Got Something You Want To Let Out Part 2

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Todd, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

Yes, me neither.

@Arhaz: I understand where you are coming from and it's great you find something in religion to agree with, but you can't deny the situation in the Middle-East is dreathful, I'm sorry.

2. Arhaz

Arhaz ...waiting. LPA Super Member

ofcourse it's horrible. it's painful to me, since politically, i'm in love with the middle east. and since my religion originates from here, i happen to love the religion of this place too.
    and i completely agree with you on not intermixing religion and politics, especially on an international level, which essentially only requires from us to stand united against worse odds that threaten the existence of humanity altogether.
    and yes, i very much agree is religion is a very personal and intimate aspect of a human being, due to it's emotional relevance. it could extend to a wider aspect, perhaps to the extent of existing as a non threatening social character, but i agree that it must end there.

edit: since, i did say i do feel nervous talking religion on a public forum, i will end here since we both have agreed on a mutual thought.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2008
  3. Rachel

Rachel look at my horse. LPA Super Member

This post is not in regards to the previous posts, as a forewarning:

And once again, I am bombarded by a religion I do not practice, in a venue where religion should not be discussed. I am at school, at a school held function. Yes, it was a candle light vigil for Martin Luther King Jr, who was a Reverend. Understood, and totally comprehended. He was Christian. I got the gist of it.

But when I see on the flyer a thing for an invocation, and then hear the description as a guided meditation of sorts on the meaning of MLKs life, I rejoiced. Finally, it's not going to be a prayer session!

It was a prayer session, with blatant use of God and Him and Lord.

What about the Hindus, the Buddhists, the Pagans, the Athiests in the crowd? Because we do not follow the Abrahamic (Islam, Judaism, and Christianity) faiths, we are forced into a prayer that we might not agree with?

Of course, while this prayer occured, I whispered a prayer to myself to tell the Goddess and the God that the words meant the same to them, and that I still feel the meaning should be invoked by both of their powers.

But seriously. The overriding use of the Abrahamic God in a public school convention bothers me, as it wasn't for the Catholic mass here. Am I the only one that is bothered by the fact that there are Christian Clubs, but we can't have Jewish Clubs or Muslim Clubs or Pagan Clubs?

Why is there such a double standard and such blatant ignorance over other beliefs, at all places a vigil for Martin Luther King Jr.

It makes no sense, and it makes me sick to my stomach, to be honest.

4. Arhaz

^^ i totally understand what you had to say. i once had a meditation (yoga) class, something to do with student stress levels and drugs, and all they would talk about was Jesus. and i was like...this is Yoga people. Jesus never did yoga!

5. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I wish I were the person I used to be...

6. Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

How do I stop insomnia attacks?

7. aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

<3.

--------

I GOT SATURDAY DETENTION.

WHAT THE FUCK.

8. Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I feel your pain. I spend 12 years of my life in 2 of the most strict Christian schools while I'm not even Christian. >_<

I am so pissed, so...argh, I feel helpless. Everyone feels helpsless. Noone can do something about it, except the politicians, but they are pussies. It's becoming a ridiculous country and it hurts me, this is the country that I love and it's drastically changing into something I will never ever be, I'd rather die a thousand times than becoming one. They are abusing the right to have your own opinion, cause even that right must have boundaries, but now it's too late, it's been taken too far. I just hope that Geert Wilders or Rita Verdonk will become the next president. Very extreme right, but I've had it with left parties, they are shit, they are afraid, they are absolute crap.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2008
  9. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

I can't deal with school as well...
    God...

10. pho3nix

pho3nix Member

Yeowch. That would hurt. 12 years is total nuts. I remember once I was in a group of religious hindus, who sang hymns while they were working on our project.

I spent only four hours with them, I cannot imagine myself spending more.

12 years would hurt. seriously.

11. Messy Marj

Yes. Only skirts are allowed, under the knee, opened eyes while the teacher is praying in front of class gets you 2 hours of detention, and more stuff like that. It's really ridiculous. One day in religion class (ofcourse, they only talked about Christianity, no other religions were allowed) I said to my teacher: 'What if the day you die, you go up and see that there is no god. I mean, you must feel horrible, spending your whole life on something that doesn't even exist.' Ofcourse, I got 4 hours of detention for that. :lol:

12. Arhaz

she should have given you an answer first. :lol:

13. pho3nix

pho3nix Member

:lol:

That was her answer.

14. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I've got so many things going on in my head right now and trying to balance them all out is fucking hard.

I'll start with a few positives. Last nights show was the best concert I've ever been to. LP really know how to entertain a crowd and put on one hell of a show. They played the set I was hoping they'd play and they were simply badass. I didn't even care that Shitty Clyro were the support. It was a top notch night and it was great spending it with friends and my brother.

Now for the crap. Yesterday before the concert I finally found out the real cause of my friend Cameron's death. See, at first there were rumours that he was stabbed. Then there were rumours that he died of a terminal illness. The real reason has shocked me more than I could ever have imagined though. I had it confirmed yesterday that he hung himself. I'm clueless as to why he did it because he was never an unhappy person. Atleast he never showed any signs of being depressed or anything. If you'd have asked me which one of my friends would I have thought would commit suicide he'd be one of the last. This is so weird and I can't believe it actually happened still 6 months on. RIP man.

Now for more crap. All throughout the day yesterday I just wanted to tell her how I feel and at one point I thought I was going to. It was just so screwed up that, although we were next to each other at the concert and sharing this great time, she wasn't mine. I don't care if this sounds emo or teenie or whatever the hell people wanna call it. Knowing that you care so much about someone you can't have hurts like crazy. I think on some level she knows to be honest. I dunno if that counts for anything but I'm hoping that just one day maybe we can be together because I know that despite all the obsticles, she is perfect for me.

Before the concert I've sorta settled my differences with Mike. He's done some really screwed up things lately but in all honesty, I'm not one to hold a grudge. Especially if the person happens to be one of my closest friends. Maybe I'm too nice for my own good though. I think people take advantage of that sometimes.

Moving on, my empire is well and truly starting. All these businesses are gonna take up alot of my blood, sweat and tears but hopefully it'll all be worth it. I hope I can make a difference and push myself to do the best I can.

It looks like we've found a house in California. Looks like I'm gonna be going back and forth between America and England in the near future. Doesn't help that I don't like flying lol.

My diet seems to be going slowly but surely. In 2 weeks I've lost 3 pounds but I havn't got all my gym equipment set up in my room yet. When it's all done I'm going full force.

Needless to say I've got alot on my plate at the moment. It doesn't help that I've got continuous insomnia. Hopefully this storm is worth riding though. I can see that the future beholds some awesome times. I just hope I don't break down along the way lol.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  15. Messy Marj

Sadly, yes. :lol:

Luke, you'll do fine! Just learn to take one thing at a time. :hug:

16. aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

:hug:

I know that people think it's futile and stupid, but I wish to lose weight.

17. Messy Marj

I won't judge you, but let me just say that you already have a killer body. <3

18. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I'll turn 18 tomorrow. Finally I'll be able to visit websites I was forbidden to visit before.

:lol:

19. Rachel

Rachel look at my horse. LPA Super Member

i can't keep going on living like this. i hate myself.

20. Misfit Jay

Misfit Jay I'm down with tippin 40s to your memory. LPA Super Member

Don't say that. I need you.:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.