Global Warming is a scam.

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Babali, Jun 18, 2008.

aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Wow I actually didn't know so many of you guys don't believe in Global Warming.

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

that maybe true, but we're cutting down more than we are planting and like fossil fuels it takes ages for trees to grow to their full size which also sorta effects their ability for photosynthesis

on a sidenote: did you know leaves take dust out of the air? SO STOP PLUCKING THEM :lol:

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

I saw a documentary once...plants 'breathe' co2, and at night, they let it back out or something...I think I'll doublecheck later on...

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Wait, are you really discussing whether plants take in O2 and release CO2?

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

They take in CO2
    They give back O2.

But I'm just thinking that the world is concerned about "too much CO2 everywhere" and how carbon emmisions are so dang lethal. Plants would be such an effective way to solve the issue.

El Muerto

lol that's what I meant :)

Yeah you're right they would if poeple didn't cut down forests every day to make more buildings and roads and shit. Overpopulation will destroy us.

Theazninvasion68

So are you saying we should depopulate the world more? instead of 6 Billion, rather, 1 or 2 billion, or less?

=O!!!

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

...what?

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

He was asking if Dusan meant that the world should be depopulated.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

Well, I couldn't be bothered reading the whole thing but I read the part about the melting of the polar ice-caps and from that I have gathered that the person who wrote this is a fucking idiot.

You can't argue against the fact that the polar ice-caps are melting more rapidly now. The gulf stream is heating up and that's having an effect on the ice-caps. No questions asked.

Also, all this stuff about CO2 not being a pollutant is stupid as well. If it's in excess and is therefore damaging the atmosphere, surely it would be classed as a pollutant? From what I've gathered, rising CO2 levels affects the higher levels of the atmosphere and causes more heat to be trapped within it or something like that, which in turn causes a temperature rise. I think it's very plausible.

Personally, I can't see an arguement that can actually remove global warming as a threat to the world and I also can't find one that proves that it's all a scam. It's more likely that it's a threat that's being exhaggerated but who's to say it won't get that bad?

Theazninvasion68

Ice caps are melting, true. I have a theory thats comforting to me, that since the earth has a tilt, perhaps we tilt slightly more every 10, 20, 30 years. and that little tiny bit of extra tilt is enough to melt ice.

CO2 is classified as a polluatant, but instead of having all these programs to reduce, why not reduce and replace with plants? A much MUCH better way. Not only will it take CO2 out of atmosphere, it'll reduce and give clean air to breathe!

"global warming" in my opinion is a 'scam' because the Earth, as it has before, Melted, frozen over, melted, frozen over. It's only a threat once city's of commerce or many lives are in danger because of it.

Or I'm just wrong, please tell me. :)!

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

There are already programmes for growing new trees and forests and other such things, as well as recycled paper becoming much more commonplace and the like.

El Muerto

Well it depends on what you mean by depopulation. Of course I didn't mean that someone should just kill off half of the world to save the planet or that I'm hoping there will be a pandemy of some desease etc. god forbid :lol:
    Maybe something in the vein of the global birth control, although I know it's impossible.. There are only so many people that can live on this planet. I think we're not near that limit now, but in 100 or 500 years.. who knows..

Anyway, my point is, that's just the way we are doing things now. We are destroying the nature for our own needs that are ever-expanding and by doing that we are also destroying ourselves.

Ladidadida, fuck, that was a long rant, I bet it won't make sense when I read again:lol:

Theazninvasion68

Somewhere I read, I think their called the Gregorian stones or something like that ( in Georgia ) had something written in 8 languages that states that Earth should have 500,000,000 humans ( or i think it was 500k) to keep nature and humanity in check, and blah blah Eugenics( or genetics nowadays ). It's translated into 8 different languages, so yeah...they got their somehow.

depopulation man! :lol: God forbid conspiracys are true!

True, we are ever-expanding, harming ourselves in pollutants, capitalism, and globalism.
    And I'm sorry, for twisting your word. "Over population will destroy us" well, a solution is to Depopulate. So topic is on track!

lpboarder

lpboarder Well-Known Member

Uh, nice attitude. Anyway, yes, there are some parts of the polar ice caps that are melting but what about the ones that are growing?
    Growing glaciers

From this blog.

Isnt it interesting how when everyone talks about global warming its always about the "melting" of the ice caps when no one bothers to actually check the facts? The media has too much influence over everyone no matter where you live and the global warming charade is a fine example.

Theazninvasion68

So what If the Ice caps melt and dissolve into water, and the cities flood, and people lose their homes and die.

What then?

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I don't really know what my views are on Global Warming to be honest. I think people who believe it's a genuine threat need to realise that the earth goes through periods of warming up just as it goes through periods of cooling down but at the same time I think the people who think it's a 'scam' need to realise that pollution levels have been too great for too long and it's time to cut down regardless of Global Warming.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
    Theazninvasion68

The rise of CO2 Emmisions could be in favor.

Plants absorb CO2, they grow, Yeilding more crops.

but not over doing it, but just alittle more than average, right?

aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Personally, I don't believe that it's a scam. There are far too many things which point to the other direction. It would be narrow minded to say that all the changes in the world are a natural phenomenon.

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

Sure, we produce a bunch of CO2 and it's bad to pollute the air we breathe and whatnot. But I really don't think that it's contributing to 'global warming.'

And I agree with lpboarder, that is SO true. The media spews about all the awful things we do and how the earth is sick and has a fever, but noone looks at the facts. I myself have also heard that ice caps in some areas are larger than they have ever been before.

And Luke as well brings up a good point. Back in the 1970s I'm pretty sure it was, people were fretting over global cooling. And now it's global warming. Seems cyclic, yes?