Official Projekt Revolution 2008 Dates!

Discussion in 'News' started by Andrea, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

True. :lol:

2. SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Im saying it would have been nice to have a metal band or two.. not all this harcore/scene stuff

3. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I won't lie, I'd love to hear Justin on "Leave Out All the Rest" or "Shadow of the Day."

4. Cale.

Cale. Banned

Well then don't go then is what I'm saying.

Ok fine, you don't like this years line up. No point attacking the band for what is for the most part out of their control. <-- This sentence is what I'm arguing mainly.

They can ask as many artists as they want to come on tour with them, but at the end of the day it's someone elses descision. I don't think it's particularly good either apart from Linkin Park & Cornell but i'm not going to accuse them of alienating the fan base.

I hate to harp on this 'cause I respect what Derek's done with the site but that was one of the most ill-informed critiques I've read.

Apart from that I've no problem with what anyone's said apart from probably a few noobs.

I don't know why the fuck i'm arguing with you Will. :p

5. mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

for anyone thats saying theres "no diversity" your mildly retarted. LP and armor for sleep are two extremely different bands. Atreyu is different than both in that there heavier. then you get a band like Street Drum Corps....check out there myspace.

Point is there's definitely variety. And we're not gonna get the bands that we want all the time because Projekt Rev IS linkin park's tour when it comes down to it and big respectable bands arent gonna settle for a non headlining act.

6. SecondCityKids

CALE...By sayin noobs..who are you referring to

ya thats true bu projekt rev is bringing together unlikely acts.. im not suprised that Linkin park invited atreyu or the bravery.. i want to see acts that ill never see preform together anywhere else.. and none of these bands bring that shock value

7. Cale.

Cale. Banned

Not you. Probably just a few people I don't know and thefore didn't read their posts.

8. mis

mis Well-Known Member

I wish I had the choice to go. I would love to see Chris Cornell live. But there aren't coming to Canada with PR. But I am going to edgefest and get to see STP. I think that I remeber Chester saying last time that they were trying to get away from the hip hop and STB was because of Mike. The hip hop represents who they were now they have changed and I don't see them having another PR with hip hop except Jay-Z cause they've worked together in the past.

I don't have any problems with the line up. This isn't a festival in the sense that LP are putting the whole thing together so it is obvious they would headline. I know its different bands and its an all day event but how many big name bands could you get to support another band? Do you think that Foo Fighters or Nickleback are going to play at an LP concert? and not headline? Never. I think it would be hard cause everyone would argue over the line up.

9. mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

oh definitely agreed yeah theres no shock in seeing these bands at all. im not slightly interested in seeing one of them. I'll probably go though just for the experience and who knows maybe i'll change my mind about a few bands. Plus Jones Beach is only like 45 minutes from me....can't pass that up

10. Andrea

Since I haven't truly followed Chris Cornell since Soundgarden and didn't really care that much for Audioslave, does anyone know if he performs Soundgarden/Audioslave songs live? If so, I could get into it.

11. SecondCityKids

He performs black hole sun and thats all i know

12. Cale.

Cale. Banned

lasvegas23november2007

Intro - Let Me Drown - Outshined - Show Me How To Live - Be Yourself - You Know My Name - No Such Thing - Hunger Strike - Spoonman - Billie Jean - Fell On Black Days - Preaching The End Of The World - - I Am The Highway - Doesn't Remind Me - Cochise - Superunknown - Loud Love - Arms Around Your Love - Can't Change Me - Pushin' Forward Back - Black Hole Sun - What You Are - Rusty Cage - Burden In My Hand - Safe and Sound - Seasons - Slaves & Bulldozers/Overfloater/4th of July/The End/Whole Lotta Love

13. SecondCityKids

well that would be cut short of course

14. Andrea

Even though I don't like the line-up I'm going to give this tour a chance. It looks bad on paper but it could turn out to be decent live. I just wish Atreyu and/or Armor for Sleep were on main stage. :sleep:

15. SecondCityKids

i think atreyu would be on the ms before afs would:p

16. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

First, having the opinion that there's no diversity is not stupid. It's their opinion and it shouldn't be offending yours.

Second, shame on the language kid.

17. WizzyKid

WizzyKid Well-Known Member

So has anyone heard of most than one or two bands for this lineup?

At least last year people had heard of the bands. But man, ever since they released MTM, I just dislike all the acts for Projekt Revolution. I hardly like any of the bands that have lined up for PR, because they are not my style of music at all. Thats why I listen to LP, because they are soo me. This year, could the bands be anymore opposite to LP?

18. SecondCityKids

If it make you feel better i know 6 lol
    Linkin Park,Chris Cornell,Atreyu,Hawthorne heigths,Street Drum Corp and 10 Years

19. Andrea

I have listened to all of the bands at some point except for Street Drum Corps and Ashes Divide.

20. Linkin_way

Linkin_way LPA VIP LPA VIP

what about the spice girls :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.