Global Warming is a scam.

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Babali, Jun 18, 2008.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I basically agree with Tim and Jesse. Whether global warming is real or not, pollution itself still has the potential to be pretty damaging.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I pretty much share the same belief as a few other people in here: The common idea of global warming today is all a big lie; the Earth gets hotter and colder all the time and I really doubt that'll permanently change. However, there's no question that we are fucking up this planet. We're using up our natural resources and pumping out ungodly amounts of pollution, which is bad for the planet, global warming or not. I think it's a good idea to try to follow the suggested methods of dealing with global warming anyway, because at worst you're doing no harm by being more "green."

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

An interesting point that my dad brought up, while talking about fossil fuels and how they're all almost gone...don't flame me, I just thought this was really interesting if you think about it. Now, we drill miles and miles into the earth to get oil, and the oil is apparently made from fossils...but when people were discovering dinosaur fossils, it was basically a "hey check that out!" and then "hey let's go a bit deeper since this bit is sticking out of the earth."

Kinda makes you think that maybe the oil and fuel isn't made from old diny's, why couldn't the earth be producing it itself?

*Shrug* Just thought it was something interesting to think about.

I do agree with people though that pollution is a problem, although we don't see as much of the physical effects here since I'm not in a city, but yeah.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Fossil fuels are natural fuels within the Earth's surface. It doesn't actually mean they're made from fossils.

The Earth replenishes its supply of fossil fuels itself through various processes, but those processes are ridiculously slow. That's why they claim we're "using up all our natural resources," because it just takes so long for them to be replenished.

Arlene

That makes sense. Although, I feel that a lot of people don't think how you do about it. There are many people who think that the fuel IS made from fossils and whatnot..they teach that to us in earth science class. Kinda bs.

Will

I'll be the first to admit when I'm wrong, and after I posted that, I double checked what I said, and fossil fuels do indeed come from fossils. :lol: I guess that's where they get the name, huh? I feel kind of dumb now.

But it still remains that the processes are so slow that it's unrealistic to think we can just keep continuing to use our planet's natural resources since it takes millions of years for the natural processes to unfold. That's what that means.

Arlene

But if you think about it, in my first post about the fossil stuff, how far do they drill for fuel? Miles and miles. Fossils aren't that deep into the core of the earth. I found that interesting.

Will

Well, you've got to realize that, over the period of millions of years, the Earth has "layered" itself, meaning that the older fossil fuels will be deeper under the surface. From my understanding of geology, the deeper things are, the hotter they are, which would mean they'd decompose more thoroughly, which is why we haven't found any dinosaur fossils deeper than a few thousand feet.

Arlene

Yeah I'm aware of that, but it just seems like...they wouldn't be that deep into the earth. But *shrug*. Who knows.

Will

You'll have to forgive me for sounding ignorant, but I'm not quite sure what you're getting at. I don't want to keep trying to explain something if I'm not explaining what you're talking about in the first place (assuming I could explain it anyway). I think I'm confused. :lol:

Dean

It's so they can build tunnels for the aliens.

Will

That's probably why there's "global warming." They're building all these tunnels and underground bases for aliens, which is allowing even more heat from the Earth's core up through the surface.

You're a genius, Dean! NOBEL PEACE PRIZE! :lol:

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

He stole that idea from me when he and his alien friends abdusted me. It was supposed to be my Nobel Prize..

Arlene

Haha Will, I'm just posing an idea. Who knows if the oil is really made from fossils? They drill miles into the earth for oil, but fossils aren't that far into the earth, it would seem. Haha, I'm not saying that this is fact, just something my dad mentioned that I thought was interesting.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Earth exists for almost 4.5 billion years, dinosaurs became extinct approximately 65 million years ago :p Though, dinosaurs lived about 260 million years BC to 65 million years BC but you still have 4,2 billion years of fossils.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Some fossils are near the surface of the earth, but most are underground I think. I think it is just dead matter in general though (compressed trees and such), not just dinosaur fossils though.

Will

Yeah. That's what I was trying to explain. I guess I didn't word it right?

Dean

I'd like to dedicate this award to Fox Mulder and Alex Krycek - my coleagues at the bureau, but more importantly my friends and inspirations.

Dusan: *neuraliser*

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

If pollution is CO2, and we're out putting way too much of it.
    Plants "breathe" CO2 and somehow, we get O2.
    Solution? Plant ALOT ( maybe 2,000 ) trees. how? Well, somehow. weather it circles around a city or goes through or sprinkled around it. We'll have much less CO2 in our atmosphere.
    Landfills, however..Well, hmm...Hmm, convert it into useable energy, or send it into the sun, it'll burn up, so will we have to worry about it? Did anyone ever tell you Landfills make great parks and open fields?

Arlene

People are planting trees to help produce more O2.