Official Projekt Revolution 2008 Dates!

Discussion in 'News' started by Andrea, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I beg to differ but I'll agree that Chris Cornell was a good choice.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

I agree with Luke except for when he begged to differ.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Chris Cornell has wrote one of the best songs of ninety's and one of the most twisted videos i have ever seen..Black Hole Sun!.. he is a legend just for that song

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I don't mean to be a dick since I'd be willing to bet you're taking the piss but it's sort of annoying how you act as though your opinion is gospel and isn't an opinion but rather fact.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

lp_shinoda is speaking alot of sense for someone with a username I would've imagined to be the second one registered.

Did that just make sense? Hopefully.

I genuinely believe what Chris Cornells written surpases anything anyone on Projekt Revolutions ever done.

I think it's gospel and if that makes me a dick them I'm happy to be the forum's dick.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I don't really know why anyone would want to see a bill made up of Linkin Park plus Nickelback and a load of other such bands, unless they're hardcore masochists. Not because I think they make bad music but because it'd be incredibly boring.

The amount of variation, save for the lack of anyone that isn't some kind of rock, is probably the thing they've came closest to getting right.

Will

I'm not saying you're a dick. I just think it's rather annoying that you tell people they're wrong for having a differing opinion. It makes no sense.

SecondCityKids

What do you mean about the second registered or whatever.. becuase im not sure to be offended or not haha

Cale.

Cale. Banned

Don't be offended.

Will

I agree, now that I've had to time properly form my opinion on this.

But the way they're choosing bands from all ends of the spectrum, it's hard to justify spending that much money to go to a show when you may only like two or thee bands out of the dozen or so that are going to be playing.

SecondCityKids

ehh does it really matter who Lp tours with... the majority of us are going to go anyway XD

Cale.

Cale. Banned

I'm just trying to make a point that Linkin Park have got one of finest rock vocalists of all time and people are sitting here shitting on the line up.

If you can't give Linkin Park props for that then someone has a blinkered opinion.

It's just nonsense like this:

When someone like Chris Cornell is sitting there with his ass in your face is hard to sit there and listen to.

Will

That's not what I'm talking about, though. Any time someone says something negative about Cornell or anything he's done, you shit on their heads and tell them their opinion is wrong. Opinions can't be wrong. That's why they're opinions. No one's telling you you're wrong for liking Cornell and thinking he's talented and amazing, so why tell someone else they're wrong when they think the opposite?

Also I'd like to point out that My Chemical Romance is about as scene as you can get. And I'd be willing to bet I know who made the post in which that was quoted.

I'd like to point out that My Chemical Romance, All Time Low, Cobra Starship and The Spill Canvas are all about as scene as you can get, yet you're going to see them. Same with Atreyu, which you said was good. So I don't understand your qualm exactly.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
    SecondCityKids

where's the rap/hip hop group this year... the always have at least one every year.. im sorta of disappointed considering its probably my only dose of rap or hip hop every year.. only if eminem goes on tour then im sure its my only chance to see rap

Cale.

Cale. Banned

If you don't think Chris Cornell is talented, then you quite simply are wrong.

I'm not telling you to like him. I've always said before I go on ramblings "even if you don't like him..blalblabla."

In most of your opinions it's one bad line up out of how many PR's? It's not like it's a running theme of shit artists and people are refusing to go citing their nearsightedness when selecting artists? It's bollocks.

Who do you want them to get on board then? It'd be fecking hard to get a band with the pedigree of MCR, Korn etc on a SUPPORTING tour for several months.

All I'm saying is they choose possibly their most diverse artist yet, and people are calling for their heads saying they've lost their minds. It's a knee-jerk reaction if ever I heard one.

SecondCityKids

Im upset becuase all the bands don't have anything diffrent..that nothing stick out.. there is not heavy difference between acts..

Will

I didn't say he's not talented, but, once again, that's an opinion, not a fact. There's no point in telling someone they're wrong for thinking he's not talented because that's their opinion. There's no right or wrong when it comes to opinions as you seem to think.

I hate Chris Cornell and everything he's been associated with, but that doesn't mean I don't think he's talented.

And I still think you're missing my point. People are mad because they're not going to want to pay $30-40 to watch two or three bands out of a dozen. It's a waste of money. People would rather leave the show knowing they enjoyed all dozen or so bands that played, rather than just two or three, because they'll feel they got their money's worth. Granted, one could always skip the show if they were going to cause a ruckus about it, but there's no sense in yelling at people here for not liking the line-up. I honestly don't know why you're arguing with people over it.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

I genuinely hope you're being sarcastic.

Again, who did you want then?

Justin Timberlake? Madonna?

Fecks sake.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Justin Timberlake and Madonna would be a whole lot better. :lol:

20. Will

It'd be a lot weirder, to say the least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.