Linkin Park Releases Greatest Hits

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by general41391, Jan 13, 2008.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

You're not providing any sources.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

Bare in mind, if Warner want it to be released, you can bet your ass it will be.

lester480

lester480 Well-Known Member

Ah greatest hits in 3 albums is just not right yet..
    Even though they have enough good singles to put on it.
    I say when they will reach 4-5 albums it will be a good time to release one.

L

LPgator

LPgator Well-Known Member

At this stage in their career it should just be called LP's Collection of Singles =\. They need to put out a few more records first..

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

^Exactly. I think the point of a Greatest Hits should be that you actually have to CHOOSE your greatest hits, not just compiling all your singles onto a CD.

If this does happen, I hope a couple b-sides get put on there as a bonus, I know they still have like 4 of them laying around from the Minutes to Midnight sessions...

B7rent

B7rent Guest

i thought they had a crap load of random songs that didnt make it onto minutes to midnight that made the cut, thats what i thought the new underground was gonna be, all cool b-sides
    they should do what the killers did and make a whole b-sides cd, even some b-sides from their original 2 albums

Astat

There were over 100 song ideas that didn't make the final cut, but in terms of songs that were completely finished for the album, they recorded 17 of them, including No Roads Left, so there are still 4 songs that for sure are release-ready.

B7rent

B7rent Guest

they shoulda released them on the new underground, perhaps it was too early to release unreleased material right after a new album?
    we'll proly see it this summer most likely or something

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

i dont think warner wants a single lp song released like that without making as much profit as possible.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

you're right there..

B7rent

B7rent Guest

maybe theyll be on the new remix album being rumored, like my December was

wookiebastard

wookiebastard Member

what remix album is being rumored?

B7rent

B7rent Guest

i heard something somewhere on these forums (i cant remember what thread) about how they were thinking about doing a new reanimation-like album for minutes to midnight possibly
    im not sure if it was confirmed or not

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

what? :rolleyes:

LpHDFan

LpHDFan Well-Known Member

EDIT:
    I thought about what you wrote and what I wrote and I feel I should review my post.

First of all, LP said they were going to have 17 songs on the new album which leads me to agree with your statement.

I implied that the Mixtape song was not finished (also made sure not to call it a MTM B-side), and I didn't think I should tell you all the information about the Mixtape song, because I knew that you know. Their aim was to write a song in three days, which I'm sure you know.

That is what I should have said, and basically what I was implying about Grecian and the other seeds. It is my guess that Grecian wasn't completed because the vocals remained (as far as we know) as screaming with no lyrics among other reasons.

It was wrong of me to list the B-Sides (Japan and Grecian) in the sense that they could have been the #14 and #15 tracks on the album. As you said, there are still 4 songs that for sure are release-ready, so therefore the B-Sides I mentioned may not be release-ready for reasons stated above and then that means that the 4 songs are other as-of-yet unnamed and still-to-be-released songs.

Is that all we know of for MTM B-Sides? [I only wrote this because I have no way of joining the LPU for now, so possibly I thought you may have been let in on more information]

LP probably won't do another Reanimation-style album as Phoenix said that whenever they made an album such as Reanimation and Collision Course(which some would consider side albums), that they came about spontaneously. The Collision Course album, for example, came about from MTV approaching Jay-Z who he would like to collaborate with to create a Mash-Up album and he chose Linkin Park.

Although I'd like LP to perform their HT EP songs, I suppose it's unlikely, as they have a new album and would probably want to change things up with the HT EP songs if they were to perform them live.

Currently Chester will be finishing DBS and LP are writing new music, (Kerrang! magazine, http://lptimes.com/news2008/march/news03072008.html) Note: Check the last question of the Mike Interview.

I don't think it's a bad thing that they release "filler" albums, it gives fans something to listen to while their waiting for a new album. The band said they don't like doing album after album but as I said in the above paragraph, they weren't planned. I think they have an idea that they still haven't released. Mike said in 2004, something similar to "there will be something that doesn't have any material from any of the other albums by the end of the year". I doubt he was talking about their third studio album although he very well could have. It just seemed like he was implying it wasn't their third studio album.

Last edited: May 5, 2008
    Astat

They never even finished the song for the Machine Shop Vol. 2 mixtape. They tried to write one, it was garbage, so they junked it.

And there are dozens (50+) of confirmed "seed" titles from the MTM sessions, but no real way of knowing how finished any of those songs were.

LpHDFan

LpHDFan Well-Known Member

You seem to articulate things well, when I'm trying to say kind of the same thing but haven't gone the right way about it. Sorry those paragraphs aren't great at all.

I was probably more implying that the mixtape song wasn't finished here.
    :bookread: I think I have to work on making things short and succint. :(

thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

Exactly. Take japan for example, I think it was scraped. If you listen closely during the DVD it sounds somewhat like In Pieces drum loop along with those atmospheric sounds in Shadow of the day going a lot faster. I think they scraped it and used elements from it for Shadow of the day and in pieces.

Astat

It's possible, they do tend to "mine" aborted songs for good parts to use in new ones. Given Up was built around the bassline of a song idea called Fire in the City that nobody in the band other than Mike liked. Mike also said in one of the old Reanimation studio journal entries on LP.com that the chorus of Crawling was originally the bridge of another song.

20. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

what's this "japan" thing? i'm guessing you guys aren't referring to "QWERTY". :confused: