Global Warming is a scam.

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Babali, Jun 18, 2008.

Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

Now, before you start beating me in the face with a shovel for dissing your new religion, listen to what I have to say to introduce this guy, and then read what he has to say.

John Coleman founded the Weather Channel. He is a very intelligent man. He knows, for a fact, that Global Warming is a scam. In this pdf: http://media.kusi.clickability.com/documents/Comments+on+Global+Warming02.pdf , you will read his much more scientific look into the scam of Global Warming. Read just the first six pages. I dare you to. The World Natural Health Organization believes Global Warming is a scam. There are more than 300 articles by the WNHO that says Global Warming is a complete and total, 100% fake propaganda campaign.

It's not real. You've all been fooled if you believe in it, and for that I sincerely apologize, but we have to wake our fellow brothers up. :)

Much love, Babali

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
    Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I never believed global warming was real.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

Don't you think it's a bit foolish to think our actions have no severe consequences on the environment? Especially since most of them are done en masse?

Will

In the '70s they believed there was global cooling.

Yes, I think there are severe consequences, but I don't think global warming is real.

Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

Sure, our pollution might cause a lot of junk and shit to spread around in our planet, but i don't think that it's causing a global warming like they say it is. The fact is, our ozone layer can take shit tons of carbon. At times, that's all our planet was emitting, when volcanoes were constantly erupting. It's just not happening. Any supposed 'holes' in our ozone layer are from their nuclear tests that they did in our ozone layer and upper atmosphere.

They're trying to shift the blame on us, see? :)

Much love, Babali

Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

This planet is changing and there's nothing we can do, I guess we all have to wait and see what happens. We all pay CO2 taxes for shit, because really, we might not help the environment with cars and other things but we are definitely not the cause of all this.

Before you know it, they're yelling around a new ice age is about to begin.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Global warming my not be real, but it's better to be prepared and do things cleaner than actually finding out what it can do to the planet in the future. I mean, it may or may not be a scam. I don't know and so I will remain neutral.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Probably the best position to have.

There's nothing wrong with having cleaner air...

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
    Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

Right, there's absolutely nothing wrong about cleaner air. :) There's nothing wrong about being vegetarian, either! It's just that it's not a direct threat to the human species.

So, if something happens that they happen to blame on Global Warming, will they be telling the truth?

Much love, Babali

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

I love you, I love you with all of my heart.

I got basically beaten down with the last global warming thread. Thank you. :lol:

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

Thank you. While I don't believe in global warming, I'll still somewhat agree with Jesse, it's better to be safe than sorry. It's just when it gets to the point where environmentalists are like "OMFGZ BAN ALL CARZ!!11!!!1!" (or something along those lines, since I'm a car enthusiast) that pisses me off.

Will

[​IMG]

That's pretty much the stance I take as well.

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

Something that I also find interesting...some scientists have been studying the sun recently, and they've found that the sun hasn't had any solar flares or sun spots in quite a while now, which last time that happened it led to an ice age.

Even if global warming was real, warming isn't that bad, is it? Wouldn't cooling be MUCH more problematic?

Oh, hahaha, today on my History regents exam, in the DBQ part, they had an article that some guy wrote about global warming, and he said that by 2050, 1/4 of the animal population will be EXTINCT from global warming alone. I was like, "this is on my test? Seriously?" It seems like recently, you either think global warming is shit, or you think it will be the end of the world. The middle ground hasn't really been showing its face recently.

Will

I think humanity could get along just fine with higher temperatures. Obviously higher temperatures would mean more vectors for disease, since most disease-carrying insects thrive in the heat, but that could be taken care of with vaccinations (which already exist for most of those diseases anyway). You're right, though: Cold weather would be more detrimental, especially to plant life (i.e. crops). Plus I hate the cold. :lol:

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

Anyone remember the theory that the sun is expanding and all? ( back around like, 5, 8 years ago? )

Maybe since it's expanding, we're "closer" to the sun by a meter or two every year or something.
    that's a whole ways "closer" to me.

Just a thought.

Will

While it's true that the sun is expanding (as all stars do during their lifespans), I don't think it's by a meter or two every year. By the time the sun is large enough to really affect the Earth, we'll all be long gone and no one will even remember what the Earth looked like now anyway.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Global warming is bullshit, it's part of a natural cycle that has occured hundreds of times before.

But, we are fucking up this planet.
    Unfortunately that's just because populations are too high. Of course, as the cycle always rights itself, we'll have a nuclear war soon, wipe out half the population of the earth, and everything will be lovely again. We just haven't hadn't a decent war/plague for too long now, that's what's wrecking the planet.

Tom

Tom LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Would any body else like to come and hide in a library with me?

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

@Will and Arlene
    Gloobal warming is just as dangerous as global cooling. Just think about the whole Antrartic melting down and raising the sea level. The consequences would be disastrous.

Anyway, I don't think global warning is that much of a threat now as they present it, but we better save our environment as much as we can for future generations. And I also don't believe in conspiracy theories like this one, that nuclear weapons are to blame for everything.

Whatever the reasons are, I think our planet IS experiencing some major climate changes. And I don't know.. I guess we'll find out sooner or later whether it is our fault or not

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Al Gore is more of a scam than global warming. He's a robot.