near 30 times, and now it's fucking killing me and I've got a huge bruise on my thigh.

And also, on the way home from the store just now, I punched the dashboard (with the same hand) because the CD player is a piece of shit, and now my hand feels like it's broken.

My dad's being a huge douche bag, too. "Do you remember my pin number?" "No." "Okay, it's number-number-number-number." "Okay." "Alright." "What is it again?" "Jesus Christ, are you fucking serious?" "Um... I was just being smart." "I'm in no mood for you to be smart." "Um... alright, sorry. I'll be back whenever." "Whatever." What the fuck.

Today has not been a good day at all.

11. Arhaz

fuck. i just got up from the worst nightmare ever and i can't seem to stop shivering. fucking shit. there was just too much blood.

12. Cale.

Cale. Banned

It happens to the best of us.

I once smashed the doors of my TV cabinet with a PS2 controller after losing the Champions League final on Pro Evo.

To this day, that cabinet has no doors, and people still say "oww" when they walk through that room in bare feet.

13. aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

As the others have said nearly all religions say that. Wage war against the non-believers, etc.
    In actuality, Islam is a great religion, but true we have very poor representatives of the religion.

This is actually effing sad.

14. Disenchanted

Disenchanted The Black Parade is Dead! LPA Super Member

Just... :hug:x1,000,000,000

15. Linja

Linja Good. Be magnanimous. Über Member

Oh, Holls :hug:

16. Will

Ahahaha :lol:

17. Arhaz

@ Marj. sweetheart. those aren't the exact verses from the Quran. maybe one day when you're online, i can give you the exact meanings and reasons for the verses.
    Islam has never forced itself upon anyone. actually, forcing religion upon people who prefer to disbelieve is frowned upon.
    Islam preaches peace at all times, until you can push yourself to the highest limit of tolerance.
    and no, jihad does not mean "holy war". it means "struggle". this is the true, authentic and pure arabic to english translation of the word. the quran often implies jihad on self, which does not mean suicide ofcourse, or self infliction of pain. it means to fight off desires that could cause harm.
    i would like to end it here. public debates of religion make me very nervous and agitated, since i am very passionate about my religion. hence, i just thought to give a very light statement to defend it.

18. Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

Well, that might all be true but much like the Bible it's all interpretation of the words... that's the problem. You can see whatever you want in those words, although it might be logical or more appealing to someone to see peace, for others it can be used for the war and everything that's happening in the Middle-East is a perfect example of this.
    People might lack the intelligence because they never went to school or because they went to "schools" that thought them war against disbelievers is right.

I agree with Marj, religion doesn't fit into the European system, not in the government, not in the way the majority of the people think, yet some people try to force it upon others and that's just wrong.

Religious groups shouldn't get together and protest against politics either, which they do. If everyone is equal and there is a political party with those views, you should vote for them, not start your own group for your own people only.

I'm just showing some examples of why religion and politics shouldn't be mixed. If you should to be religious, then that's something for yourself.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2008
  19. Arhaz

definitely forcing something upon someone who just plain doesn't want to believe it, is wrong.
    and it's not fair how a religion gets blamed for what people who claim to follow it do.
    it's not the religion that's human. it's the human that is imperfect.
    and the middle eastern situation is only magnified in the media coz of the wealth and polictics. there are embedded articles in the news that have repotrs on worse occurances in the suburbs of god-knows-where.
    point is, it's not the religion that is to be blamed.
    if you're twisted enough, you can twist even God's word.
    and that sickeningly, what many have done.

20. Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Thank you, Stof. I'm so glad we totally agree on that lol, you saved me a long post of explanations. :)

I don't like to discuss this, I see things like this everyday in the paper, so it's enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.