LA Secret Show/Busta Announced for PR08

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Rather Red, May 29, 2008.

Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

I just went to an LPU Secret Show and it was amazing. There were literally a dozen fans there, and a bunch of press and such. We basically just sat down right next to the band, and they performed a short practice set for Projekt Revolution. They played the following:

Wake
    Given Up
    Lying From You
    Leave Out All the Rest
    We Made It (w/ Busta Rhymes)

After they performed with Busta Rhymes, they announced that he will be joining them on Projekt Revolution 2008. Chris Cornell and Atreyu were also in the place to watch. Another interesting detail is the setlist was on the floor. I am happy to say that Linkin Park will be performing "No Roads Left" at PR08. They will also apparently be performing "A Place For My Head".

It was pretty much the most amazing experience of my life. I don't think it's sunk in yet, because I'm still buzzing from it. "Lying From You" is my favorite LP song, and Chester pointed the mic at me twice during the chorus. Insane. Just insane.

I don't have proof of all this, but if anyone has questions I'll definitely answer. There will be pics and videos on the LPU site soon.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

FUCK are you serious! fuck fuck fuck fuck NRL live, I'm soooooo happy. :D They acutally listened to fans, we've been wanting that.

Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

It'd be hilarious if, instead of NRL live, they actually do a live cover of Never Gonna Give You Up, complete with dance moves. :)

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I am so glad I bought tickets for PR 08. Sounds like it will be bitchin' fun! ^_^

Jesse

If chester has anything to do with NRL live except with the backing vocals I'm going to be PISSED.

Also, where was the location that this live was at?

Last edited: May 30, 2008
    Rather Red

Some Warner Bros. practice studio near Burbank/Hollywood. We met up in Burbank and then were limoed there blindfolded, so I'm not exactly sure where we were.

Wilderness

Wilderness Well-Known Member

I saw it says "Wake 2.0" on the setlist sheet. What does that mean? Was it extended?

Rather Red

It was a little different in the beginning. Also, the intro to "Lying From You" was a little different. Apparently Chris Cornell was supposed to perform at this little shindig too... I'm not sure why he didn't. Maybe the band couldn't get the sound right, or his voice sucked at the time (This all went down at about 2pm).

Ant

Ant Ambient

That'd be cool if it was a full song.

Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

No roads left live should be cool.

Jesse

I wonder that if they play NRL live, if it will be more developed. Because as much as I love the studio version of NRL it feels like it's not a finished song, so hopefully if they play it, they added parts to it and such or changed something about it. Maybe chester will play rhythm guitar or something, cause you know he's not going to just stand there.

Last edited: May 30, 2008
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

As much as I'd love to post this as news, the part about the setlist is purely anecdotal and we have no way to officially confirm that NRL will be played at PR 08, unless the band states it themselves.

Sorry man. But thanks for the heads up anyways!

Jesse

Yeah. I thought about that.. I wonder if cameras were allowed there and if we will get any bootleg or what not.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

that sounds down right amazing.. *jealous face*

looking forward to hear No Roads Left :) you think they might play that at Milton Keynes? i hope so lol

Jesse

I just hope they have the digital souvenir package available because right now I have no time or money to actually pay for a concert. It sucks cause I want to go, but I can't. So, live audio.. is the closest thing I can get. Eh. It's kind of not fair for the people who attend PR08 if I get the audio for free though, but.. meh.. haha

Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

Jesse

I wish I had money to join LPU, wait. Question about LPU, do you have to pay money every year to access the forum?

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Why? Chester's probably going to play guitar on No Roads Left...I seriously doubt Mike would sing lead vocals and play guitar.

Anyway, unless there's an official announcement saying otherwise, I have a feeling Busta will just be coming out for We Made It at PR08, and not playing a set of his own.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2008
    Jesse

Well, maybe I went a little to far by saying "Anything" what I mean is I don't want him to do any lead vocals only backing. Or if mike doesn't want to sing it and wants chester to if chester does indeed do the lead vocals I don't want it to be scream type vocals, cause I like the song just how it is. Eh. Sorry, it's hard for me to get my point across right now. I don't have a problem with chester playing the guitar. :lol:

GigaScythe

GigaScythe Well-Known Member

Any pictures we can see?